BEST ALL-AROUND ATHLETE IN NORTH DAKOTA?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: BEST ALL-AROUND ATHLETE IN NORTH DAKOTA?

Postby soykevinendall » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 pm

wentz was an all conference defensemen as a sophomore. don't hate on him because he tore his acl then came back like 5 or 6 months later to play baseball. that's a tough comeback. there was no point for wentz to play hockey this year. he had already committed to ndsu for baseball and football.

trust me, it really pained him to sit out hockey this year, but it was the right thing to do because what if he gets hurt? then no baseball. and hockey is his 3rd favorite sport that he plays.

elgie is good i won't deny that. but it seems like everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. what does he do at state bball? shoot 10-32 then goes on a profanity laced tirade personally addressed to a referee. i have been flipped off many a time by elgie during bball when he is "wiping sweat from his face." Deleted rumor

wentz had better all around football stats than elgie. i was very confused when the awards were handed out. i believe that wentz won west region player of the year but elgie won senior athlete of the year. don't know how the two awards can go to two different players.

both are good baseball players as well. elgie is going to kansas mostly because he went on a HR hitting spree last summer or whatever(and because he is good). wentz is a very good hitter and pitcher. elgie hits for more power than wentz, but wentz is a better all around player i would say, by being a top 3 pitcher in the state plus hiting nearly .600

they are both VERY good athletes. it is tough to tell the better one.
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MHSfan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:55 pm

soykevinendall wrote:wentz was an all conference defensemen as a sophomore. don't hate on him because he tore his acl then came back like 5 or 6 months later to play baseball. that's a tough comeback. there was no point for wentz to play hockey this year. he had already committed to ndsu for baseball and football.

trust me, it really pained him to sit out hockey this year, but it was the right thing to do because what if he gets hurt? then no baseball. and hockey is his 3rd favorite sport that he plays.

elgie is good i won't deny that. but it seems like everyone thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. what does he do at state bball? shoot 10-32 then goes on a profanity laced tirade personally addressed to a referee. i have been flipped off many a time by elgie during bball when he is "wiping sweat from his face." Deleted rumor

wentz had better all around football stats than elgie. i was very confused when the awards were handed out. i believe that wentz won west region player of the year but elgie won senior athlete of the year. don't know how the two awards can go to two different players.

both are good baseball players as well. elgie is going to kansas mostly because he went on a HR hitting spree last summer or whatever(and because he is good). wentz is a very good hitter and pitcher. elgie hits for more power than wentz, but wentz is a better all around player i would say, by being a top 3 pitcher in the state plus hiting nearly .600

they are both VERY good athletes. it is tough to tell the better one.

First off, would you tell me when he went on this profanity triade? Also, I know Zac personally and why would he flip you off on the bench? That makes no sense. Also, Zac ELGIE won west region senior athlete of the year, not wentz and josh horner won Senior Athlete of the Year. Get your facts right before you start bashing. I know it's your own opinion but you need to get some credibility in your posts.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D-Pain » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:22 pm

janobilly20 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:zach wentz

Yes but you are forgetting that Elgie is getting a scholarship to go to Kansas and Wentz is walking on at NDSU. They are both decent athletes though...

actually, no i am not forgetting about that. you are forgetting that wentz is trying out both baseball and football, and he is better in both

No, im not forgetting about that either. Elgie was the west region football player of the year and is a great basketball player, not to mention his best sport...Baseball. No offense to wentz, but what did he do this winter? Oh yeah....NOTHING! This is a thread about athletes and not people who pick and choose when they want to play. Try to keep your Century jaundice point of view away from ND preps. Thx.

uhh he only lifted, look at wentz' football stats to elgies....they're twice as better if not more. and i believe in baseball the other day, wentz' struck out elgie twice...good way to prepare for kansas, and the only reason wentz didnt play hockey like he did his sophomore year is so he doesnt injure is ACL again. why not concentrate on the sports he's going to do and not risk injury? plus wentz doesnt cry and whine like elgie does in every game he plays, hes an athlete that respects his opponents and is classy. so try to keep your minot jaundice point of view away from ND preps.

You know what? Youre right!! Zach Wentz is the best athlete to ever come out of Century High School and is at least twice the athlete Elgie is. What was I thinking? My consiquent opinion of Minots golden boy is legitimate, but the performances of Z.W. in both football and baseball to Elgies is hebetudinous. Thank you for opening my unperceptive eyes to see the light! You Century people posses more intellect toward high school athletics than I had ever given you credit for. How Elgie, or any other high school athlete this year is even compared with thee Zach Wentz is far beyond my comprehension. P.S. I hate the Spurs and Bruce Bowen! Go Celtics! and the cowboys too!
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:25 pm

this isn't very mature. Topic locked
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics