recruiting

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bisonslayer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:03 pm

baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
fbinnd wrote:Exactly, they transfer when they are younger.  Gosh, I remember a guy that looked alot like me and sounded alot like me suggesting that parochials recruit the young kids that have promise so their recruiting goes undected.

Thanks for proving me right, baller01.

yea of course every one knows they recruit the 5th/6th graders to play high school ball 4 years later.....

Actually thats about the age where you can tell if someone has potential. 

actually....thats about the age you can tell who hit puberty earlier.  some kids are good their own life but then again more then half the studs in elemenetary developed/matured sooner

Yay and Nay..If you ever watch a elementary game, you can see who has good fundamentals. Maybe I am the only one that can see this? Maybe I should be a scout for trinity.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:12 am

bisonslayer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
fbinnd wrote:Exactly, they transfer when they are younger.  Gosh, I remember a guy that looked alot like me and sounded alot like me suggesting that parochials recruit the young kids that have promise so their recruiting goes undected.

Why didn't Marcus Fridley go to Dickinson Trinity I would say that every year before he started high school he was the best player in the state in that age group so why wasn't he there???

Your grammar is coming along nicely. fbinnd's intelligence is finally starting to rub off on you.

im not going to bash fbinnd or anything but seeing that i have had no conversations with you at all why would you feel the need to bash me?  hahaha i can talk very nice if i am in no hurry and currently i am in no hurry but can someone answer the question

why didnt fridley go to trinity?

He wasn't given a scholarship:P.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbinnd » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:21 am

Now thats funny!  They must have been a little short in the offering plate when he made his "campus visit".
fbinnd

Postby baller01 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 am

baller01 wrote:

How come everytime someone transfers to a private school it's because of athletics??? Maybe that little 8 year old is being sent to a private school because he/she had and older brother/sister at this public school and his/her parents were sick of the school system. There you go assuming again that just because a child transfers to a school, it's recruiting.

I've been to younger traveling tournaments (mine and my brothers) for the last 8 years. How come there aren't private school coaches there? You make it sound like all these private school coaches go around drooling over the 5'11" 5th grader.

But FBINND, since you are SOOOO convinced that private schools bring in these studs at a young age. Prove one to me. Elementary basketball starts at the 5th grade level I believe. I know there are traveling tournaments for 4th graders out there. So if you can find me a stud athlete that went to a private school such as Vetter of Ryan this year or maybe Glasser from Trinity from a couple years ago, that started out elementary and middle school at a public school and then transfered to a private school. You might have a case.

My last point. WHY DO YOU THINK PRIVATE SCHOOLS WIN BECAUSE OF STUDLY RECRUITS WHEN 2 of the 3 TEAMS THIS YEAR AT STATE DIDN'T EVEN REALLY HAVE ONE!!! Don't get me wrong, Friesen and Rising were both great players. But they were the only 2, on both teams, that were above average talent players. Trinity had a bunch of average talent players who play great defense, have a great coach, and know how to win. Shiloh had a bunch of young sophomores, a great coach, and played real well towards the end of the year. Oh ya, they also know how to win.
Must have been a slow recruiting year that year huh FBIIND?

Hey FBIIND...Let's stay on task and answer my above question. I love how the things you have no comeback for you ignore.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:42 am

fbinnd wrote:Now thats funny!  They must have been a little short in the offering plate when he made his "campus visit".

why would they have been short who would have been better than fridley during his freshman year that was at trinity?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:43 pm

cdub1 wrote:
fbinnd wrote:Now thats funny!  They must have been a little short in the offering plate when he made his "campus visit".

why would they have been short who would have been better than fridley during his freshman year that was at trinity?
Chad Glasser was costing them to much.  But seriously fbinnd what  evidence do you have.  Stop with all the ACCUSATIONS!!!!!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonslayer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:28 pm

He's from the southeastern part of the state and no one likes Trinity there...In 2004 at the Fargo Dome during the championship Milnor vs Trinity, people started a chant CLASS A REJECTS!!!! CLASS A REJECTS!!! yeah you guessed it...... it was awesome lol.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:02 pm

bisonslayer wrote:He's from the southeastern part of the state and no one likes Trinity there...In 2004 at the Fargo Dome during the championship Milnor vs Trinity, people started a chant CLASS A REJECTS!!!! CLASS A REJECTS!!! yeah you guessed it...... it was awesome lol.

