Coaches Comments

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaches Comments

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Why not let coaches respond? I wouldn't call asking for a face to face out of the question? But who is to say that coaches aren't already posting. Why let them do post game analysis? Or have Q and A sessions? Heck it would be better than having them post under some other name and then rail on fans, players, etc...

I know coaches who read this regularly, bite their tongue and start wondering why they do what they do.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Re: Coaches Comments

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:34 pm

What are we talking about here?
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:20 pm

I believe it has to do with some posts on the all district/tourney teams.......several folks were taking exception to 9manfbmom being a coach and posting some Qs, etc. I think this topic got started to maybe argue that point or how coaches could provide some insight? might be off track, but I think thats what is happening
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:36 pm

Actually it was after I read a post about the DHS hockey coach posting.

It would be a cool idea to have a Q and A with coaches.

Let them explain the tourny team process or all-state. I bet that would make for interesting messages. Let them explain why player A didn't get as much playing time or why player B didn't dress.

I realize they would get bashed but knowing it coming in they wouldn't have to respond or even read teh resulting comments.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:39 pm

I'd be happy to set up a Q and A section if any coaches or media was interested in taking part in it. I can make all questions be approved by the coaches in order to keep it civil. If any coaches would like to register a new account, or use their old account, and take part, let me know. Thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:08 pm

I think you could do it like a
Sat. morning talk show. Have a few scripted ???'s and then open it up so the coach could preview the reader ???'s before they decided to answer.

Great advice coming from a guy who doesn't have to do any work.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:50 am

Wild Wolves wrote:I think you could do it like a
Sat. morning talk show. Have a few scripted ???'s and then open it up so the coach could preview the reader ???'s before they decided to answer.

Great advice coming from a guy who doesn't have to do any work.

I like the idea wild wolves great idea
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 pm

I'd be surprised if coaches really wanted to do something like that on here but I could be totally wrong about that to.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Don't quote me on this because a friend told me about it and I have never verified.

An NAIA site records Sports interviews with coaches and has them on thier site.

Maybe it would add some insight to have it available to listeners/readers who couldn't get it live. I have a tough time getting radio programs.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby hp fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:54 pm

I think that would be really cool. I know of some past and present coaches that wander around on the site. I think that would be fun to be able to interact with the coach and get some of his/her persepectives. My only worry would be the "inconsiderate" poster that would go on about refs, players, playing time, etc. It would definately have to be monitored.
hp fan

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:07 pm

Like I said, any coaches that would be interested in answering some questions only has to let me know. I can set it up and make all the questions approved by moderators before they are made visible. I'd even set up a special Q&A forum.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby soccoach » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:20 pm

I would do it.
soccoach

Return to Hot Topics