running out a gas

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: running out a gas

Postby winner-within » Sat May 29, 2010 9:37 am

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:remember its the land of giants.

This is way off. Today's NBA is such a guard and forward type of a league. Look at all the top players. LeBron, Kobe, Wade. Top 3 all guard/forward type players. Saying the NBA is the land of giants is like saying the NFL is all about the running game.

The NBA's average height is 6' 7".... I think that qualifies for "land of giants".... I wont switch to football.....but saying that the NBA is "not the land of giants" is like saying, "its real easy to find a great coach for a class B team in ND".

Well yes, obvisously it is the land of giants in terms of them being freakishly tall. I always refer to it as the abnormal human game. That is totally irrelevant to the point of Howard being a great big guy though.

after hearing what you call them...we should probably not worry about it...."Abnormal Human Game" a person could incorporate a lot of thought into that name (wont go there)......"Land of Giants" is even somewhat ignorant. :)
Hats off to Boston!! they showed up and destroyed hope,
I would have liked to have seen the Suns win the other night...I think they will force game seven but it will more than likely be LA and Boston for the Ring. Forgive me for my agitation when it comes to the this topic I just know that there are so many Boston fans out there, its fun to probe. I personally do not take the NBA as seriously as I used to (through the Jordan years)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: running out a gas

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:22 pm

Indy5 wrote:What is with your love fest with Howard? You think he is like Shaq in his prime. Be realistic. Howard had one of his best games last night, [b]but he's not that great. He can do two things. 1. Catch it in the middle of the paint and shoot a right handed hook shot. 2. Catch it on the block, spin and dunk. He has struggled against the Celtics because Perkins and Davis are both big and strong to D him up. Where do you see cheapshots?

Crybabies Pierce and Garnett? What are you talking about? I don't think I've ever seen either of them complain about anything. They are both experienced vets who know what it takes to win.

Looks like he must have learned a few more "things" over the summer...I'm wondering if you were looking hard enough.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics