Track and Field

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:04 pm

[user=2858]just a bb fan[/user] wrote:
that was well said.  for feeshattack, spoken like a person who doesn't have a clue.

He doesnt have a clue because hes in golf. But that doesn't mean you can rag on him. Not everyone is made for track.
Last edited by grizz on Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:40 pm

I don't know why some people get nervous but the people i know say its the individual thing and there are not many things as tough as running an 800 or 400 at an indoor meet.  It kinda feels like you might be die.:hammer:
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:56 pm

I would much rather run an 800 or 400 outdoors. I dont know how much it affects a person indoors for the 800, but the 400 definately benifits shorter people because they can lean a lot more and easier.

I have a big meet next thursday here in Dickinson. Class A and B. 25 teams. I'm already getting a little nervous.:puke:
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby T-Bone » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:31 pm

grizz wrote:I would much rather run an 800 or 400 outdoors. I dont know how much it affects a person indoors for the 800, but the 400 definately benifits shorter people because they can lean a lot more and easier.

I have a big meet next thursday here in Dickinson. Class A and B. 25 teams. I'm already getting a little nervous.:puke:

Is that the Coke meet?
T-Bone

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:42 pm

Yep you gonna be there?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby T-Bone » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Possibly, not sure yet.
T-Bone

Postby opinionated » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:53 pm

I do not rag, I simply educate. I love hard working athletes who are also hard working teammates. No coach, no training program can make you as good as your own teammates can. Think how awesome it would be to graduate from high school knowing that you accomplished making yourself the best athlete you possibly could, it takes alot of things to come together but when it does it's magic, BABY
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Re: Track and Field

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:02 pm

I haven't ran in a track meet since 2004 when I was in college and I'm getting nervous just thinking about running!!! I agree with all of you guys about the Half and the Quarter... those are races for real men!
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm

It may really surprise people a lot of people who arn't familiar with the sport, but you really do get stressed out and nervous before a race. Probably because you don't want a let down and probably because you know you're going to feel the most physical pain you've ever felt, or at least it feels that way.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:It may really surprise people a lot of people who arn't familiar with the sport, but you really do get stressed out and nervous before a race. Probably because you don't want a let down and probably because you know you're going to feel the most physical pain you've ever felt, or at least it feels that way.

I would say personally the most even I get nervous for is the 1600 relay. I hate running the 400 with a passion, but if I were to do very bad, I would be letting the people on my relay down, thus I have to try, even though I know I will hate it.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Track and Field