recruiting

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby teamball » Tue May 22, 2007 5:04 pm

Hey fbinnd don't get rattled. I have a question. If Trinity only went to the state B 2 times in the last 7 years would these conversations be taking place? 
teamball

Postby baller01 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Haha wow...the joy this site brings to my face. I think it is clear that FBIIND no longer has any agruements and once again has to refer to Trinity "recruiting" because he has nothing else to go on.

And to answer the above question. No. It wouldn't.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue May 22, 2007 5:17 pm

fbinnd wrote:Hey CDUB, why don't shut the heck up.  Stop telling people what to do on here.  I've already answered enough questions from Baller01, and he doesn't answer any of mine.

You want to know why Beach shouldn't play Trinity.  Because Trinity recruits.  With the amount of recruiting Trinity does, they should play Dickinson State.  I'm sure they have the same number of junior college transfers.

all of trinity's athletes have been in the catholic school system their whole lives...how is that recruiting?
project-pat

Postby fbinnd » Tue May 22, 2007 5:39 pm

The 3-class system has been talked about for years, and the first time I heard of recruiting was in the mid-90's, well before Trinity's 7 year run.

So, to answer the first legit question I've been asked on this site, yes, the conversations would be taking place.  The internet, and subsequently, this site, has allowed for a much greater conversation on ND athletics to take place. 

Baller01 and CDUB, you both are nothing but spin doctors.  We all know waht goes on behind the scenes with the parochial schools.  Deny it all you want, talk like gangster thugs all you want, and parade as many crosses by your signature line all you want, you two are both just toeing the party line.  You're exposed for the whole world to see.  I'll go one on five and not lose this one, because when the truth is on your side, you're impossible to beat.  But I'm sure the sky is a pretty color in your world.
fbinnd

Postby cdub1 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 pm

fbinnd wrote:The 3-class system has been talked about for years, and the first time I heard of recruiting was in the mid-90's, well before Trinity's 7 year run.

So, to answer the first legit question I've been asked on this site, yes, the conversations would be taking place.  The internet, and subsequently, this site, has allowed for a much greater conversation on ND athletics to take place. 

Baller01 and CDUB, you both are nothing but spin doctors.  We all know waht goes on behind the scenes with the parochial schools.  Deny it all you want, talk like gangster thugs all you want, and parade as many crosses by your signature line all you want, you two are both just toeing the party line.  You're exposed for the whole world to see.  I'll go one on five and not lose this one, because when the truth is on your side, you're impossible to beat.  But I'm sure the sky is a pretty color in your world.

what exactly would this be that goes on behind the lines

i dont talk like a gangster thug at all i talk like who i am and im not in a gang nice generalization of the black community, lets see you go to east side compton and rant

the truth is on our side YOU say trinity recruits you have NO PROOF

as i look outside the sky is black and black is a good color imo

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue May 22, 2007 5:47 pm

Wait, I think fbinnd is right...I did see Grinsteinner scouting a baptism the other day...
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:51 pm

i think we did the impossible fbinnd doesnt have a comeback for once he mite actually be gone

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HeisAlive » Wed May 23, 2007 5:30 am

A new spin on this topic...

What do ya'll think about the schools combining to make a powerhouse.  I see allot of A-B-C schools in the class B tourney then just a one name school.  Nothing against NR-Sheyenne,  but they do turn out team after team, that will win some big ones.  This enlarges a school choice for players.  Just a thought, what ya think!!
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Wed May 23, 2007 6:00 am

It's more legal than recruiting players.  I guess they are scouting baptisms now.  Better than live births like it was 20 years ago.  I'm surprised the parochials haven't turned to threatened excommunications to compel people to play "In Jesus Name".
fbinnd

Postby baller01 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:19 am

You can keep referring to my avatar and private schools all you want. It doesn't matter to me. I go to a public school and am a strong Christian. I want everyone to know that I am proud of my faith and am not embarrassed to show it. I am nothing without Him, therefore I play for him.

You are saying all private schools recruit because you have one case of recruiting in the mid  90's. And off of that you are stereotyping all the private schools saying they recruit.

You are also being very racist towards CDUB and it is startin to bother me. The way he wants to type/talk is his way and he can do whatever he wants. I will admit, at times it is hard to read, but I'm not going to tell him he's a thug and from East Compton because of how he types.

You say that in the mid 90's you know someone that was recruited from Minnesota to play at a private school. Say he played at Oak Grove,  who gives you the power to say that Shiloh, or Trinity, or Ryan recruit because of this. Maybe he went to Trinity, who are you to say that Ryan, or Oak Grove, or Shiloh recruit because of this.

The facts are...All of Trinity's athletes have been in that school since Kindergarten. Does Trinity try to bring in kids from Dickinson to come to their school? Of course, they have a budget that needs to be payed for. Does Trinity go about the state asking the top preps from each region to come play for them? No. Does Trinity bring in the top preps from Minnesota/South Dakota/Montana? NO! Does Trinity have one of the finest coaching staffs in the state? Yes. Does Trinity know how to win? Yes. Do they have an advantage of being located in a big city? Yes. And I think everyone will admit it. Just because they are located in a big city does that mean all the wins are just given to them? NO! They put in the same blood, sweat, and tears as every other public school in the state. If a public school would have made it to state 7 years in a row, that school would be the biggest sports dynasty in ND history.

That right there are the facts.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbinnd » Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 am

You're wrong.  Public schools can make it to state 7 years in a row and not be the biggest dynasty ever.  How many years in a row has South been to state?  Any respect there?  Sure, but not as much as a B school. 

Getting to state is supposed to be the pinnacle of B basketball.  But few in the state have respect for Trinity getting there that many times.  It's simple.  Trinity has an image problem, as do all the parochials, and there has to be a reason.  The reason is recruiting, period.  You can claim Trinity doesn't recruit, and even if they don't, Trinity will suffer because of its associations.  If the others recruit, Trinity will be lumped in, and fairly so.  They still live on being in a big town playing small town basketball, and it's wrecking B basketball. 

But we all know that there's recruiting going on.  If all the kids that are there now were there as kindergarteners, that doesn't prove Trinity doesn't recruit.  It just proves they're not very good at it.
fbinnd

Postby Baller » Wed May 23, 2007 7:48 am

fbinnd wrote:You're wrong.  Public schools can make it to state 7 years in a row and not be the biggest dynasty ever.  How many years in a row has South been to state?  Any respect there?  Sure, but not as much as a B school. 

Getting to state is supposed to be the pinnacle of B basketball.  But few in the state have respect for Trinity getting there that many times.  It's simple.  Trinity has an image problem, as do all the parochials, and there has to be a reason.  The reason is recruiting, period.  You can claim Trinity doesn't recruit, and even if they don't, Trinity will suffer because of its associations.  If the others recruit, Trinity will be lumped in, and fairly so.  They still live on being in a big town playing small town basketball, and it's wrecking B basketball. 

But we all know that there's recruiting going on.  If all the kids that are there now were there as kindergarteners, that doesn't prove Trinity doesn't recruit.  It just proves they're not very good at it.
The more you talk, the less respect I have you.  And I am not some high school kid.  I am an adult that just shakes my head everytime you spew something onto the computer screen.  Come with facts other than you know some unnamed kid that went to an unnamed school in the mid 90's.  Don't stereotype all parochials because you have one story of recruiting.  I am employed by a public school, but my kids will go to a parochial school.  Why??  Smaller class sizes, good reputation, great parent involvement, and faith education.  And no, my unborn children have not been recruited, but yes, my priest does encourage us to send our kids to his school.  That is not recruiting any more than my collegues giving me a hard time about not putting my children through the district that I am employed in.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:55 am

Baller wrote:
fbinnd wrote:You're wrong.  Public schools can make it to state 7 years in a row and not be the biggest dynasty ever.  How many years in a row has South been to state?  Any respect there?  Sure, but not as much as a B school. 

