Private Schools Shouldn't be Class B!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:47 pm

The Schwab wrote:Alright....I know that i got a little bit carried away with my list....but i'm sick and tired of saying that Class A would crush Class B......But two of those teams on my list are legit....1996 and 1997 MPCG Patriots IMO were the greatest bball team to ever come out of ND A or B.....and yes they did beat Shanley in the Shanley Holiday Tourney.....and if i'm not mistaken it was pretty convincing.........and that team started all 5 guys 6'5 or taller.....a team like that only comes arround once in a great while in the history of ND.....so I wish that all of the people who bash class b would just lay off........

you can be sick and tired of it but it is true there are class a jv teams i think could go to state in class b

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 pm

cdub1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:Alright....I know that i got a little bit carried away with my list....but i'm sick and tired of saying that Class A would crush Class B......But two of those teams on my list are legit....1996 and 1997 MPCG Patriots IMO were the greatest bball team to ever come out of ND A or B.....and yes they did beat Shanley in the Shanley Holiday Tourney.....and if i'm not mistaken it was pretty convincing.........and that team started all 5 guys 6'5 or taller.....a team like that only comes arround once in a great while in the history of ND.....so I wish that all of the people who bash class b would just lay off........

you can be sick and tired of it but it is true there are class a jv teams i think could go to state in class b

ok now that is just dumb
propel23

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:56 pm

propel23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

ok now that is just dumb
actually it's not dumb......its SUPER dumb
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:02 pm

propel23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

ok now that is just dumb

no it really isnt willistons jv would have made state in class b because brent qvale would be unstoppable for example they would have beat shiloh who is going to state
Last edited by cdub1 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:27 pm

i hope my point has been made and seeing that noone is disagreeing i will take it i am agreed with

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:47 pm

i still dont agree with you but w/e thats my opinon b/c im sure shilioh could double down on him and who else does willistion's jv got........?exactly
propel23

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 pm

propel23 wrote:i still dont agree with you but w/e thats my opinon b/c im sure shilioh could double down on him and who else does willistion's jv got........?exactly

jordan braun taylor grunstard mike delorme they would crush shiloh qvale would have about 30 and i can think of other teams that could get to state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:53 pm

the fact that bismarcks jv won a class b tournament without their 3 best players kinda makes me think that class a jv in many cases is better than class b varsity teams that go to state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:02 pm

cdub1 wrote:the fact that bismarcks jv won a class b tournament without their 3 best players kinda makes me think that class a jv in many cases is better than class b varsity teams that go to state

what tournament? and what good teams did they play?
propel23

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:06 pm

propel23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:the fact that bismarcks jv won a class b tournament without their 3 best players kinda makes me think that class a jv in many cases is better than class b varsity teams that go to state

what tournament? and what good teams did they play?

some mclean tourney the championship game was against tlm not a great team by any means but malzer had 32 in a game against shiloh and i think 8 against bismarck

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:09 pm

a class A J.V would not go to state in class B....I cant even believe that this is a debate. And people say that some of the things I say are out there....hahaha....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:14 pm

The Schwab wrote:a class A J.V would not go to state in class B....I cant even believe that this is a debate. And people say that some of the things I say are out there....hahaha....

i cannot prove it because it cant happen becuz a doesnt play b but how would shiloh stop a 6 8 300 pounder? i think they would struggle to beat bismarcks jv also i am using shiloh because i have seen them play

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:17 pm

The Schwab wrote:a class A J.V would not go to state in class B....I cant even believe that this is a debate. And people say that some of the things I say are out there....hahaha....

thank you atleast now i know that im not the only one that thinks what that guy is saying is just dumb
propel23

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:20 pm

u can say it is dumb all you want but none of you give a reason besides it is class a jv i dont hear a reason y the b team would win

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:22 pm

cdub1 wrote:

i cannot prove it because it cant happen becuz a doesnt play b but how would shiloh stop a 6 8 300 pounder? i think they would struggle to beat bismarcks jv also i am using shiloh because i have seen them play

umm double team him and try to deny him the ball.....isnt that kind of obvious?
propel23

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pm

propel23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

umm double team him and try to deny him the ball.....isnt that kind of obvious?

kind of obvious but that wouldnt really work the kid is 6'8'' 300 shilohs tallest player is about 6'3'' then you add that friesen and dwyer are the only players who compare to braun and grunstad and i see an easy win for willistons jv

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pm

cdub1 wrote:u can say it is dumb all you want but none of you give a reason besides it is class a jv i dont hear a reason y the b team would win

what is your reason that an A team would win??
propel23

Postby threeball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:25 pm

i would say the top probably 3 jv teams this year could have had a chance of going to state in class b.

also you have to realize alot of class b teams are made up of 8th graders through seniors where as most jv teams are made up of mostly juniors some sophs and an occasional fresh. i think that could equal things out and give class a jv teams a good shot
Last edited by threeball on Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:25 pm

propel23 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:u can say it is dumb all you want but none of you give a reason besides it is class a jv i dont hear a reason y the b team would win

i am giving them using williston and shiloh

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDdominator » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:01 pm

[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
propel23 wrote:

yea that would be comparible if they were in the same area but they aren't so williston wouldn't even play them for state they'd be playing DT but yea some class A JV would be very competitive I wouldn't go as far as saying going to state but they'd be in the top 20 a class A JV plays in class b tourneys and rarely takes less than 3rd in the mandan holiday EVEN mandans JV has had a good run at it and mandan basketball has left something to be desired so that doesn't say very much for our class b we don't have the talent level and the coaching because the biggest difference in Class A to Class B is the talent then its the defense
NDdominator

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:05 pm

NDdominator wrote:[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
propel23 wrote:

what is your reason that an?A team?would win??

yea that would be comparible if they were in the same area but they aren't so williston wouldn't even play them for state they'd be playing DT but yea some class A JV would be very competitive I wouldn't go as far as saying going to state but they'd be in the top 20 a class A JV plays in class b tourneys and rarely takes less than 3rd in the mandan holiday EVEN mandans JV has had a good run at it and mandan basketball has left something to be desired so that doesn't say very much for our class b we don't have the talent level and the coaching because the biggest difference in Class A to Class B is the talent then its the defense

robbie morey plays varsity as a freshman at trinity kids from his traveling team play freshman sophomore and jv i think it shows the similarity in skill level between a jv and b varsity

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:58 pm

SCC wrote:This is a stupid argument, but let me add to it.  If Williston's JV were to be in a Class B state tournament, they would have to win their region.  Their region would include Parshall and Watford City.  Who would win that?  Shiloh is not in region 8...they're in region 5.

i wouldnt say its a stupid argument but a pointless one and i have no idea who would win that but if we are going to go by region then i think bismarcks jv would win region 5 i am using teams i have seen play i havent seen parshall or watford actually play as their team only individual players

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:49 pm

ok heres some food for thought guys... bismarck highs SOPHMORE team lost to dakota oyate by 3 points.. a team that i know went very far in the region tourney and i think accually may have beat shiloh in district??? ( i heard that somewhere) but yeah i know that bismarck's JV team would totally anialate there sophmore team... and another thing... correct me if i am wrong but most class B teams play a zone right???? i believe bismarck's sophmores beat napolion last year by like 40 when they sat in a zone the hole game... i dont think napolion is goin to state this year but they got close..
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby smart source » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:59 am

the reason that a class a jv such as the bismarcks and minot and williston type would do well in class b is for the simple fact that 95% of class b players have never seen the defense that class a teams would throw at them...they dont see the aggressive man to mand and traps that class a runs and for that reason class a teams would dominate class b teams nuff said
smart source

Postby Carl08 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:03 pm

Class A JV teams would beat many class B teams just becuase they get to play against better competition everyday. They practice against their varsity players in practice that are just in another league than most Class B schools.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics