Best Chant???

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best Chant???

Postby im lovin it » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:53 pm

has anyone heard the BHS "scoreboard, referee, losing team, winning team" chant?? that always seems to make the other crowd go silent untill the game is over..
im lovin it

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:09 pm

I remember the cavalier chant from back in 2003/2004/2005 the "Dut-Dut-Dut-Dut!" clap clap clap-clap-clap
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby niebuhr#81 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm

a couple years back, before South Heart and Belfield started co-oping for basketball, the South Heart fans would start chanting K-F-C.....K-F-C cuz belfields mascot is a bantam......which is a kind of chicken
niebuhr#81
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:33 am

Bowman County section chanting "YOU CAN'T DO THAT, clap, clap, clap clap clap" whenever an opposing player traveled at the girls state tournament...and boys games this season.
project-pat

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:54 am

project-pat wrote:Bowman County section chanting "YOU CAN'T DO THAT, clap, clap, clap clap clap" whenever an opposing player traveled at the girls state tournament...and boys games this season.
Last edited by Deuce on Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:12 pm

I like the chant done by Mott-Regent when another teams fans say "we've got spirit yes we do we've got spirit how bout you" MR says " We've got spirit just the same so shut your mouth and watch the game"
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:27 pm

i usually get a quick laugh when students pull out the keys and start jingling them. dont even say anything just play with there keys. thats the best when you get a whole section doing it haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:46 pm

watchin the Texas game right now im gonna have to say "Let's Go Peay! Let's Go Peay!" is up there haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:06 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:I like the chant done by Mott-Regent when another teams fans say "we've got spirit yes we do we've got spirit how bout you" MR says " We've got spirit just the same so shut your mouth and watch the game"

And this was done when???
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

im lovin it wrote:has anyone heard the BHS "scoreboard, referee, losing team, winning team" chant?? that always seems to make the other crowd go silent untill the game is over..

ya..the BHS student section pulled that chant when they beat DHS at BHS by one on the decision of an official...if youre gonna do it, do it when theres still time left. the other team wont say a word for the rest of the game.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby B_Baller » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:04 am

dukefan32 wrote:I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???

Yeah there is too many schools that do that chant & isnt really that cool......I'm not gonna lie but I think the one Four Winds Fans do, "Indian Power" is a really good one!!
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:46 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:I like the chant done by Mott-Regent when another teams fans say "we've got spirit yes we do we've got spirit how bout you" MR says " We've got spirit just the same so shut your mouth and watch the game"

And this was done when???

Just a few times mainly at state
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:42 pm

the "I Believe" chant by Century when they win
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby riders » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:07 pm

century has about the lamest student section ive ever heard in my life. they need to show some class and take a loss and a win with the same humility instead of try to rub it in the face of their opponent. to beat a team once and act like its your first win in years and then lose to them the next time you play that team shows no class or school pride at all. and as long as im ragging on bismarck teams, bhs is the same way. to do their "scoreboard" chant on a win that was given to them, a win by one point on a last second call, shows no humility for a win or respect for the team that just gave them all they could handle.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:07 am

janobilly20 wrote:the "I Believe" chant by Century when they win

youve gotta be kidding me
demon_fan14

Postby track guy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

The “I Believe” chant must have been preformed after CHS beat Riders team. Don’t complain and wine that century beat your team rider. The only reason you do not like the chant is because you loss. struggle it up Rider!
track guy

Postby riders » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:49 am

track guy wrote:The “I Believe” chant must have been preformed after CHS beat Riders team. Don’t complain and wine that century beat your team rider. The only reason you do not like the chant is because you loss. aren't cool it up Rider!

nope...it wasnt use then and definitely shouldnt have ever been used. they beat "my team" once and lost to them in their next meeting. i dont like the chant because century brags up a win and cant take any of their own medicine when they lose.
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:04 am

riders wrote:century has about the lamest student section ive ever heard in my life. they need to show some class and take a loss and a win with the same humility instead of try to rub it in the face of their opponent. to beat a team once and act like its your first win in years and then lose to them the next time you play that team shows no class or school pride at all. and as long as im ragging on bismarck teams, bhs is the same way. to do their "scoreboard" chant on a win that was given to them, a win by one point on a last second call, shows no humility for a win or respect for the team that just gave them all they could handle.

maybe it was just the game i was at but i have to agree about the CHS section. they only had about a dozen kids there, that doesnt even count as a student section
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby track guy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:12 am

i wont lie, CHS may not have the largest turn out with the student section, but the ones who come are great fans. The "I Believe" chant is a great chant. Other schools do the same kind of chants. For example FS did the "scoreboard" chant after they won the FB state championship against BHS. And people talk about CHS fans not being "good sports". What about after the BHS CHS football game. The BHS fans tried to say that they threw the game. If that is true i don't think the players would have been crying on the field after the game, but thats just me.
track guy

Postby Hinsa » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 pm

OK children. That's enough of this. Topic Locked.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics