Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who is the best player in the NBA

Kobe Bryant
9
31%
LeBron James
13
45%
Kevin Durant
6
21%
Other
1
3%
 
Total votes : 29

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:42 pm

The Schwab wrote:He played his butt off in the playoffs (I've never seen a person get a triple double and get bashed, wow)
.


That actually made me mad...Rondo put up numbers like that and got praised for one of the best indivual performances in playoff history. LeBron puts up a BETTER line, and get's ripped for it.

Amazing what a loss and win can do for that....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

winner-within wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I put a list on earlier but I'll change it now

1. Wade
2. Durant
3. LeBron
4. Kobe
5. Rose
6. Amare
7. Melo
8. Dirk
9. Pierce
10. Howard



You'll get it if you look at what wade did after Shaq split...Nothing

Are you guys basing this off of team success with these players or just how the player plays. Cuz after Shaq left Wade's numbers got even better but the team struggled. You can't say Wade did nothing without Shaq. The team did nothing without Shaq


What did Lebron do with no help in Cleavland? I love D-wade...but his success this year is due to the Focus Lebron gets, If anyone say's there is someone that brings more to a team than LeBron, There crazy!...Gretzke, Magic, Bird, A-Rod, MJ...No one adds or has added more presence to a team (Cleavland, Miami) than LeBron.

DWade has always put up great numbers. Yes the team is better with Lebron and I guess DWade is playing a little better, but you can't say its only because of Lebron. Wade is a great player too.
Hail the Bison!
User avatar
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Cass County

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:07 am

D-wade is spectacular, Not a triple double guy...not a point guard (They'll have Bibby now) Plays bigger than he is at the 2, 3 spot but in the NBA he needs to be complimented by a Superstar (LeBron) to win it all...He's a Pippin, maybe slightly better overall.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 am

The heat have two pippens Wade and Lebron. :lol:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 am

ndfan wrote:The heat have two pippens Wade and Lebron. :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sportsrube
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 434
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:13 am

ndfan wrote:The heat have two pippens Wade and Lebron. :lol:


And Bosh is a ________! :lol:
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

winner-within wrote:
ndfan wrote:The heat have two pippens Wade and Lebron. :lol:


And Bosh is a ________! :lol:


poor mans Horace Grant :mrgreen:
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
User avatar
ndfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:45 am
Location: Grafton

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:14 am

ndfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:
ndfan wrote:The heat have two pippens Wade and Lebron. :lol:


And Bosh is a ________! :lol:


poor mans Horace Grant :mrgreen:



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby champs11 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:47 pm

Celtics are taking it this year.....they have very expirenced players who just know how to play
champs11
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:52 pm

champs11 wrote:Celtics are taking it this year.....they have very expirenced players who just know how to play

Thanks for telling us who is going to win the championship in a topic about best player. Celtics are good, but they have a lot of work to do. Lebron and D Wade have been in the top 5 on many people's lists of best players. The Heat could own the East if they play well. That being said, they still have to beat Boston and Chicago.
Hail the Bison!
User avatar
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Cass County

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby champs11 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:07 pm

The suns have a good shot too
champs11
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:34 pm

champs11 wrote:Celtics are taking it this year.....they have very expirenced players who just know how to play


Experienced when they win, old when they lose.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4643
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby gobison#6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 pm

champs11 wrote:The suns have a good shot too

As of right now Pheonix is in 9th in the West. Not even in the playoffs if it started today.
Hail the Bison!
User avatar
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Cass County

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby champs11 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:23 pm

its not about the way you start off the season its the way you end it.
champs11
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:55 pm

champs11 wrote:Celtics are taking it this year.....they have very expirenced players who just know how to play



Yea I'd say they'll win Gold in the Olympics.. :wink:
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby ambition13 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:07 am

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Wade
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Dirk
8. Nash
9. Westbrook
10. Gasol
A good sermon should be like a woman's skirt: short enough to rouse the interest, but long enough to cover the essentials - Ronald Knox
User avatar
ambition13
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 am

ambition13 wrote:1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Wade
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Dirk
8. Nash
9. Westbrook
10. Gasol


as far as this years playoffs go
Rose
Durant
Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Howard
Dirk
Paul
Randolph
Manu
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:16 pm

winner-within wrote:
ambition13 wrote:1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. Kobe
4. Wade
5. Howard
6. Rose
7. Dirk
8. Nash
9. Westbrook
10. Gasol


as far as this years playoffs go
Rose
Durant
Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Howard
Dirk
Paul
Randolph
Manu

If you're talking playoff performances,

1. Durant
2. Paul
3. Rose
4. Melo
5. Howard
6. Dirk
7. Ibaka
8. Kobe
9a. Lebron
9b. Wade
10. Westbrook

Serge is gonna look like a dumb statement but he is averaging 10.2 PPG, 11 RPG, and 4.8 BPG in nthe playoffs. The next closest in blocks is Noah with 2.6.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 pm

I was actually talking CARRING YOUR TEAM thus far.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:31 pm

winner-within wrote:I was actually talking CARRING YOUR TEAM thus far.