The more you talk, the less respect I have you.  And I am not some high school kid.  I am an adult that just shakes my head everytime you spew something onto the computer screen.  Come with facts other than you know some unnamed kid that went to an unnamed school in the mid 90's.  Don't stereotype all parochials because you have one story of recruiting.  I am employed by a public school, but my kids will go to a parochial school.  Why??  Smaller class sizes, good reputation, great parent involvement, and faith education.  And no, my unborn children have not been recruited, but yes, my priest does encourage us to send our kids to his school.  That is not recruiting any more than my collegues giving me a hard time about not putting my children through the district that I am employed in.

Thank you Baller. However, you are now a thug like CDUB and myself in the eyes of FBIIND.

Why don't people respect Trininty? It's quite simple. Jealously. This world is full of envy. People always jealous of what others have. Jealous people will not admit to the world that Trinity is good at athletics. Not just basketball. People will pull out every excuse in the book before they give any repsect to Trinity. You don't have to like Trinity. But respect them for what they have done. Don't try to take everything away from them by saying they recruit.

"Give credit where credit is due."
Last edited by baller01 on Wed May 23, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed May 23, 2007 8:35 am

Trinity has an image problem because of people like you, jealous people who have nothing better to do than make up lies and accusations to make up for their own school's lack of skill. Maybe some of you people should take less time doing this and take more time into improving your game, and who knows, you might beat them a time or two.
project-pat

Postby fbinnd » Wed May 23, 2007 8:58 am

YES!  The wagons are circling, the wagons are circling.  It's great to see parochials unite to protect the image they play fair.  They don't, but they want us to think they do. 

Your unborn children haven't been recruited?  Well, you shouldn't have said that.  Someone will figure out who you are, and when they do, they'll have the paperwork ready to go.  Get ready to pick a side, because your very eternal soul could depend on where unborn Johnny drops 20. 

I could really care less who has respect for me on this board.  I come with the truth, not some grand fantasy where all can be justified by the idea of "faith-based education".  To cheat in high school basketball in the name of a religion that I am also a part of is an insult to me and every other Christian on this planet.
fbinnd

Postby baller01 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:00 am

FBIIND, I have an honest question for you...

Were you not hugged enough when you were a child?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed May 23, 2007 9:13 am

so if all the kids are there since kindergarten, and they all stay their whole life thye are bad at recruiting? that statement would mean every school in the state recruits, but you make it sound like ONLY trinity recruits.  if having kids stay their whole life means you are bad at recruiting, but if some kid moves from killdeer to mayville for example, its not recruiting because they arent a private school?

and if they do recruit, but that kid doesnt play.....what are you complaining about?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby fbinnd » Wed May 23, 2007 9:54 am

I'm not saying all schools recruit.  I'm saying all parochials recruit.

And Baller01, I appreciate your deep-felt concern for my well being.  Please understand that I am sufficiently adjusted and living a productive and happy life.
fbinnd

Postby boysbballfan » Wed May 23, 2007 11:15 am

fbinnd wrote:I'm not saying all schools recruit.  I'm saying all parochials recruit.

And Baller01, I appreciate your deep-felt concern for my well being.  Please understand that I am sufficiently adjusted and living a productive and happy life.

So you are saying that if an athlete transfers from a public school to a parochial school it's recruiting, but if they transfer to another public school its not recruiting? So I guess if you didn't go to a private school since kindergarden you can't go to a private high school cause thats recruiting.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby boysbballfan » Wed May 23, 2007 11:15 am

fbinnd wrote:I'm not saying all schools recruit.  I'm saying all parochials recruit.

So you are saying that if an athlete transfers from a public school to a parochial school it's recruiting, but if they transfer to another public school its not recruiting? So I guess if you didn't go to a private school since kindergarden you can't go to a private high school cause thats recruiting.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:32 am

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT WHEN YOU SAY YOU ONLY HAVE FACTS OF ONE RECRUITMENT BY A PRIVATE SCHOOL IN THE MID 90'S!!!!

That is being completely stereotypical. That is like saying some Black guy shot someone in the mid-90's so all Blacks are murders, or some White guy raped someone in the mid-90's so all Whites are rapists, or some Indian committed suicide in the mid-90's so all Indians are suicidal.

We don't even have proof that there was a recruitment in the mid-90's. We are just believeing you when you say that. But even if there was ONE case in the mid-90's, it is unjust to say all privates recruit.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Wed May 23, 2007 2:44 pm

Its disappointing that FBINND really honestly thinks hes making points and telling us all something new. How mature do you have to be to be attacking someone on the internet c'mon man grow up were debating here give an good argument. Are you not confident in your argument that bad that you have to attack people on the site?? give facts and not false accusations. You lose respect by acting the way you do. Do you even have friends besides your parents?? really it was fun debating w/ you for awhile but now your just getting dumber and dumber by the post.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Wed May 23, 2007 3:32 pm

When people misquote me and spin the stuff I say, I get a little frisky.  And examine the argument given by the Baller01 contingent.  Here is a list of the oxymoronic claims they have made in this thread so far:

Parochials don't recruit, but they do try to get kids to go to their school.

Trinity is the greatest dynasty in ND sports, but they shouldn't be up a class.

Everyone loves the underdog in B, but Trinity going to state 7 times in a row is good for B fans.

Trinity can win with tenacious defense, but the shotclock is not for them.

Hey, I didn't want to make this thread about Trinity.  Baller01 did that.  We started talking about transferring, and moved to recruiting.  Baller01 brought Trinity into the mess, or I would never have named them.  Why?  Because, contrary to popular belief, Trinity High School is not the has all-be all of human existance for everyone.  If Baller01 wants to drink the Kool-Aid and dance around burning haybales at Trinity as the greatest organization of all time, but honestly, they are not even on my radar.  A ball is much better than B ball, and A combined with our college teams in ND put Trinity way down the list of importance.  It seems that Baller01's greatest experience in life is high school basketball, and he worships it.  Good luck to you Baller01.  You know what The Boss said about glory days. 
fbinnd

Postby basketballer » Wed May 23, 2007 5:10 pm

fbinnd wrote:YES!  The wagons are circling, the wagons are circling.  It's great to see parochials unite to protect the image they play fair.  They don't, but they want us to think they do. 

Your unborn children haven't been recruited?  Well, you shouldn't have said that.  Someone will figure out who you are, and when they do, they'll have the paperwork ready to go.  Get ready to pick a side, because your very eternal soul could depend on where unborn Johnny drops 20. 

I could really care less who has respect for me on this board.  I come with the truth, not some grand fantasy where all can be justified by the idea of "faith-based education".  To cheat in high school basketball in the name of a religion that I am also a part of is an insult to me and every other Christian on this planet.

most of the people arguing you dont even go to parochial schools.....

and i think someone on another thread even went back for the last 7 yrs. of trinity's basketball team and proved none of them got recruited.

it is a sad thing the only recruit you can name was recruited 12 yrs. ago.

i am sorry but all your arguements are opinion...all of the people who have argued you have had facts...or at least they had someone who actually agrees with them.
Last edited by basketballer on Wed May 23, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby paperboy » Wed May 23, 2007 5:39 pm

fbinnd, I asked you this earlier, but not sure you replied...this is about recruiting; I'm curious as to what your definition of recruiting is?  To me, recruiting is coaches or representatives of a school, or anyone with the authority to represent a school, sitting down with a prospective student and his parents and offering financial assistance with the expectation that the student will in turn enroll in at that school.  Plain and simple, and this just doesn't happen as far as I know and I've been around a long time.  I had 12 years of Catholic confinement growing up so I know what the heck's going on.  Two of my kids were All State in basketball and darn it, they never got recruited.  And they should have, they would have been prime targets considering my background with the local parochial school.  Now, if you consider recruiting to be a parent (or even a coach) telling a kid that he's pretty good and should consider going to the local parochial school, well, that happens ALL the time but to me that's not recruiting as there is no financial aid being offered.  It's more like friendly coersion and nothing wrong with that.  Are you in agreement with this?
paperboy

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics