Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Here's some more stats for ya....

Total 9-12 male enrollment of Trinity is 104 and Dickinson High is 493

The school I graduated from and the last two schools I have taught at have 9-12 male enrollments of 40, 29, and 37.  None are involved in a coop.  All three are average sized towns, too.  There are many smaller and some larger.

Don't try to tell me Trinity doesn't have more of a population to draw basketball players from.  Step out of the bigger cities and come out to rural North Dakota and see what it's like before throwing out your opinions...

Who cares about the last 2 schools u taught at?Hazen, Beulah, Beach, Cavalier, and Bottinoue are some schools that are just as big if not bigger than trinity right off the top of my head. How are they drawing kids from the community?Maybe u should step INTO the city and see what its like before u start throwing out your opinions
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:29 pm

Your right....all those schools are just as big as Trinity but the difference is they only have 1 high school in a town of about 2000-3000 where Dickinson has 2 high school and a town of 16000.  Still a difference there as far as where they can get kids.  Plus for every 5 schools you give me that are the size of Trinity, I can give you 20 schools that are a fraction of the size of Trinity.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:49 pm

scruffy wrote:If we capped our enrollment, why would we set the cap number 150 under the limit.  That would make no sense!  There are a few uninformed people who believe that and then there are those uninformed who believe we recruit!  I don't think you can have it both ways! By the way bigpappadog Mott, Bowman, Standing Rock, Hettinger and Watford City used to be Class "A" as well and I don't think any titles they have won since are tarnished.....

Once again, these schools are located in smaller towns with only one high school.  Class A limits were different back then and all of these towns have lost a lot of population in the last 50 years
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bighammer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:03 pm

It must be nice to be able to control your enrollment so you dont have to go class A. Do a little recruiting on the side and go to school with a bunch of spoiled rich kids. Shilo, Dickinson and Williston Trinity, Minot Ryan, Oak Grove. You have ruined class B please give it back. and you will never see the NDHSAA do anything about it because for them it is all about the almighty dollar. They don't even listen to the small schools because they dont bring in the big bucks .

:(
Last edited by Bighammer on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bighammer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Who did trinity ever recruit?Please someone tell me.......Who did they turn away from enrolling at trinity? Give some facts or stop bashing trinity with false statements.
Last edited by freak722 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:12 pm

I'm sorry you don't see the advantage...it's right in front of you!  Bigger town=more people=more kids=more athletes (more athletes gets you a better chance at having better all around athletes).
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:14 pm

Trinity doesn't recruit....we know!  There are a couple of people on here saying that just to get people like you all riled up.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:18 pm

You act like trinity goes out in the huge town of dickinson and picks and chooses who comes there. People go there because of faith or academics or w.e reason. No one has came to trinity just because they are athletic.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballcrasher » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:19 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:You're right....all those schools are just as big as Trinity but the difference is they only have 1 high school in a town of about 2000-3000 where Dickinson has 2 high schools and a town of 16000.  Still a difference there as far as where they can get kids.  Plus for every 5 schools you give me that are the size of Trinity, I can give you 20 schools that are a fraction of the size of Trinity.

Ok so technically, by your logic, Dickinson should have 5 or 6 HS, right? I mean that averages out to about 2000-3000 in population per school. I could just see it now....DHS East, West, North, South, and Trinity. I'm sure they'd be able to support that many high schools. At least every teacher coming out of DSU would have a job. You knew what you were getting into when you or your parents chose residence in the Beulah's and Hazen's of the world. You also have a choice to move off the farm and into the city.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:21 pm

Trinity has just as many athletes at their school as everyone else does. They only have around 100 male students, how does that give you an advantage? That's about average for most class b schools.
project-pat

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:30 pm

Because they have a  choice if they want you

if you dont think these schools recruit your crazy.......also kids that have talent want to play on talented teams so they go to these schools.  Look around and see what has happened with open enrollment. 

Its not fair but its reality and its been reality for awhile now.  Cavalier dominated trinity in football when they were suppose to be such studs.  
toughregion2

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:34 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Because they have a  choice if they want you

if you dont think these schools recruit your crazy.......also kids that have talent want to play on talented teams so they go to these schools.  Look around and see what has happened with open enrollment. 

Its not fair but its reality and its been reality for awhile now.  Cavalier dominated trinity in football when they were suppose to be such studs.  

Everybody has a choice of what school they want to go to, if that's what your saying.
project-pat

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:36 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Because they have a  choice if they want you

First of all, cavalier beating trinity in football has nothing to do with ur argument. Second, who has trinity recruited, who have they denied from their school. Who has transfered to trinity just because they were good? Too bad its reality that people bash trinity cause they r successful and its been a reality for sometime now.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:37 pm

http://www.ndhsaa.com/athletics/football/football_2005_07.pdf

I know this is for FB but if you look at the link 100 male athletes is not the average for class B.  Trinity is at the bottom of AA which still puts them ahead of all of the A and 9 man scools.  basically there are 20 schools in class B with larger enrollment.

Trinity recruits.  They don't recruit athletes they recruit families and students just like every private school must do to compete.  There is no way they are capping enrollment.  Additionally they do well in the class room. 