Then Paul is number 1 and Zach Randolph needs to be on the list.

Take off Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka off the list. They all help each other.
Take Rose off because Deng has been a star in the playoffs too
Take Kobe off. Artest has been playing really good.
Take Wade and LeBron off. Two stars playing together.

Therefore we have,
1. Paul- Playing great. Giving a poor team a chance to knock out the Lakers
2. Melo- Played good. Had to do it without Billups and Amare couldn't play much after game 1.
3. Howard- Playing well. Great game 1, had 40 some. Can't think of anyone else playing particularly well
4. Dirk- Playing good. At this point in his career, Kidd is a role player. No one else playing huge.
5. Randolph- Has Memphis on the verge of beating San Antonio with no big time help. Just other role players
6. Granger- Was the star of his team. Helped them play Chicago tough 3 times, winning one.
7. Aldridge- To some extent. He's been his team's best player in the series. I wouldn't really put him on here.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I was actually talking CARRING YOUR TEAM thus far.

Then Paul is number 1 and Zach Randolph needs to be on the list.

Take off Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka off the list. They all help each other.
Take Rose off because Deng has been a star in the playoffs too
Take Kobe off. Artest has been playing really good.
Take Wade and LeBron off. Two stars playing together.

Therefore we have,
1. Paul- Playing great. Giving a poor team a chance to knock out the Lakers
2. Melo- Played good. Had to do it without Billups and Amare couldn't play much after game 1.
3. Howard- Playing well. Great game 1, had 40 some. Can't think of anyone else playing particularly well
4. Dirk- Playing good. At this point in his career, Kidd is a role player. No one else playing huge.
5. Randolph- Has Memphis on the verge of beating San Antonio with no big time help. Just other role players
6. Granger- Was the star of his team. Helped them play Chicago tough 3 times, winning one.
7. Aldridge- To some extent. He's been his team's best player in the series. I wouldn't really put him on here.


You make a good point, but we see the NBA differently.....and thats OK...Randolph and Paul were on My list.....You put Wade and Lebron with any other 3 starters (minus superstars) and their Bench that made the Playoffs and they... Hands down, win it all... real easy....Miami has 3 guys who will try and do it this year.....thats alot less than any other team who has ever won the Championship....Thats why I want them to win, they are Underdogs.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby Indy5 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:11 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I was actually talking CARRING YOUR TEAM thus far.

Then Paul is number 1 and Zach Randolph needs to be on the list.

Take off Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka off the list. They all help each other.
Take Rose off because Deng has been a star in the playoffs too
Take Kobe off. Artest has been playing really good.
Take Wade and LeBron off. Two stars playing together.

Therefore we have,
1. Paul- Playing great. Giving a poor team a chance to knock out the Lakers
2. Melo- Played good. Had to do it without Billups and Amare couldn't play much after game 1.
3. Howard- Playing well. Great game 1, had 40 some. Can't think of anyone else playing particularly well
4. Dirk- Playing good. At this point in his career, Kidd is a role player. No one else playing huge.
5. Randolph- Has Memphis on the verge of beating San Antonio with no big time help. Just other role players
6. Granger- Was the star of his team. Helped them play Chicago tough 3 times, winning one.
7. Aldridge- To some extent. He's been his team's best player in the series. I wouldn't really put him on here.


You make a good point, but we see the NBA differently.....and thats OK...Randolph and Paul were on My list.....You put Wade and Lebron with any other 3 starters (minus superstars) and their Bench that made the Playoffs and they... Hands down, win it all... real easy....Miami has 3 guys who will try and do it this year.....thats alot less than any other team who has ever won the Championship....Thats why I want them to win, they are Underdogs.

We obviously see underdogs differently. The Heat have got tons of publicity all year. Some good, some bad. They haven't been overlooked though. By the way, in scoring for the playoffs, LeBron is 6th, Wade is 10th and Bosh is 17. I think they have a little help. I'll give you them having a bad bench but they still have some role players to fit their team on there. They aren't underdogs.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, or Kevin Garnett

Postby winner-within » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 pm

They are huge underdogs when it comes to Boston and Lakers cause third place means nothing in the NBA playoffs... because of experience and Coaching and absolutely no bench they make themselves a risky bet.
But because Lebron does more for any team in any sport in the history of sports....they still have a chance.
"It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer" - Larry Bird
User avatar
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Previous

Return to Hot Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest