Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:11 pm

scruffy wrote:Our 9-12 enrollment when this school year began was 173 kids.  We are projecting we will fall below 150 by 2008-2009.  Percentage wise, we are losing enrollment at the same pace as our public school system in Dickinson. We are fighting the same battle that almost everyone in the state is.  Sorry to burst everbodys "they recruit" theory.. 

nicely put scruffy.
project-pat

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:15 pm

[user=790]project-pat[/user] wrote:
scruffy wrote:Our 9-12 enrollment when this school year began was 173 kids.  We are projecting we will fall below 150 by 2008-2009.  Percentage wise, we are losing enrollment at the same pace as our public school system in Dickinson. We are fighting the same battle that almost everyone in the state is.  Sorry to burst everbodys "they recruit" theory.. 

nicely put scruffy.

All PRIVATE schools recruit. That is the nature of the beast. For that matter, plenty of public schools also recruit. you see it all over the state. Started getting worse when they got more traveling all-star teams during the summer. It usually isn't the school's coach. Lots of the time, it is a disgruntled parent who feels that their little darling could be better suited at a different school. Kind of like the "grass is greener" theory.
It's not how you drive, it's how you arrive
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:22 pm

Still yet to hear 1 athlete that trinity has "recruited"
project-pat

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Still yet to hear 1 athlete that trinity has "recruited"

I don't think that they put an ad in the paper or anything. Of course, you shouldn't be like an ostrich and stick your head in the sand either
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KevO42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:36 pm

im a third generation kid that goes to trinity, all i have to say is that to all people that want to know why trinity is not class A, its because of the NDHSAA rules set down for enrollment, if they capped it wouldnt it be level, instead of dropping, and the reason they dont go public, they teach catholic beliefs.

these stated reasons disprove all therories

P.S. never heard of any athlete's recruited to Trinity

nuff said
KevO42

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:39 pm

KevO42 wrote:im a third generation kid that goes to trinity, all i have to say is that to all people that want to know why trinity is not class A, its because of the NDHSAA rules set down for enrollment, if they capped it wouldnt it be level, instead of dropping, and the reason they dont go public, they teach catholic beliefs.

nuff said

thank you.
project-pat

Postby skman » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:45 pm

KevO42 wrote:im a third generation kid that goes to trinity, all i have to say is that to all people that want to know why trinity is not class A, its because of the NDHSAA rules set down for enrollment, if they capped it wouldnt it be level, instead of dropping, and the reason they dont go public, they teach catholic beliefs.

nuff said

thank you.

I have never said that they should be "A". If players want to play for the
Titans that says nothing but good things about the program. it is no different than at public schools. it is just easier to be eligible to play at a private as compared to the hoops a player has to jump through when transfer from a public to public. Already rumors of both girls and boys starting at a new school so that they will be eligible next year at start of season.
skman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KevO42 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:49 pm

i think i will just let the DT haters fight over it in this fthread and im gonna leave it because for all the people that a) can read and b) read all posts prevailing this one, should know that all accusations aside all the rumors and such are false. DT is legit you hate them because the own you.

im starting a DT rocks thread
KevO42

Postby basketball43 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:10 pm

Dickinson is a great town and its too bad that Trinity keeps getting home court advantage every year in the regionals.  There is Scott gym at the college or even Dickinson High School gym that would be more fair to the region 7 teams.
basketball43

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:15 pm

basketball43 wrote:Dickinson is a great town and its too bad that Trinity keeps getting home court advantage every year in the regionals.  There is Scott gym at the college or even Dickinson High School gym that would be more fair to the region 7 teams.

It's held at trinity because that is where the coaches vote it to be, and that's the gym that generates the most revenue.
project-pat

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 pm

I wish the schools in our area could maintain 150 kids K-12 and stay open for 10-20 more years......don't give me this pitty party about Trinity have 150-175 kids 9-12.....that's huge to most of the state of ND
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:38 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I wish the schools in our area could maintain 150 kids K-12 and stay open for 10-20 more years......don't give me this pitty party about Trinity have 150-175 kids 9-12.....that's huge to most of the state of ND

Good one. Im betting that MOST of the teams that made it to state this year has at least or more kids enrolled in their school than DT.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:38 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I wish the schools in our area could maintain 150 kids K-12 and stay open for 10-20 more years......don't give me this pitty party about Trinity have 150-175 kids 9-12.....that's huge to most of the state of ND

Good one. Im betting that MOST of the teams that made it to state this year has at least or more kids enrolled in their school than DT.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:59 pm

I guarantee that BCN, Hankinson, Parshall, FW, NB, Minot Ryan, Shiloh all have enrollments less than Trinity.   Trinity must be the largest school in the class B tourney this year.....except for maybe Ryan who is about the same and another class B private school.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 am

Ndlions fan, I'm not asking for pity.  I was asked what our enrollment was and I responded with facts.  One thing nobody has brought up is the option of co-ops.  They can help keep enrollment numbers for a sports program from slipping to fast.  It won't reverse the trend but it can help.  I heard a legislator from our state say that we have to look at the number of co-ops that are in existence, double them, and that's the number of school districts that this state should have.  The writing is on the wall..the number of school districts in the state will shrink rapidly.  Already, some public southwestern North Dakota schools are taking CLASSES through Trinity.  We all have to learn to share resources and help each other out...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:24 am

well all of you Dt haters can be arguing on here all you want... cuz while you do that, they are going to state and there is nothing you can do about it... goodluck private schools
Last edited by feeshattack on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby teamball » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:33 am

What is recruiting? I've been reading these posts and from what I see it seems recruiting should be defined as a school bringing in an athlete to play his 10th, 11th or 12th grade years at a school. Can we agree on that as a definition for recruiting. If we can maybe with a little research we can find out just how many kids Trinity has recruited in for basketball. Let me know if you agree with that definition and I'll try and do some research.
teamball

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:03 am

Last edited by brownbomber on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby lurkinmid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:06 am

teamball wrote:What is recruiting? I've been reading these posts and from what I see it seems recruiting should be defined as a school bringing in an athlete to play his 10th, 11th or 12th grade years at a school. Can we agree on that as a definition for recruiting. If we can maybe with a little research we can find out just how many kids Trinity has recruited in for basketball. Let me know if you agree with that definition and I'll try and do some research.

Look at the rosters of the past Varsity teams at Trinity, they don't "bring kids in for basketball". They have all graduated from a Catholic grade school in the Dickinson area. Maybe we should start printing off lists of the graduating 6th graders from each grade school and hand them out 6 years later with the basketball programs so that you guys will finally realize that the only secret they have is dedicated players and an intelligent coaching staff.
Last edited by lurkinmid on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am

teamball wrote:What is recruiting? I've been reading these posts and from what I see it seems recruiting should be defined as a school bringing in an athlete to play his 10th, 11th or 12th grade years at a school. Can we agree on that as a definition for recruiting. If we can maybe with a little research we can find out just how many kids Trinity has recruited in for basketball. Let me know if you agree with that definition and I'll try and do some research.

I did some research and it totaled out to a whopping 0!!!!
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I guarantee that BCN, Hankinson, Parshall, FW, NB, Minot Ryan, Shiloh all have enrollments less than Trinity.   Trinity must be the largest school in the class B tourney this year.....except for maybe Ryan who is about the same and another class B private school.

Heres the enrollments according to the Hoopster and Im not quite sure how accurate these are but I thought Id throw them out there

Hankinson-110  

North Border-180

BCN-101

Four Winds-150

Shiloh-90

Minot Ryan-205

Dickinson Trinity-200

Parshall-70

Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am

haha cant say it any better than that...... it has been proven so many times that Trinity does not recruit, cap enrollment, or do anything that any other class b school does
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:14 am

Claz B Fan wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I guarantee that BCN, Hankinson, Parshall, FW, NB, Minot Ryan, Shiloh all have enrollments less than Trinity.   Trinity must be the largest school in the class B tourney this year.....except for maybe Ryan who is about the same and another class B private school.

Heres the enrollments according to the Hoopster and Im not quite sure how accurate these are but I thought Id throw them out there

Hankinson-110  

North Border-180

BCN-101

Four Winds-150

Shiloh-90

Minot Ryan-205

Dickinson Trinity-200

Parshall-70

dhs had more kids sick one day then trinity has in their entire school. idk think they have 200 kids its less
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby lurkinmid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:17 am

Yeah, i dont think 200 is an accurate number, nor is Trinity High Schools website because that page is hardly updated and is probably from a few years ago.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby feeshattack » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:18 am

brownbomber wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:

Hankinson-110  

North Border-180

BCN-101

Four Winds-150

Shiloh-90

Minot Ryan-205

Dickinson Trinity-200

Parshall-70

dhs had more kids sick one day then trinity has in their entire school. idk think they have 200 kids its less

Dt's 200 shown above is 7-12 though... so they are no bigger than half of the other schools that are there, but its ok cuz DT's 150 9-12 students are all of the top reqruited McDonalds Grade School All American.... hahaha
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics