best player from each teams history

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby Hunterlaf » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Parshall- Jon Aamot and Randy Hedberg
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 am

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby Whapeton_State_07 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Rob Hunt Cavalier, Made it to the nfl, Played center for bison
Whapeton_State_07
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby classB4ever » Fri May 01, 2009 12:46 pm

The Kasowski brothers from Buffalo. Not sure, but will take a stab at it. Dale (UND), Buck? (Valley City?) and Mike (NDSU). I believe one of them (Dale?) was drafted by either Dallas or Detroit. Can anyone help out here?
classB4ever
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby ndfan » Sun May 03, 2009 5:33 pm

classB4ever wrote:The Kasowski brothers from Buffalo. Not sure, but will take a stab at it. Dale (UND), Buck? (Valley City?) and Mike (NDSU). I believe one of them (Dale?) was drafted by either Dallas or Detroit. Can anyone help out here?


I believe Dale was drafted by the Bears in the 13th rounds in like 1978.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby classB4ever » Mon May 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks ndfan, you are correct except he was drafted in 1976. Had heard that these guys were very good, so decided to do a search for information.
Dale - 1972-'75 at UND. 5th all time rusher. 2383 yards. Tied for 3rd for TD's with 36. Drafted Chicago.
Buck - 1974-'77 at VCSU. 2nd all time rusher. 465 - 2401. 1st all time rushing TD's with 25.
Mike - 1978-'81 at NDSU. 15th all time rusher. 401 - 2100. 16 TD's.
classB4ever
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 706
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby gostars » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 am

BOB INGSTAD- from valley city back in the sixties he was a heck of a back. he told me that he was playing against lisbon and he had 5 carriess for 4 touchdowwns. and 300 yards rushing in the first quarter. he would have went to notre dame but he broke his foot and really couldnt run anymore
gostars
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:53 am

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Brian Dykema - Strasburg
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:45 am

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby Achilles » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Dickinson High- Jason Moore
Bismarck High- Weston Dressler
Achilles
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:18 am

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby hardcharger » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:07 pm

kenneth pettie played for west fargo 1972 to 1976 big strong and extremly fast
hardcharger
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:23 am

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby benchwarmer2011 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:37 pm

ellendale had pete retslaff, and jeff ulmer
benchwarmer2011
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby Bulls Fan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:33 pm

New Rockford's might be a toss up between Alex Belquist and Elliot Belquist
Bulls Fan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby bearcatbacker » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 pm

I am sorry guys but Dave Osborn played how many years for the MInnosesota Vikings, and he did not do so bad.. My vote is for Dave Osborn, from Cando, ND, and was one heck of a player.
bearcatbacker
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby woodchuck10 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:11 pm

ndbsktbllfan wrote:Minot high- casey lucas
Turtle Mt. Dave Gourneau Jr.
Rolla- Paul Tupa
Grand Forks Central- Greg Mask
St. John- Cobretti Parisien


St. John should be Tyler Bryant. The Best Option QB in the history of North Dakota. he also was an All-State MLB and Region 4 player of the year. and the runner up to Grant Singer for ND 9 man Senior player of the year. although Parisien was a better passer.
User avatar
woodchuck10
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: St. John, North Dakota

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby 1stTrack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Whats the kid's name who played for Mott and is playing for NDSU?
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
User avatar
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:Minot high- casey lucas
Turtle Mt. Dave Gourneau Jr.
Rolla- Paul Tupa
Grand Forks Central- Greg Mask
St. John- Cobretti Parisien


St. John should be Tyler Bryant. The Best Option QB in the history of North Dakota. he also was an All-State MLB and Region 4 player of the year. and the runner up to Grant Singer for ND 9 man Senior player of the year. although Parisien was a better passer.


Pretty bold statement
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2910
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:35 pm

The Schwab wrote:
woodchuck10 wrote:
ndbsktbllfan wrote:Minot high- casey lucas
Turtle Mt. Dave Gourneau Jr.
Rolla- Paul Tupa
Grand Forks Central- Greg Mask
St. John- Cobretti Parisien


St. John should be Tyler Bryant. The Best Option QB in the history of North Dakota. he also was an All-State MLB and Region 4 player of the year. and the runner up to Grant Singer for ND 9 man Senior player of the year. although Parisien was a better passer.


Pretty bold statement

yes it is. but i can tell you that i have never seen anyone run the triple option better than him. just from experience of being on the field, i remember being in Underwood playing Central Mclean watching the FB get tackled and the refs blow the whistle and our coach is going nuts cause theres Tyler Bryant running towards the endzone with the ball with no1 near him. those refs have never seen the triple option like he ran it, we ended up losing that game im not blaming it totally on the refs but they were big part there must have been 3 or more inadvertant whitsles cause they didnt know who had the ball.
User avatar
woodchuck10
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: St. John, North Dakota

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:42 pm

1stTrack wrote:Whats the kid's name who played for Mott and is playing for NDSU?


Brock Gion?
i believe thats who your thinking of
User avatar
woodchuck10
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: St. John, North Dakota

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby 1stTrack » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:11 pm

woodchuck10 wrote:
1stTrack wrote:Whats the kid's name who played for Mott and is playing for NDSU?


Brock Gion?
i believe thats who your thinking of


Yep! Thats it, thank you
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
User avatar
1stTrack
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby baloncesto » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 pm

Darrin thielges was an all state running back 4 years I believe
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
User avatar
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: best player from each teams history

Postby athlete_17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm

North- Peter Saintal
Shanley- Steve Cichy
athlete_17
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Previous

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest