Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:21 am

Again, Trinity began the year with 173 students in grades 9-12.  As the year goes it can change a bit because of people moving in and out of town but I'd say we are within two or three of 173....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:23 am

scruffy wrote:Again, Trinity began the year with 173 students in grades 9-12.  As the year goes it can change a bit because of people moving in and out of town but I'd say we are within two or three of 173....

174 9-12
project-pat

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:14 pm

I play for trinity. They offered me 2k a year and a new car of choice and a poodle. Gimme a break guys...stop the bickering. Trinity does not recruit its been proved. Yes enrollment is dropping and yes it is in all schools too. So if our enrollment is dropping how are we capping our enrollement? NDLoinsfan help me out here?
NDSUbison!

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:02 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:I play for trinity. They offered me 2k a year and a new car of choice and a poodle. Gimme a break guys...stop the bickering. Trinity does not recruit its been proved. Yes enrollment is dropping and yes it is in all schools too. So if our enrollment is dropping how are we capping our enrollement? NDLoinsfan help me out here?

only 2k, you should really have negotiated better. haha
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:10 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I guarantee that BCN, Hankinson, Parshall, FW, NB, Minot Ryan, Shiloh all have enrollments less than Trinity.   Trinity must be the largest school in the class B tourney this year.....except for maybe Ryan who is about the same and another class B private school.

Heres the enrollments according to the Hoopster and Im not quite sure how accurate these are but I thought Id throw them out there

Hankinson-110  

North Border-180

BCN-101

Four Winds-150

Shiloh-90

Minot Ryan-205

Dickinson Trinity-200

Parshall-70

My point exactly......Trinity is the 2nd largest school in the tourney behind Ryan.  Only reason NB is comparable is because its made up of 3 schools
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:13 pm

Actually, like pat and scruffy said, our enrollment is only at 174, which makes us only the third. You can't say that 20 some people all play sports either.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:15 pm

Ok, I'm not sure if someone said this already, But if trinity is "capping" their enrollment, wouldn't it stay the same instead of dropping as drastacially as it is?
project-pat

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:16 pm

Yeah theres been more than a couple people who has said that. They just hear this from drunken bums on the side of the street so they think its true and post it on here.
Last edited by grizz on Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby freak722 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:25 pm

Haha that or they are drunken bums posting on here.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:32 pm

freak722 wrote:Haha that or they are drunken bums posting on here.

Bums dont know how to talk or type. NDloinsfan must just be an advanced bum
NDSUbison!

Postby Swine-O » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Reading through this topic I have seen a lot of people make comments about trinity recruiting and Capping their enrollment by turning away kids. I would be interested in hearing names of kids that trinity has recruited or that trinity has denited enrollment to.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MidnightMadness004 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:15 pm

I agree with Swine-O 100 percent, all this talk about trinity recruiting kids but not one person on here can name one person that has gotten recruited. So if u guys cant think of one person than ur opinions on the recruiting and capping enrollment basically are useless
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy everything else.
MidnightMadness004
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballin24/7 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:31 pm

[user=2717]basketball43[/user] wrote:
Dickinson is a great town and its too bad that Trinity keeps getting home court advantage every year in the regionals.  There is Scott gym at the college or even Dickinson High School gym that would be more fair to the region 7 teams.
ahhh my dads a coach and m pretty sure that those to gyms dont wan 2 host it there and who gives a crap about homecourt witchever team shows up to play and plays better than the other one will win done deal ps. my butt we recruit!
ballin24/7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:34 pm

ballin24/7 wrote:[user=2717]basketball43[/user] wrote:
Dickinson is a great town and its too bad that Trinity keeps getting home court advantage every year in the regionals.  There is Scott gym at the college or even Dickinson High School gym that would be more fair to the region 7 teams.
ahhh my dads a coach and m pretty sure that those to gyms dont wan 2 host it there and who gives a crap about homecourt witchever team shows up to play and plays better than the other one will win done deal

ps. my butt we recruit!

1 question...how old are you?
project-pat

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Haha I think he is 11 or 12. Shouldnt there be a legal posting age in this place?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:35 pm

ahhh my dads a coach and m pretty sure that those to gyms dont wan 2 host it there and who gives a crap about homecourt witchever team shows up to play and plays better than the other one will win done deal

ps. my butt we recruit!

Ben dont post again til you are in at least jr. high....i speak for everyone whe i say this
NDSUbison!

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:38 pm

grizz wrote:Haha I think he is 11 or 12. Shouldnt there be a legal posting age in this place?

hahaha you sure even that old
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:38 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:

ps. my butt we recruit!

Ben dont post again til you are in at least jr. high....i speak for everyone whe i say this

WOAH WOAH WOAH....the BEN GORDON, of the chicago bulls, don't you ever speak to him like that again, haha jk. Yeah seriously, I think we should draw an age line and make it 15 years and up.
project-pat

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:38 pm

ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT REQUITING IS BEARSTAIL REMEMBER HIM.....HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE LUTHERAN..... HAHAHAH GOOD ONE .....
toughregion2

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm

toughregion2 wrote:ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT REQUITING IS BEARSTAIL REMEMBER HIM.....HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE LUTHERAN..... HAHAHAH GOOD ONE .....

requiting ?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:46 pm

RECRUITING my bad i was on the phone
toughregion2

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:08 pm

and who were you talking bout?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby blaze88 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:37 pm

jarvis bearstail that was from parshall and went to shiloh. his dad got a job at tribes in bismarck so thats y he and his sister went there.
Last edited by blaze88 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blaze88

Postby freak722 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:34 pm

toughregion2 wrote:ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT REQUITING IS BEARSTAIL REMEMBER HIM.....HE IS SUPPOSE TO BE LUTHERAN..... HAHAHAH GOOD ONE .....

Uh, correct me if im wrong but i think Shiloh Christian High School is a school for all christians. Lutherans fall in the christian category. So if your trying to say that the bearstail family's sole intentions were for sports......GOOD ONE
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:33 am

NDSUbison! wrote:
freak722 wrote:Haha that or they are drunken bums posting on here.

Bums dont know how to talk or type. NDloinsfan must just be an advanced bum

You should be one to talk.....At least I can read moron.  I have not been saying Trinity caps their enrollment or recruits at all.  The only point I've been trying to make it that there are many schools far worse off enrollment wise than Trinity.  Some people on here want us to feel sorry to Trinity because their enrollment is dropping, even tho that is happening in every ND school and Trinity it still twice the size of most schools.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics