Grafton, Drayton and St. Thomas Co-op

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Unity77 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:04 pm

Officials from Grafton, Drayton and St. Thomas have met to discuss the possibilty of forming a sports co-op.  The necessity for a co-op stems from concerns that Drayton - St. Thomas will not be able to field teams in basketball, especially boys basketball. 

I'm not sure if this co-op would be for all sports.  If so, there will be both positives and negatives to having it.  Some positives to this would be more numbers for football, cross country, track, and other sports.  On the other hand, a co-op would mean Grafton moves back to Class A in basketball.

Current 9-12 enrollments (give or take a few students):
Grafton - 300
Drayton - 50
St. Thomas - 35
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd_sports_fan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:49 am

I thought it was just Grafton and St. Thomas thinking about co-oping and not Drayton. It wouldn't be a good thing if Grafton had to go back to class A.
nd_sports_fan

Re: Grafton, Drayton and St. Thomas Co-op

Postby Adam33 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:17 pm

they should do this dst has only 9 kids this year 3 freshman 2 sophmores 1 junior 3 seniors next year only brining up two kids u cant even practice with that many kids this needs to be done this is for boys basketball...........the girls team has 8 kids out and two of them are 8th graders
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 pm

Is there any other schools that DST could coop with? Valley? I know they coop wih Edinburg in bball, but they're with DST in fball and Edinburg is with Adams/Edmore. I just don't see how going to Grafton would be good for either school. It would move Grafton up a class more than likely and I'd think participation would decline for DST students because of competing with Grafton studetns.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Adam33 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:19 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Is there any other schools that DST could coop with? Valley? I know they coop wih Edinburg in bball, but they're with DST in fball and Edinburg is with Adams/Edmore. I just don't see how going to Grafton would be good for either school. It would move Grafton up a class more than likely and I'd think participation would decline for DST students because of competing with Grafton studetns.

i heard they were talking st thomas go with grafton and drayton go with north border is a possibilty..........we already we were once co-op with valley and it didnt work out well among the parent coaches faculty i think that is a last resort
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Adam33 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:14 pm

St thomas and Grafton have Co-op for next season both boys and girls 7-12
Adam33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby larrybird33 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:50 pm

If your enrollment numbers are accurate, a Grafton/Drayton/St. Thomas co-op would be just under the new class B cutoff line, which is 400.
larrybird33
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hot Topics