Do principals and AD's have authority

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Do principals and AD's have authority

Postby slapshot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Heard three kids who were watching a game at the Urban Plains center got in trouble at school because one of the principals overheard them swear. Does their power really reach that far? I can understand if the kids swore at teacher or another adult. But just for the principals to overhear it? I also see them telling kids where to sit in a 5000 seat arena after they paid for parking and a $3.00 hot dog, not to mention the fee to get in, no wonder kids don't come to watch games.What do you think?
slapshot
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Do principals and AD's have authority

Postby balla45 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 pm

slapshot wrote:Heard three kids who were watching a game at the Urban Plains center got in trouble at school because one of the principals overheard them swear. Does their power really reach that far? I can understand if the kids swore at teacher or another adult. But just for the principals to overhear it? I also see them telling kids where to sit in a 5000 seat arena after they paid for parking and a $3.00 hot dog, not to mention the fee to get in, no wonder kids don't come to watch games.What do you think?

If it is a sanctioned high school sporting event, they have authority.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Hot Topics