Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby porter_55 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:11 pm

maybe they should become a public school and their enrollment might go up, and then nobody would hate them for being private and controlling thier enrollment
porter_55

Postby crossover » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:12 pm

why would dickinson want two public schools?
Last edited by crossover on Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:02 pm

How can you say that it is fighting to stay afloat when it is one of the largest class B schools and larger than most private class B schools, too?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:06 pm

Last edited by project-pat on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:10 pm

Is the fighting to stay afloat comment supposed to make us feel sorry for Trinity....give me a break........there are schools out there that have to really fight to make a go of it....and Trinity isnt one of them......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:14 pm

Look at how bad the enrollment has dropped over the past years.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:16 pm

look at how bad the enrollment has dropped at pretty much every school in north dakota.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 pm

The Schwab wrote:Is the fighting to stay afloat comment supposed to make us feel sorry for Trinity....give me a break........there are schools out there that have to really fight to make a go of it....and Trinity isnt one of them......

Are all the trinity recruiting comments a way to ruin trinity's reputation because you're jealous of their success?
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:27 pm

i dont believe i have ever said that they recruit...I havent really made my opinion on the whole recruiting possibility.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:28 pm

I'm not necessarily saying just you...I'm talking about the other 95% of the ppl on this site that can't get over the fact that trinity does not recruit.
project-pat

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:32 pm

well i'm not from the western part of the state so I dont really know of any examples of people that would be in question of being recruits......and I have only seen their facilities in pictures.......good program.....but when you see a team go 7 straight times to state the recruiting acusations are gunna start flying......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 pm

Trinity does recruit.  Go to mass during Catholic Schools week.  If private schools don't recruit at some level they close their doors.  Get over it, private schools have to recruit to remain viable, it is ok, in fact it is a part of who they are.  Parents feel good about sending students and students feel good about the setting.  It is a great thing.  They should recruit harder and find ways to provide their services to families with financial difficulties. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 pm

well if they would recruit wouldnt we know who they recruited
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Ok IF they do recruit...

let's say they recruit around 10 kids, none are good at sports, nobody would raise an eyebrow.

BUT...if they recruit those same 10 kids, 3 are good at basketball, 1 is an excellent golfer, 4 are tracksters, and 2 are talented in volleyball...then everyone is stuff off.

That is what I don't understand. It is only an issue because trinity has a successful sports program.
project-pat

Postby bill » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 pm

how many kids does trinity have 9-12
Last edited by bill on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:42 pm

I sure hope the titans are more focused on FW's than their fans are !!!!!
toughregion2

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm

bill wrote:how many kids does trinity have 9-12

around 174, not sure though
project-pat

Postby lurkinmid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:46 pm

I really would like to know why everyone thinks they know the financial status at trinity. I've heard things such as: the kids who attend are rich, the coaches get higher wages, and that its NOT fighting to "stay afloat".

Unless you guys have some facts behind these statements they mean nothing.

1) I can gurantee you that just because people attend a school for a catholic education does not translate into rich parents, thats a stereotype quit being irrational.

2) Trinity coaches do not receive a higher wage then other schools. As a matter of fact for how much time they spend planning and preparing im surprised they accept the wage they are given.

3) And finally you guys claim they are not in any trouble as far as "staying afloat". In recent years there has been several meetings made as far as what to do as a result of decreasing enrollment and rising tuition. Worst case scenario we have no Trinity and would combine with DHS. The more likely scenario is that we turn the building into a K-12 building. All these are just ideas right now, but in a matter of time something will give.

I may not be able to change whether or not you guys like Trinity, but don't make things up you dont know about.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:50 pm

The Titan Coaches are going to busy these next 2 weeks.

State Tourney this week

North Dakota signing day next week hahahahahahahahah =)
toughregion2

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:53 pm

toughregion2 wrote:The Titan Coaches are going to busy these next 2 weeks.

State Tourney this week

North Dakota signing day next week hahahahahahahahah =)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...man you are hilarious, I can't even breathe I'm laughing so hard.

jk:cool:
project-pat

Postby lurkinmid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:57 pm

As far as Trinity recruiting I have yet to hear someone give me a name of a student that has been recruited. Every other time people have asked this same question it seems like it gets ignored so maybe that says something about your guys theories.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 pm

If you look, alot of the students are from families WHO HAVE LIVED IN DICKINON THEIR WHOLE LIVES.
project-pat

Postby lurkinmid » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:11 pm

To be exact Pat most of them have been through the Catholic School system most of their life rather than just Dickinson. Still waiting for an example student from you guys who say Trinity recruits. There are maybe a few per class which havnt been through the Catholic School System for a while, and even then those kids arnt necessarily student-athletes
Last edited by lurkinmid on Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby boysbballfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Mandan girls just won five straight state championships thats way harder then winning 7 regional titles move them up to to Division one so they can get there buts kicked by Tennesse and UConn. See that makes no sense just like moving trinity cause they have had alot of success recently. It's called a good work ethic and a strong program and teams shouldn't be punished for their hard work. 
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:05 pm

Our 9-12 enrollment when this school year began was 173 kids.  We are projecting we will fall below 150 by 2008-2009.  Percentage wise, we are losing enrollment at the same pace as our public school system in Dickinson. We are fighting the same battle that almost everyone in the state is.  Sorry to burst everbodys "they recruit" theory.. 
Last edited by scruffy on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics