Dickinson top high school according to Sports Illustrated

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:17 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/highschool/06/19/top.state/index.html

SI has Dickinson as the top high school sports program in ND
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:56 pm

i agree with that... then bismarck in a close second
ndsubisonfan

Postby feeshattack » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:59 pm

not only  does Dickinson easily get that... but Dickinson High dominated class A and Trinity dominated class B... i would say together as a whole, that Dickinson puts out the athletes... congrats DHS
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:13 pm

[user=1918]feeshattack[/user] wrote:
not only  does Dickinson easily get that... but Dickinson High dominated class A and Trinity dominated class B... i would say together as a whole, that Dickinson puts out the athletes... congrats DHS

What sports did they dominate in this year? State Champions in boys basketball & ?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby brownbomber » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:19 pm

baseball, gymnastics and volleyball
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:36 am

Dickinson defiantely deserves the award after all of their state championships and thats a great point with Dickinson Trinity also excelling in their athletic program.

But why does Dickinson do so well when they have a significantly smaller enrollment than say Bismarck, Minot, and the Grand Forks and Fargo Schools?
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:22 am

Number7 wrote:Dickinson defiantely deserves the award after all of their state championships and thats a great point with Dickinson Trinity also excelling in their athletic program.

But why does Dickinson do so well when they have a significantly smaller enrollment than say Bismarck, Minot, and the Grand Forks and Fargo Schools?

everybody has their years...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby da_man 23 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:02 am

Number7 wrote:Dickinson defiantely deserves the award after all of their state championships and thats a great point with Dickinson Trinity also excelling in their athletic program.

The talent that came outta DHS this year, will never be seen again in the upcoming years of that city....this year's class was in a league of their own among Dickinson High School record books and talent!
da_man 23

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:25 pm

I'm not gonna deny that that class was talented but those teams were not only made up of seniors
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:07 pm

da_man 23 wrote:

The talent that came outta DHS this year, will never be seen again in the upcoming years of that city....this year's class was in a league of their own among Dickinson High School record books and talent!

i think next years freshman class will rival it hanstad will be like kick but idk about who will compare to fridley

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:42 am

If Bis/fargo/gf all had 1 "A" high school and 1 class "B" school i feel it might have been different but congrats
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Dickinson top high school according to Sports Illustrated

Postby SnuggleMuffin » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:06 am

Ummm DHS has alot of athletes lined up...
This year there basketball program will be down..
Buttt..Next year. can you say Joe Hanstead?
That kid is gonna be way bigger then dufault and kick put together
SnuggleMuffin

Re:

Postby riders » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:16 am

Ming01 wrote:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/highschool/06/19/top.state/index.html

SI has Dickinson as the top high school sports program in ND

Michael Cuddyer's official favorite HS mascot..direct quote from him-"IT SEEMS LIKE THEY'RE STATE CHAMPS IN EVERYTHING."
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby letsgosox » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Saucesauer wrote:If Bis/fargo/gf all had 1 "A" high school and 1 class "B" school i feel it might have been different but congrats

the cities you just mentioned are all at least twice the size of dickinson.
letsgosox

Re: Re:

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:47 pm

letsgosox wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:If Bis/fargo/gf all had 1 "A" high school and 1 class "B" school i feel it might have been different but congrats

the cities you just mentioned are all at least twice the size of dickinson.

more than that even
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Re:

Postby riders » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:02 pm

[/quote]i think next years freshman class will rival it hanstad will be like kick but idk about who will compare to fridley[/quote]

jarl abrahamson or tim kessel are great ballhandlers and are both fast. they can score, pass, and will be great help with hanstad and emmerich..defense will be a problem for them because of the size mismatches that come with kielpinski and qvale but i think thats the story with pretty much every team. not to get completely off topic or anything:)
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:19 pm

I have to disagree with SI. I think BHS has hands down the top athletics. Very good in every sport.
demon_fan14

Postby Jefferson Clark » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 am

BHS probly is better but look at the size of the town and the number of athletes they have in sports and they did win 4 seperate state titles when they made that pick in SI so i think that played a factor
Jefferson Clark

Postby riders » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:40 am

Jefferson Clark wrote:BHS probly is better but look at the size of the town and the number of athletes they have in sports and they did win 4 seperate state titles when they made that pick in SI so i think that played a factor

5 state titles if you count the gymnastics co-op with trinity
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jefferson Clark » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:53 am

by my watch its 4 pal. volleyball gymnastics basketball and baseball. am i really missing anything or cant you count?
Jefferson Clark

Postby riders » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm

my bad...i counted the science bowl as one..my apologies "voice of the roughriders"...if you actually were lee leiss you would have known who ridgeley kraft is.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jefferson Clark » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:19 am

no one knows who ridgeley kraft is because he is not an athlete that should be mentioned at the top of the list in any sport in this state and i dont know him because im to busy flyin around on my gold wing and setting up my pop up camper in ballpark parking lots or at campgrounds
Jefferson Clark

Postby billy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:27 am

if you were lee leiss you would know who Ridgeley Kraft is because Ridgeley Kraft and Lee Leiss are pesonal friends.... and i'm pretty sure he would never talk down one of the best overall athletes to come out of Dickinson in recent years. Change your name, all you're doing is creating an untruthful lie about one of the best known radio personalities in the state.
billy

Postby Jefferson Clark » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:32 am

first of all no one ever said i was lee leiss. my name is jefferson clark. second of all why dont you and riders stick to the subject instead of trying to attack me. third of all its an untruthful lie to say kraft is one of the best overall athletes out of dickinson, the kid hardly played 3 minutes a game in basketball track he never is a top placer or get his name in the paper and football he had a good year last season but he was MIA this season. so either quit talking yourself up or dont give your friend a bad name
Jefferson Clark

Postby billy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:40 am

the thing is Jefferson Clark is a trademark name of Lee Leiss and to tell you the truth you probably have never been to a class A track meet because Ridgeley Kraft places in at least one jump in every meet he goes to not to mention if he does run a relay they almost win it. At the WDA indoor he almost ran down a Bismarck high runner is the 4x2 relay when they were down nearly 3 or 4 seconds when he got the hand off. Don't even feed us your crap because you think you are cool and are trying to diss people you know nothing about. He had an amazing year in football last year and if you would have even heard of a Dickinson football game this last season you would have known he had a severe sprain and fracture in his ankle and he still played on it. He would have been a first team all state linebacker had he not had that injury. The last two seasons he has been suffering from many aches and pains due to his lifting schedule in which he trains right through games. I could keep going but i believe i proved my point. Grow up...
billy

Next

Return to Hot Topics