running out a gas

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

running out a gas

Postby winner-within » Tue May 25, 2010 1:48 pm

well I think Van Gundy, Howard and the Boys made a great statement last night....I was Impressed with Howard battling inside with the cheap-shot chubbers Perkins and big Baby...and then putting up with the crybaby's- Pierce, Wallace and Garnett. He showed he isn't scarred of their smack talkin! I think we will see the green clover collapse and give up three more UH!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: running out a gas

Postby Indy5 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:58 pm

What is with your love fest with Howard? You think he is like Shaq in his prime. Be realistic. Howard had one of his best games last night, but he's not that great. He can do two things. 1. Catch it in the middle of the paint and shoot a right handed hook shot. 2. Catch it on the block, spin and dunk. He has struggled against the Celtics because Perkins and Davis are both big and strong to D him up. Where do you see cheapshots?

Crybabies Pierce and Garnett? What are you talking about? I don't think I've ever seen either of them complain about anything. They are both experienced vets who know what it takes to win.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Indy5 wrote:What is with your love fest with Howard? You think he is like Shaq in his prime. Be realistic. Howard had one of his best games last night, but he's not that great. He can do two things. 1. Catch it in the middle of the paint and shoot a right handed hook shot. 2. Catch it on the block, spin and dunk. He has struggled against the Celtics because Perkins and Davis are both big and strong to D him up. Where do you see cheapshots?

Crybabies Pierce and Garnett? What are you talking about? I don't think I've ever seen either of them complain about anything. They are both experienced vets who know what it takes to win.

Oh they complain...but who in the NBA doesn't complain!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Thu May 27, 2010 12:23 pm

That Howard runs the floor like he's 6'1" wow!! 8) I hear a train a comin...its comin down the track!! :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 27, 2010 1:29 pm

winner-within wrote:That Howard runs the floor like he's 6'1" wow!! 8) I hear a train a comin...its comin down the track!! :D

Seriously, why do you love him so much? He has had 2 good games all series. Last night he was pretty good, but only because Perkins got tossed on something totally ridiculous. Big Baby also got a concussion. And Wallace was in foul trouble. So I hope Howard can play well against Marquis Daniels and Sheldon Williams.

Also, he was awful against Charlotte and not spectacular against Atlanta.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 27, 2010 2:35 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:That Howard runs the floor like he's 6'1" wow!! 8) I hear a train a comin...its comin down the track!! :D

Seriously, why do you love him so much? He has had 2 good games all series. Last night he was pretty good, but only because Perkins got tossed on something totally ridiculous. Big Baby also got a concussion. And Wallace was in foul trouble. So I hope Howard can play well against Marquis Daniels and Sheldon Williams.

Also, he was awful against Charlotte and not spectacular against Atlanta.

one series at a time...which makes your last comment irrelevant
Wallace has a bad back also...he's done (to old anyway)....Perkins should have been getting more techs the first 2 games (dirty player)..... I was never so happy to see Big Baby fold up like a cheap tent....this series has been fun and Howard is getting the experience he will need for the next few yeas....especially if you know who stays in the Eastern conf.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 27, 2010 5:42 pm

You shoulda stayed with your first assumption :)

Re: Kobe Bryant

Postby Indy5 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:28 pm
I agree not the best anymore. Lebron is better and I think Wade is better. I guess I'll agree he is the best closer, but I think Pierce is a close second. I think he will possibly finish with his 5th ring at sometime. I don't know if it will be this year. I feel it will be Orlando

Indy5
NDPreps All-State

* E-mail Indy5 :)
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 27, 2010 6:42 pm

That was back before the playoffs started when Boston looked like they didn't hardly have anything to the tank to get by Miami, nonetheless go up 3-0 in the conference finals.

I don't see how Perkins and Davis are dirty. Explain this to me. I never see any cheap shots from either of them.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu May 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Indy5 wrote:That was back before the playoffs started when Boston looked like they didn't hardly have anything to the tank to get by Miami, nonetheless go up 3-0 in the conference finals.

I don't see how Perkins and Davis are dirty. Explain this to me. I never see any cheap shots from either of them.

It's amazing how physical play is called cheap when your team is losing, but yet your team is playing tough when they are just as physical and winning...makes my laugh haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu May 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Indy5 wrote:Crybabies Pierce and Garnett? What are you talking about? I don't think I've ever seen either of them complain about anything. They are both experienced vets who know what it takes to win.

Pierce is such a drama queen. Any time you touch him he acts like he got shot. I don't see him complain much though.

These NBA threads aren't "hot topics" shouldn't they be in the "Sports and Other Things" section?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Flip wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Crybabies Pierce and Garnett? What are you talking about? I don't think I've ever seen either of them complain about anything. They are both experienced vets who know what it takes to win.

Pierce is such a drama queen. Any time you touch him he acts like he got shot. I don't see him complain much though.

These NBA threads aren't "hot topics" shouldn't they be in the "Sports and Other Things" section?

Yeah he does do that, but it's not because he's a drama queen. He is just trying to draw the foul. Lots of people sell things. He is just a little excessive, but it usually works.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu May 27, 2010 10:47 pm

I'm talking about after he gets fouled and lays on the ground like he's injured or gets taken to the locker room in a wheel chair only to come back and play in the same game.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:19 am

Flip wrote:I'm talking about after he gets fouled and lays on the ground like he's injured or gets taken to the locker room in a wheel chair only to come back and play in the same game.

Haha ok. I have to give you that one.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri May 28, 2010 2:08 am

Flip wrote:I'm talking about after he gets fouled and lays on the ground like he's injured or gets taken to the locker room in a wheel chair only to come back and play in the same game.

whats the basis to use a wheelchair then? teams are cautious when their franchise player goes down. I remember D-Wade being taken off the floor in a wheelchair....for a seperated shoulder.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 am

baseball wrote:
Indy5 wrote:That was back before the playoffs started when Boston looked like they didn't hardly have anything to the tank to get by Miami, nonetheless go up 3-0 in the conference finals.

It's amazing how physical play is called cheap when your team is losing, but yet your team is playing tough when they are just as physical and winning...makes my laugh haha

I personally dont care if Orlando wins...I see a bright future for Howard and that's a little exciting... you can tell he is getting coached by Ewing not to take anything from the big boys of Boston and thats also great to see...he is a force but for the first to series he had forgotten that (youth) same with Lebron they both need to figure out who's boss.
What make me laugh is Boston forgot how old they are and should have milked out their physicality a little better but they ended up on their heals and went into desperation mode and now their banged up...I really like watching Redick...he has a tremendous amount of BBall knowledge and wants a place in this league..he's earning his paycheck.
Last edited by winner-within on Fri May 28, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 28, 2010 9:46 am

well none the less...anyone going with the Magic, had to have had Howard in the picture somewhere and you call him terrible...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 28, 2010 11:21 am

winner-within wrote:

well none the less...anyone going with the Magic, had to have had Howard in the picture somewhere and you call him terrible...

I don't call him terrible. I see him as what he is. A big, physical brusiser to bang in the paint and block shots, rebound, and dunk. Kind of like Thabeet was at UCONN. You are treating him like he's a mix of Shaq in his prime and Duncan. Howard can score in two ways.

1. Catch it in the mddle of the paint and shoot a right handed hook shot
2. Spin and dunk
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 28, 2010 11:55 am

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I don't call him terrible. I see him as what he is. A big, physical brusiser to bang in the paint and block shots, rebound, and dunk. Kind of like Thabeet was at UCONN. You are treating him like he's a mix of Shaq in his prime and Duncan. Howard can score in two ways.

2. Spin and dunk

What he is is much more than that....a physical specimen for one .... he's full of pizazz, something that will take him along ways in life, and in Basket Ball at the top level....
The NBA is a business, not just a league...and he will be the franchise player where ever he is playing...he has untapped potential, I will agree with you there....but if all you see is a Big Bruiser than you better open both eyes.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri May 28, 2010 1:53 pm

baseball wrote:whats the basis to use a wheelchair then?

Wheelchairs should be used for injured players.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:40 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

2. Spin and dunk

What he is is much more than that....a physical specimen for one .... he's full of pizazz, something that will take him along ways in life, and in Basket Ball at the top level....
The NBA is a business, not just a league...and he will be the franchise player where ever he is playing...he has untapped potential, I will agree with you there....but if all you see is a Big Bruiser than you better open both eyes.

I don't see piazz. I see him whine and want every call. And many times in the Charlotte series he would hammer someone, have them call a foul, and then proceed to whine about it like he never touched him.

I will certainly agree that he is a physical specimen, but that doesn't make him Hall of Fame caliber. I honestly don't think he is a top 10 player.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

2. Spin and dunk

I don't see piazz. I see him whine and want every call. And many times in the Charlotte series he would hammer someone, have them call a foul, and then proceed to whine about it like he never touched him.

I will certainly agree that he is a physical specimen, but that doesn't make him Hall of Fame caliber. I honestly don't think he is a top 10 player.

well OK... but he will be in the hall of fame...top ten Just like in high school class A or B I'm not going there anymore, I think top anything is a waste of time topic.......Franchise Player.....Strong as a horse...Big smile (pizazz, at least he doesn't look like a serial killer like Wallace)....way more agility and grace than your giving him credit for.....and if he was up for free agency this year it would be as big as Lebron and bigger than Wade or Johnson....remember its the land of giants.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:50 pm

winner-within wrote:remember its the land of giants.

This is way off. Today's NBA is such a guard and forward type of a league. Look at all the top players. LeBron, Kobe, Wade. Top 3 all guard/forward type players. Saying the NBA is the land of giants is like saying the NFL is all about the running game.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 28, 2010 5:22 pm

Indy5 wrote:

This is way off. Today's NBA is such a guard and forward type of a league. Look at all the top players. LeBron, Kobe, Wade. Top 3 all guard/forward type players. Saying the NBA is the land of giants is like saying the NFL is all about the running game.

The NBA's average height is 6' 7".... I think that qualifies for "land of giants".... I wont switch to football.....but saying that the NBA is "not the land of giants" is like saying, "its real easy to find a great coach for a class B team in ND".
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

The NBA's average height is 6' 7".... I think that qualifies for "land of giants".... I wont switch to football.....but saying that the NBA is "not the land of giants" is like saying, "its real easy to find a great coach for a class B team in ND".

Depends how u take the term land of giants. When I hear land of giants used for basketball, i think dominant players in the paint like Shaq and Wilt in their prime...basketball is not the land of giants in that aspect. if you look at just height...then yes, basketball is the land of the giants.

i myself take it as the first option.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:05 am

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Well yes, obvisously it is the land of giants in terms of them being freakishly tall. I always refer to it as the abnormal human game. That is totally irrelevant to the point of Howard being a great big guy though.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Hot Topics