I'd also get mad if I was getting it handed to me by 30 in the biggest game of the season
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:

yea of course every one knows they recruit the 5th/6th graders to play high school ball 4 years later.....

actually....thats about the age you can tell who hit puberty earlier.  some kids are good their own life but then again more then half the studs in elemenetary developed/matured sooner

Yay and Nay..If you ever watch a elementary game, you can see who has good fundamentals. Maybe I am the only one that can see this? Maybe I should be a scout for trinity.

ha ha wow are you serious there are tons of 5th/6th grade studs in just bismarck mandan not all pan out and some come from out of nowhere I can even think of 10 players as a 7th grader I thought were going to be really good just from traveling ball and none of them played HS but were studs in 7th and 8th grade
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:

ha ha wow are you serious there are tons of 5th/6th grade studs in just bismarck mandan not all pan out and some come from out of nowhere I can even think of 10 players as a 7th grader I thought were going to be really good just from traveling ball and none of them played HS but were studs in 7th and 8th grade

Well yea thats true in bigger towns 4 sure...but I was meaning in real small town basketball. Kids usually keep playing because they will actually have a chance 2 play rather then have the risk of being cut.

In small towns when theres studs in 7th and 8th, yeah they usually pan out. (reference- Kyle Carr, Mark Bakkum and plenty more household names)
Last edited by bisonslayer on Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:42 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:

the best example for me is James Klunt of Shiloh, he was a good high school player but because he was 5'9" he was overshadowed by Bachmier and Bearstail and opp.  in elementary school he was the same size but everyone else was a close to a foot shorter and weaker so he could do what he want.  as he got older and the kids got bigger he saw more and more time on the bench even though his skills stayed the same
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:25 am

bisonslayer wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:

Well yea thats true in bigger towns 4 sure...but I was meaning in real small town basketball. Kids usually keep playing because they will actually have a chance 2 play rather then have the risk of being cut.

In small towns when theres studs in 7th and 8th, yeah they usually pan out. (reference- Kyle Carr, Mark Bakkum and plenty more household names)

which is even more of a ridiculous statement saying that parachiols recruit at jr. high and grade school what stud transfers just for basketball.  Because in his small town hes probably the talk at bars and diners for years to come and I can't think of a single one transfering. 
Last edited by BBall dominator on Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:27 am

baseball wrote:
BBall dominator wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:
bisonslayer wrote:
baseball wrote:

the best example for me is James Klunt of Shiloh, he was a good high school player but because he was 5'9" he was overshadowed by Bachmier and Bearstail and opp.  in elementary school he was the same size but everyone else was a close to a foot shorter and weaker so he could do what he want.  as he got older and the kids got bigger he saw more and more time on the bench even though his skills stayed the same

ha ha yea he was a blackhole though you weren't getting it back when he touched it which is a good reason he rode the bench but also he didn't get any better or bigger since he was like 13
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:23 pm

Why do people just pick at the private schools region 5 has two Native american teams and it seems there players just hop back and forth for the past coupe of years to make a better team from year to year and I've also noticed it happens on other reservations also
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:09 am

It's called being JEALOUS...No one is accusing public or private schools that don't dominate of recruiting.  The people who accuse schools of recruiting are the type that always have to point fingers or have someone to blame when things don't go the way THEY want them to.....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball4life » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:53 pm

scruffy wrote:It's called being JEALOUS...No one is accusing public or private schools that don't dominate of recruiting.  The people who accuse schools of recruiting are the type that always have to point fingers or have someone to blame when things don't go the way THEY want them to.....

Scruffy i agree with you 100%... nicely said
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball4life » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:30 pm

And a hush falls over the crowd. nice!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:25 pm

baseball4life wrote:And a hush falls over the crowd. nice!

wut is there to say in this topic?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:46 pm

BBall dominator wrote:Why do people just pick at the private schools region 5 has two Native american teams and it seems there players just hop back and forth for the past coupe of years to make a better team from year to year and I've also noticed it happens on other reservations also

i don't think it is just private schools. Look at how many south fargo kids are on the north boys basketall team this year. May, Savy and a few others.
dgfsuperfan1

Re: recruiting

Postby EDC » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:10 pm

And if it is true that May went from South to North and then tried to get back to South this year I think that is pretty sad.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:14 pm

I am pretty sure May didn't try to go back, or he would have most likely been allowed to. He did go from South to North, but that was two or three years ago. There is also no recruiting going on in the Fargo area that I have ever heard of. Some of the players start at North and go to South and some do the opposite, but you must realize others students in the area do the same.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:14 am

2 examples in girls vb.....

vagsness from South transferred to Oak Grove her senior year
holaday from WF transferred to Oak Grove her senior year

neither got to state like they thought they would
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:59 pm

Overall I believe most parents just want a school were their kids will do well and learn, and have other reasons than sports to send their kids to Oak Grove or Shanley.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Number7 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 pm

well from what I know... holaday went to oak grove for more playing time
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:01 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:2 examples in girls vb.....

vagsness from South transferred to Oak Grove her senior year
holaday from WF transferred to Oak Grove her senior year

neither got to state like they thought they would

Who is vagsness?? was this this year??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics