three class system

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby homer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:56 pm

valley city dropping down would be like beating your little brother in basketball how proud would you be the lisbons kindreds havent been all that dominating i think oakes would also move up and they have been not a factor for years
homer

Postby Roughrider » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Moving to a 3-class system would be the worst move they could do. Class B boys basketball is the number one watched sport in North Dakota. If you move to a 3-class system, it would ruin the atmosphere. im definately NOT in favor of the new system. i think it would be tragic
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:15 am

I don't know much about class B boys or class B in general and im not necessarily in favor of 3 classes but if you dropped your bottom Class A teams down and say 16 of your biggest class B schools up wouldn't you get the same attendance at the lowest class because it would still be pretty hard to get to state and you are still left with small town schools that bring the whole town with them to state it just might make the playing field a little more even so you get different teams every year and not DT, Cavalier, Kindred big schools like that, every year. Again im not for the 3 class system i was just wondering
Last edited by Carl08 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:45 am

Carl08 wrote:I don't know much about class B boys or class B in general and im not necessarily in favor of 3 classes but if you dropped your bottom Class A teams down and say 16 of your biggest class B schools up wouldn't you get the same attendance at the lowest class because it would still be pretty hard to get to state and you are still left with small town schools that bring the whole town with them to state it just might make the playing field a little more even so you get different teams every year and not DT, Cavalier, Kindred big schools like that, every year. Again im not for the 3 class system i was just wondering

It would get watered down like football. It is WAY harder to make state in basketball then it is football. You might still get the attendance, its just the fact that there isn't that same sense of pride there if you get what I mean. I'd rather say I played on one of the 8 best teams out of 126 instead of saying I played on one of the 8 best teams out of 40, just an example.

Another point to add, how come we don't ever talk about changing up the football divisions like we do basketball since Velva has won 4 straight titles. Maybe class A football fans should start whining and see if they can get Velva to move up to class AA???
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:59 pm

There is always a team to Hate in Class B

Hillsboro was hated for over a decade as bad or worse than Trinity

People got sick of May-port, Linton, and Carrington, heck even Tiny Newberg got annoying after 3 straight state championship appearances

Trinity will go away just like all the others. No need to have a watered down 6 state tourney's in March it does not make sense.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hot Topics