I don't like what has happened to class B sports in the last 15 years but it has happened.  It will never be the same. I moved from small town to small town with my parents not because they didn't like big cities but because that is where they found jobs.

Today the jobs are in the larger cities.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:56 pm

grizz wrote:I feel like getting together a HUGE "family tree" of all the star players you guys say we recruit to show you that they have lived in Dickinson their whole life and went to catholic schools when they were young.

grizz is right man they dont recruit i know they dont
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:59 pm

how do they recruit?
Alot more kids go to DHS then trinity
Last edited by brownbomber on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 pm

bballcrasher wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:You're right....all those schools are just as big as Trinity but the difference is they only have 1 high school in a town of about 2000-3000 where Dickinson has 2 high schools and a town of 16000.  Still a difference there as far as where they can get kids.  Plus for every 5 schools you give me that are the size of Trinity, I can give you 20 schools that are a fraction of the size of Trinity.

Ok so technically, by your logic, Dickinson should have 5 or 6 HS, right? I mean that averages out to about 2000-3000 in population per school. I could just see it now....DHS East, West, North, South, and Trinity. I'm sure they'd be able to support that many high schools. At least every teacher coming out of DSU would have a job. You knew what you were getting into when you or your parents chose residence in the Beulah's and Hazen's of the world. You also have a choice to move off the farm and into the city.

First of all, that statement is just the stupidest one I have ever heard!  Most people's parents have settled into a community long before any of us were ever born....what kind of choice is that??  Plus there are a lot of other reasons why people live where they do, not just so their kid can play sports.

Here is what I've been trying to explain to you about Trinity having an advantage over towns that only have 1 high school.....and I'm not talking about recruiting, capping enrollment, and whatever else some of the other people on here try to say about Trinity.

Take this situation.....a kid is a very good fball and bball player for Dickinson high his sophomore or junior year.  Towards the end of the bball season he gets ticked off at the coach, quits the team and decides he wants to transfer schools.  Where is he going to go?  Trinity....and he can start playing any sport right away when he gets there.   However, the same kid in another class B town with only 1 school ends up in the same situation.  If he wants to transfer, first of all he will have to drive 30 miles to the next nearest high school, and secondly he'll have to sit out of ALL NDHSAA activities for 1 enitre semester because his parents don't live in the school district, meaning his misses th next fball season and part of the bball season.  Is he going to transfer to a neighboring school??  More than likely not.  Is a Dickinson kid going to transer to Trinity.  Probably.   There's my argument.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:02 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
bballcrasher wrote:

First of all, that statement is just the stupidest one I have ever heard!  Most people's parents have settled into a community long before any of us were ever born....what kind of choice is that??  Plus there are a lot of other reasons why people live where they do, not just so their kid can play sports.

Here is what I've been trying to explain to you about Trinity having an advantage over towns that only have 1 high school.....and I'm not talking about recruiting, capping enrollment, and whatever else some of the other people on here try to say about Trinity.

Take this situation.....a kid is a very good fball and bball player for Dickinson high his sophomore or junior year.  Towards the end of the bball season he gets ticked off at the coach, quits the team and decides he wants to transfer schools.  Where is he going to go?  Trinity....and he can start playing any sport right away when he gets there.   However, the same kid in another class B town with only 1 school ends up in the same situation.  If he wants to transfer, first of all he will have to drive 30 miles to the next nearest high school, and secondly he'll have to sit out of ALL NDHSAA activities for 1 enitre semester because his parents don't live in the school district, meaning his misses th next fball season and part of the bball season.  Is he going to transfer to a neighboring school??  More than likely not.  Is a Dickinson kid going to transer to Trinity.  Probably.   There's my argument.

thats how it is at trinity. you cant transfer and play right away
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:04 pm

Prove that to me in the NDHSAA bylaws and I will eat my words and take away my argument....
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballin24/7 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm

THIS IS TO U "BIGHAMMER"..................................u r literly the dumbest kid 2 step on this earth if u think trnity s made up of rich kids and they bring in big bucks because they have 2 do alot of work 2 get there $ to keep the school going. and by the way trnity doesn't rercuit .......just keep thinkin they do all this bad stuff just becuz we win big deal. instead of sitin here and whinning y dont u just go and try 2 get ur teams better maybe ul hava chance at trnity
Last edited by ballin24/7 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballin24/7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Prove that to me in the NDHSAA bylaws and I will eat my words and take away my argument....

im pretty sure that why most kids wait to trnasfer there until  their season is done and then transfer
Last edited by brownbomber on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 pm

I hope you don't go to Trinity....otherwise I've lost a lot of respect for the English Department there.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:15 pm

bbjay wrote:I hope you don't go to Trinity....otherwise I've lost a lot of respect for the English Department there.

no kidding, but that kid is not very old.

That is pretty sweet to see this topic get turned into "private schools are unfair" I was giving it 3 days before that happened, but I guess I was wrong.
Last edited by project-pat on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:16 pm

bbjay wrote:I hope you don't go to Trinity....otherwise I've lost a lot of respect for the English Department there.

ill correct it before i postand i dont go
Last edited by brownbomber on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbjay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:19 pm

I was talkin' about ballin 24/7...forgot to quote him.
Last edited by bbjay on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics