Chris Coste Book Signing

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Chris Coste Book Signing

Postby rep » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:28 pm

i was in at the barnes and noble in fargo over the weekend and when i bought chris coste's book there was a sign saying that he was going to be there on july 15 (i think that was the date) to do a book signing.

i've only read about 30 pages or so of the book, but from what i've read i highly recommend buying it or picking it up from a library and giving it a read.

also, i'm sure barnes and noble is going to be a zoo on the day of the book signing, but if you don't mind long lines, i think everything kicks off around 7 p.m. or so.
rep

Re: Chris Coste Book Signing

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:42 pm

you think they would start it earlier if they would expect alot of people...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm

i wonder if they aren't starting it at that time in order to be able to wrap it up...like they will give coste two or three hours of madness and then get him out because it is 10 p.m. (or whenever) and they have to close. i'm thinking if they started it at noon, there would be a steady flow of people through there all day.

and, too, maybe with it being the all-star break, his flight arrives in fargo at 5 p.m. or whatever.
rep

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:39 pm

penciled in starting at C tonight on ESPN Sunday night baseball. CHRIS COSTE
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:21 pm

bus driver wrote:penciled in starting at C tonight on ESPN Sunday night baseball. CHRIS COSTE

how come Erstad and Hafner never got this much excitement for a start haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:26 pm

because NDpreps wasnt around until a couple years ago.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Hafner started today though...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:52 pm

so start a thread about him starting and i'll gladly track him. i'm not dissing the Sykeston Super-Star or Erstad at all. this thread was about Coste and I saw him penciled in to start. and here's a news flash--Coste starting on ESPN Sunday night baseball may be rare given the fact he's the backup catcher....

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Sounds like Coste had a pretty good game tonight.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:03 pm

this probably jsut sounds like im bashing on the guy but im not. not alot of ND players play in the majors and its amazing that he is. Coste is a backup starting on Sunday Night Baseball and its like its the biggest thing ever, but yet when Hafner does it, its nothing because hes a regular? shouldnt it be the other way around, Hafner get the praise for doing it day in and day out, or Coste who does it twice a week to give Ruiz a rest? again not bashing him even though it sounds like but take it as you want...

as for the good game, i guess it depends what your definition of a good game is. 1-4 with a K and 4 LOB...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:49 am

i think that because hafner is a dh he doesn't quite create as much excitement.

where when erstad or coste make a start, they can impact a game maybe 10-12 times, hafner has a ceiling of four or five possible impacts because he isn't in the field.

although, to be honest, him sending a shot into pronkville usually sends me scrambling for a pronk bar.
rep

Postby point/center » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:58 am

No way will I stoop down and stir a Coste/Pronk/Erstad/Helling debate. Not going to take the bait baseball.

anyway have a Tim Olson update?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

baseball wrote:this probably jsut sounds like im bashing on the guy but im not. not alot of ND players play in the majors and its amazing that he is. Coste is a backup starting on Sunday Night Baseball and its like its the biggest thing ever, but yet when Hafner does it, its nothing because hes a regular? shouldnt it be the other way around, Hafner get the praise for doing it day in and day out, or Coste who does it twice a week to give Ruiz a rest? again not bashing him even though it sounds like but take it as you want...

as for the good game, i guess it depends what your definition of a good game is. 1-4 with a K and 4 LOB...

who cares let him have his time, its big cause you just don't know if he'll ever get the chance to do it again. You don't think Hafner, Erstad, and Helling had there time in the sun??? The guy worked his freaking man off (not saying the other ND guys didn't work there man off) 10+ years in the minor leagues to get to this point, give him a little lime light for his accomplishment. I'm proud of all the ND guys and hope they can keep representing ND well.

On a side not Peter Gammons said its a excellent read so I may have to check it out sometime.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:49 pm

I saw a ESPN highlight after his first at-bat that said he had just raised his % to .420. I was just going on that. I probably jinxed him.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:53 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:

I saw a ESPN highlight after his first at-bat that said he had just raised his % to .420. I was just going on that. I probably jinxed him.

yea after the game his BA is at .385 or soemthing close to that and 2 HR with 4 RBI. hes got a good season going so far...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Return to Hot Topics