Fan Sportsmanship?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:52 pm

coca cola wrote:[font=georgia]i was at a game (not saying which team) but the home team was yelling cheeseburger at one of the players who was a little heavy...uncalled for[/font]

I think I was at the same game, but I thought it was McDonalds! I agree, very uncalled for.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:28 am

whos on first wrote:instead of cheering against the other team i would like to hear student sections cheer for their own team for a whole game... the atmosphere would be much better and chants such as "reefer","steriods", and "ballhog" can be avoided

ive heard that some of the parents of these kids were very upset when these were chanted

Well if i was a parent i would wonder why are they cheering "reefer" for my kid?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:22 am

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/02/22/news/opinion/editorials/129230.txt

The Bismarck Tribune published an editorial about fan sportsmanship in today's edition.  Thought you might be interested in reading it.
twinsfan34

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:24 am

Ditka14 wrote:
whos on first wrote:instead of cheering against the other team i would like to hear student sections cheer for their own team for a whole game... the atmosphere would be much better and chants such as "reefer","steriods", and "ballhog" can be avoided

ive heard that some of the parents of these kids were very upset when these were chanted

Well if i was a parent i would wonder why are they cheering "reefer" for my kid?

i think his parents  know
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby knights4 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 am

but what about the people in the community who didnt know that would be pretty embarassing for his family when people are chanting reefer to their son.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:33 pm

true
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:19 pm

That would be one of the most degrading situations I could think of.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Number7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:29 pm

cdub1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:What's wrong with the krazies? Bowman had the "SOLBERG SILLIES" rockin it last year and it worked out nicely.

i like the krazies from durham not the krazies from bismarck please come up with your own ideas

West Fargo's "Ref Crew" very original and everyone gets really into it
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:51 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1492]Number7[/user] wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:What's wrong with the krazies? Bowman had the "SOLBERG SILLIES" rockin it last year and it worked out nicely.

i like the krazies from durham not the krazies from bismarck please come up with your own ideas

West Fargo's "Ref Crew" very original and everyone gets really into it
</span>

there needs to be more of you guy's for me to give you full credit.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballler » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:00 pm

Bishop Ryan has the "Lion Crazies"
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby power-aid14 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:43 pm

basketballler wrote:Bishop Ryan has the "Lion Crazies"

berthold has the "bomb squad"

dlb has the "laker crew"
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hot Topics