Pep Bands

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Pep Bands

Postby Elevenfan » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:12 pm

I agree with Todd James, not only because he was the 8th grade Knowledge Bowl Champ, but because Belcourt's band abosolutely ROCKS with "D" at the helm. There's always someone dancing in the crowd.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 pm

theman wrote:Dedicated.........or stupid?

dedicated...
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:33 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:STILL THINK STANDING ROCK'S BAND IS AWESOME.....EVEN THOUGH THEY ONLY PLAYED IN THE REGION 5 AREA.......KIM COURNOYER IS A AWESOME DIRECTOR....GOTTA GIVE HER PROPS..FOR BEING THAT DEDICATED.!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

WHY ARE WE POSTING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.....!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby LPB'S37 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:52 am

Is this seriously a topic????
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:52 pm

LPB'S37 wrote:Is this seriously a topic????

yes pep bands are key to helping get the team and crowd into a game.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby LPB'S37 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:05 am

gobison#6 wrote:

yes pep bands are key to helping get the team and crowd into a game.

i would have to disagree
LPB'S37
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:18 am

I disagree with LP - if you have a seriously good pep band that plays good stuff it can really get the adrenaline going. Nothing better than live music - IF it's good. A bad pep band can be a serious downer.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Hinsa wrote:I disagree with LP - if you have a seriously good pep band that plays good stuff it can really get the adrenaline going. Nothing better than live music - IF it's good. A bad pep band can be a serious downer.

Yes if a pep band is loud, fun to watch, and plays the music right it can really get you pumped.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 pm

I guess I'm kinda with LPB'S37 on this but that could be because my school does not have a good band at all. That being said our students body is still usually very loud and offers a real home court advantage.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndpreps09 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:08 pm

Indy5 wrote:I guess I'm kinda with LPB'S37 on this but that could be because my school does not have a good band at all. That being said our students body is still usually very loud and offers a real home court advantage.

I think this topic deserves to be up without a question! Pep Bands are the key to any good team! I think maddack has one of the best in the state no doubt!
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Milkman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:07 pm

ndpreps09 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I guess I'm kinda with LPB'S37 on this but that could be because my school does not have a good band at all. That being said our students body is still usually very loud and offers a real home court advantage.

I think this topic deserves to be up without a question! Pep Bands are the key to any good team! I think maddack has one of the best in the state no doubt!

I am not down playing pep bands, trust me. I played in the pep band in high school for sporting events that I wasn't in. I will agree that a good pep band really adds to the atmosphere of a high school athletic event. I loved playing away games at schools that had good pep bands as well. Pep bands, cheerleaders and the smell of popcorn wafting into the packed gym. Thats my idea of the ND basketball experience.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Pep bands are the key to any good team??????? Do you think this is a little bit of an exaggeration?

Home or away pep bands made basketball even more enjoyable for everyone and didn't give a home team a distinct advantage. I guess I was never intimidated by a home teams pep band. Crowds, on the other hand................
Let’s go cut down some nets boys.

-Saul Phillips
Milkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:22 pm

ndpreps09 wrote:

And how is Maddock at basketball?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndpreps09 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Indy5 wrote:
ndpreps09 wrote:

And how is Maddock at basketball?

Picked last in District 7....i guess that wasnt a good example! But regardless, they have an outstanding band!
ndpreps09
NDPreps Starter

Postby i am legend » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:28 am

ndpreps09 wrote:

Yah any good team. When was the last time maddock made it to state in anything?
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rowsdower! » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:07 am

i am legend wrote:
ndpreps09 wrote:

FYI, they went to the state 9-man title game two years in a row in 2001 (losing to Strasburg/Zeeland) and 2002 (losing to Linton-HMB.) I suppose seven years is too long of an elapsed time frame to support the previously posed statement that pep bands are the key to any GOOD team... :lol:

Back to the topic at hand. I've always been partial to the Maddock pep band for their good sense of showmanship. "The Chicken Dance" will always illicit a laugh or two from spectators, especially when the woodwind players start to dance on the floor. And you gotta give props to any band that finishes their set with the Muppet Show theme. They were probably one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed covering the CNDC girls' basketball tournament in past years, if just for the entertainment factor.
Rowsdower! - The artist formerly known around these parts as rocketsphotoguy
I sensed that with my hair. My hair is an elaborate network of nerves, constantly processing information.
Rowsdower!
NDPreps Rookie

Postby i am legend » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Rowsdower! wrote:
i am legend wrote:
ndpreps09 wrote:

FYI, they went to the state 9-man title game two years in a row in 2001 (losing to Strasburg/Zeeland) and 2002 (losing to Linton-HMB.) I suppose seven years is too long of an elapsed time frame to support the previously posed statement that pep bands are the key to any GOOD team... :lol:

Back to the topic at hand. I've always been partial to the Maddock pep band for their good sense of showmanship. "The Chicken Dance" will always illicit a laugh or two from spectators, especially when the woodwind players start to dance on the floor. And you gotta give props to any band that finishes their set with the Muppet Show theme. They were probably one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed covering the CNDC girls' basketball tournament in past years, if just for the entertainment factor.

Ok they were good in one sport 7 and 8 years ago, that really doesnt show that much cuz if they were such a good pep band they wouldnt have to live so far in the past.
i am legend
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:06 am

I'm in TOTALLY agree with Central Cass! Their band is impressive. Good numbers and what impressed me most was that I never saw a director up there...they were led by Senior drummer Logan McLean
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I'm in TOTALLY agree with Central Cass! Their band is impressive. Good numbers and what impressed me most was that I never saw a director up there...they were led by Senior drummer Logan McLean

Yep Logan leads us and our director plays along most of the time or just watches from the back. Logan and I pick the songs and order and get things going. He calls out all the songs and counts them off. We set it up nicely with Logan on the quad toms and me on the drum set in the middle so we can communicate with each other and the rest of the band. Thanks for the compliment we have gotten many this year.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I'm in TOTALLY agree with Central Cass! Their band is impressive. Good numbers and what impressed me most was that I never saw a director up there...they were led by Senior drummer Logan McLean

Yep Logan leads us and our director plays along most of the time or just watches from the back. Logan and I pick the songs and order and get things going. He calls out all the songs and counts them off. We set it up nicely with Logan on the quad toms and me on the drum set in the middle so we can communicate with each other and the rest of the band. Thanks for the compliment we have gotten many this year.

Well your band made it fun last Friday...even though the game wasn't very fun for our team!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

Well your band made it fun last Friday...even though the game wasn't very fun for our team!

yeah thanks we appreciate the compliments. We played tonight again but only had like half the amount of people as usual playing but it still sounded awesome. Another team though is not having fun against our girls, I left at half and it was CC 30 something Sargent Central 3.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:47 am

standing rock's pepband plays like their teams, fast..not intentionally, but they love playing fast and loud, thats been their style and it separates them from other pepbands. Although, they dont get the applause from their home crowd...weird?? idk?/
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmyb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

Why are you in this thread?
luvmyb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:16 am

Central Cass is HANDS DOWN the BEST pep band!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dolphinfan20 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Maddock's band has always been great--loud with an amazing mixture of songs!
dolphinfan20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Central Cass is HANDS DOWN the BEST pep band!!

playing again at Boys district 2 tournament on Friday.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics