Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:04 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
NDSUbison! wrote:
freak722 wrote:Haha that or they are drunken bums posting on here.

Bums dont know how to talk or type. NDloinsfan must just be an advanced bum

You should be one to talk.....At least I can read moron.  I have not been saying Trinity caps their enrollment or recruits at all.  The only point I've been trying to make it that there are many schools far worse off enrollment wise than Trinity.  Some people on here want us to feel sorry to Trinity because their enrollment is dropping, even tho that is happening in every ND school and Trinity it still twice the size of most schools.

No no no. How can you even say that? You guys arent making any sense because all you Trinity haters dig to the bottom of the barrel for excuses about Trinity's success, this includes capping our enrollment and recruiting, and all we have been doing in defending ourselves. No one here every asked for your pity.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:26 am

It is easy to get upset over the success of programs in all sports across the state. It is amazing however to see the prowess of schools such as Dickinson Trinity, Minot Ryan, and Shiloh.

I have argued for and against a three class system in basketball. I think it could have success in North Dakota based on the number of programs out there but I don't want to see it happen because the "B" is the best high school sporting event hands down and I wouldn't want to see it change. I will continue to cheer against teams like Trinity and Ryan and Shiloh and continue to cheer for teams like Barnes County North for whom the tournament is an impossible dream not a yearly expectancy. Although I doubt their chances I would love to see the underdog win it all and complete their journey. My only complaint is that there isn't more underdogs in the tournament.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:48 am

What do you mean DRAW FROM? Do you think that in the first grade that the schools in Dickinson have an auction and bid on prospetive athletes? From what others from Trinity that have spoken up on the issue- most kids have been in the system form grade one. Also South Heart- Belfield coop and are much larger than Trinity and all other football teams in the SW. North Border combined with very large numbers.   
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:56 am

Well put A fball fan!!  That's the only thing I've been trying to say on this site, but it always gets turned into a recruitment issue with some people.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:04 am

Edward III wrote:What do you mean DRAW FROM? Do you think that in the first grade that the schools in Dickinson have an auction and bid on prospetive athletes? From what others from Trinity that have spoken up on the issue- most kids have been in the system form grade one. Also South Heart- Belfield coop and are much larger than Trinity and all other football teams in the SW. North Border combined with very large numbers.   

What people mean "drawing from" is that there are more students in Dickinson that have a choice to go to Trinity compared to most towns in ND where there just aren't the number of kids.

Also, why do you think Belfield/South Heart is larger than Trinity.  If that was the case they would be AA and Trinity would be A.  Get your facts straight first.  Trinity with NE have 140 boys grades 9-12, where Belfield and South Heart have 95.  North Border doesn't have the numbers either because they are going to 9-man next year, which means they have dropped to less than 75 boys 9-12
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:52 am

At the time when the coop first originated these schools became very big. Many schools opt to stay in a football division also. B-SH should have been in AA football. Trinity has always opted to stay.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:59 am

Also I thought the way you said "choice" of schools is interesting. I thought all kids that couldn't cut it at the class A high schools automatically went to the private schools. Since when does the parents figure in on this topic, let alone the fact that there is an education involved. I repeat this- I looked on Trinity's web and they would win almost every game in the classroom with their ACT scores also. More to winning than meets the eyes of some of the "authors" that write on the board.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:05 am

Edward III wrote:At the time when the coop first originated these schools became very big. Many schools opt to stay in a football division also. B-SH should have been in AA football. Trinity has always opted to stay.

You can't choose to stay down a division.  They'll let you stay up if your enrollment drops like Shanley but not the other way.  You think Belcourt chose to go AAA in football next year?
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:06 am

Edward III wrote:At the time when the coop first originated these schools became very big. Many schools opt to stay in a football division also. B-SH should have been in AA football. Trinity has always opted to stay.

Yes, you can opt to stay in a higher division but school have no choice to move down divisions.  B/SH is well below the cutoff for AA fball and Trinity it above it.  Neither school is opting to stay/go anywhere.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:07 am

Belcourt has been in the AAA numbers since the 4 divisions have been around. Look it up.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cityleaguer » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:07 am

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought  I heard that Belfield South Heart barely had enough kids to play football this year, something like 15 or so? Any help?
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:09 am

If you read my post I said at the  time the  coop was started --- not present day numbers.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:11 am

Number of boys available and number of players out for football are two different things.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Deuce » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:14 am

Edward III wrote:Belcourt has been in the AAA numbers since the 4 divisions have been around. Look it up.

If thats true then why move up now?  They lost almost every game AA.  Why doesn't Valley City choose to go class B?...  Because they can't choose, that's why.

I wouldn't mind it being a merit based system but then you'd have so many arguments about it that it would be impossible.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Edward III » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:30 am

You would have to call the NDHSAA to get an answer ti why but that was how it was.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:39 am

Edward III wrote:Belcourt has been in the AAA numbers since the 4 divisions have been around. Look it up.

Yes, I'm sure there are other circumstances the NDHSAA considered when placing them AA.  Also, if a school in AA chooses to be AAA and team from AAA can be moved down to take their place.  That could be the case because Shanley chooses to be AAA and has AA enrollment.  Cavalier also did that in the past.  They were actually one of the smaller A schools, but competed in AA fball.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Swine-O » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:05 am

ndlionsfan wrote:

Yes, you can opt to stay in a higher division but school have no choice to move down divisions.  B/SH is well below the cutoff for AA fball and Trinity it above it.  Neither school is opting to stay/go anywhere.

Trinity is not above the cutoff for AA football. Trinity had to fight a few years ago to stay in AA football. We should be in class A football right now. But I guess you would know all about Trinity being from Benson County right? Get you facts straight before you post.
Tradition Doesn't Graduate
Swine-O
NDPreps Reserve

Postby freak722 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:18 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Edward III wrote:What do you mean DRAW FROM? Do you think that in the first grade that the schools in Dickinson have an auction and bid on prospetive athletes? From what others from Trinity that have spoken up on the issue- most kids have been in the system form grade one. Also South Heart- Belfield coop and are much larger than Trinity and all other football teams in the SW. North Border combined with very large numbers.   

What people mean "drawing from" is that there are more students in Dickinson that have a choice to go to Trinity compared to most towns in ND where there just aren't the number of kids.

Also, why do you think Belfield/South Heart is larger than Trinity.  If that was the case they would be AA and Trinity would be A.  Get your facts straight first.  Trinity with NE have 140 boys grades 9-12, where Belfield and South Heart have 95.  North Border doesn't have the numbers either because they are going to 9-man next year, which means they have dropped to less than 75 boys 9-12
So you think trinity is successful because they are in a bigger town......even tho u dont think they recruit or cap their enrollment. Uh, looks like somebody is looking for sympathy.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:20 am

I would just like to point out one fact that has been easy to see in these posts......it's a bunch of trinity fans/players and Project Pat....fighting against everyone else......how bout we hear from someone who doesnt have a biased opinion...and btw....i could care less if trinity is in class b for sports.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby freak722 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:34 am

The Schwab wrote:I would just like to point out one fact that has been easy to see in these posts......it's a bunch of trinity fans/players and Project Pat....fighting against everyone else......how bout we hear from someone who doesnt have a biased opinion...and btw....i could care less if trinity is in class b for sports.

Nice post. This topic was made for trinity fans/anyone who has a brain vs trinity haters.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Fan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:39 am

The Schwab wrote:I would just like to point out one fact that has been easy to see in these posts......it's a bunch of trinity fans/players and Project Pat....fighting against everyone else......how bout we hear from someone who doesnt have a biased opinion...and btw....i could care less if trinity is in class b for sports.

I would just like to point out one fact that is easy to see in your post. There was no point to it whatsoever. Who cares if someone is biased in their posts? Who died and made you the boss of this forum? Don't tell me what to do. You probably won't meet many people that are unbiased when it comes to trinity. Their just like the yankees, people either hate um or they love um.
ND_Fan

Postby Mauer07 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:59 am

Everyone justs needs to shutup about this because it is just getting ridiculous. Trinity does not recruit, Trinity does not cap of their enrollment so they dont have to go to Class A or AAA. And like many people have been saying is that Trinity might not be around in like 10 years and that is a very good possibilty because enrollment in the Catholic Schools in Dickinson have declined. Just a couple years ago they had to shut down a catholic school because enrollment was down. Everyone just needs to respect for what they have all done in the past 5 years. Just stop complaining and you guys need to understandTrinity DOES NOT Recruit!!!!
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbjay » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:08 am

I think the people who are trying to get Trinity people all riled up about recruiting are having success.  There are maybe 2 or 3 people just saying it to hack you people off and it's working.  Don't listen to them...even I know they're dumb.
Last edited by bbjay on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:10 am

I wasnt trying to be the boss of the forum....i was just wondering if anyone else there has an opinon on this that isnt from trinity.....holy crap chill out.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Fan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:55 am

The Schwab wrote:I wasnt trying to be the boss of the forum....i was just wondering if anyone else there has an opinon on this that isnt from trinity.....holy crap chill out.

JUST DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!
ND_Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics