Best Chant???

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby dukefan32 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:52 pm

I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:56 pm

dukefan32 wrote:I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???

more ppl than just trinity do that, its a soccer chant anyway
project-pat

Postby shs01240 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:03 pm

The Shanley WHO'S SCHWANK!!!!!!
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Brady Langan » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:09 pm

In St. John we do the chop
Brady Langan

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 pm

project-pat wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???

more ppl than just trinity do that, its a soccer chant anyway

it is a soccer chant, but it sounds pretty cool to hear a gym filled with ppl doin it, i like the good ol' "you cant do that" after a travel or foul or something or one that kinda sticks it to the player thats kinda embarassing is "fundamentals"
klg_11

Postby rep » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:18 pm

i have been going back on forth on this one, and i don't know if it is offensive or not. personally i thought it was kind of clever, just because it was different. at one of the jimmie games this season, i think it was against dakota state or black hills...anyway, they have an asian player on their team...a 2 guard or maybe a small forward. so at one point the jamestown crowd starts chanting 'happy new year' because it was the chinese new year at that point in the season. different, if nothing else.

basically any cheer other than 'we've got spirit' i'm all for. that one wore on me more than any other this season in basketball.
rep

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:24 pm

I like the "You Got Swatted"... St. Mary's does it and I heard West Fargo chant it at state
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:40 am

Gregorian
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:57 am

I always liked the Wells Co. Bears chants "Wells County Bears *clap* Wells County Bears *clap*, ....." Simple and to the point

the Linton Lady Lions chant is a good one too.
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:23 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=74]Wild Wolves[/user] wrote:
Gregorian
</span>

Hahaha
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:24 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=74]Wild Wolves[/user] wrote:
Gregorian
</span>

Hahaha
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 am

rep wrote:i have been going back on forth on this one, and i don't know if it is offensive or not. personally i thought it was kind of clever, just because it was different. at one of the jimmie games this season, i think it was against dakota state or black hills...anyway, they have an asian player on their team...a 2 guard or maybe a small forward. so at one point the jamestown crowd starts chanting 'happy new year' because it was the chinese new year at that point in the season. different, if nothing else.

basically any cheer other than 'we've got spirit' i'm all for. that one wore on me more than any other this season in basketball.

haha that would be pretty funny, how would they even know when that was?
klg_11

Postby rep » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:09 am

not a clue. honestly, i was pretty befuddled as to why they were chanting happy new year because it wasn't jan. 1. took me a while before someone put it together for me.
rep

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:14 am

haha thats pretty fun, its kinda on the borderline of harsh, but its not really that bad just pretty funny.
klg_11

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:40 am

Rock Chalk Jayhawks:)....yea that will give ya goosebumps
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:37 pm

Brady Langan wrote:In St. John we do the chop
thats sounds awful  when so few people do it
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:47 pm

You got swatted chant is a good one.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:49 pm

you guys are all wrong, the chant that defines the legacy of class B basketball is hearing everyone of a certain town start chanting..."yeS wE CAN, YES WE CAN"...but deep down you know half of the parents are like..yeaa umm no....we cant
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 pm

power-aid14 wrote:you guys are all wrong, the chant that defines the legacy of class B basketball is hearing everyone of a certain town start chanting..."yeS wE CAN, YES WE CAN"...but deep down you know half of the parents are like..yeaa umm no....we cant

yes you can what?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:56 pm

Ming01 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:you guys are all wrong, the chant that defines the legacy of class B basketball is hearing everyone of a certain town start chanting..."yeS wE CAN, YES WE CAN"...but deep down you know half of the parents are like..yeaa umm no....we cant

yes you can what?

the only time ive heard that chant is in hockey, we started chanting "you cant do that" and they came back with "yes we can" but i have never heard it anywhere else and im not sure where it is used in basketball
klg_11

Postby power-aid14 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:07 pm

it is usually used when a big school comes into a small schools town and the small team is hanging with the big team somehow and they chant it signaling yes we can....win
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:02 pm

power-aid14 wrote:it is usually used when a big school comes into a small schools town and the small team is hanging with the big team somehow and they chant it signaling yes we can....win

ohh ok, but i like it better with the hockey scenario better.
klg_11

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:22 am

klg_11 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

yes you can what?

the only time ive heard that chant is in hockey, we started chanting "you cant do that" and they came back with "yes we can" but i have never heard it anywhere else and im not sure where it is used in basketball

"you cant do that" and "yes we can"....those arent really chant lines or even chant material. sounds more like a conversation to me.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:34 am

power-aid14 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

yes you can what?

"you cant do that" and "yes we can"....those arent really chant lines or even chant material. sounds more like a conversation to me.

ya thats right, especially since u are the one who initially said yes we can for best chant, and now its not a chant?
klg_11

Postby baseball » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:24 am

klg_11 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

yes you can what?

ya thats right, especially since u are the one who initially said yes we can for best chant, and now its not a chant?

i think what he means is that its a conversation if its back and forth between the 2 crowds and a chant if its just one side.....the yes we can chant is used alot in basketball games when there is an underdog and it is within striking distance late in the game.  so if you only heard it one time at a hockey game you must not go to many sporting events because i have heard it in just about every sport ive ever watched
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Hot Topics