Mandan Recruitment...everybody knows it!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:32 am

cdub1 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:That's just typical immature Class A coaches for ya...if ya can't beat 'em..do the next best thing...file a petition and try to bring the other team down in anyway possible...but it will never work:dude:
exactly and if it ever does work i have no respect for those coaches involved amundson is working with girls when they are 5 maybe if the other coaches did that they would be as successful also i would think there is a difference between a mandan practice and a different teams practice

you know wat i have no respect for...bush league coaches that are up by 41 over a team and leave their starters in...i dont care what a coach said about anyone there is no reason for that...i dont really care for girls basketball but do everyone knows that if that was a guys basketball game it would not be pretty bcuz i know for a fact that whenever a team tries runnin up a score like that the losing team tends to lose their cool...im gonna go ahead and say this in anysport there would be retaliation basketball people start fouling harder and with intent to injure football people start getting dirty baseball people get ear holed and anyone who denys that all this happens is full of crap bcuz whether or not people want to admit it it happens and mandans coach is lucky its girls basketball bcuz if it was guys he might have been without his best player for awhile
smart source

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 am

vballfan06 wrote:I do understand the gripe about Mandan...more so from the standpoint, that we're pushing athletics over academics when we let kids transfer basically to play ball. However, you better believe if I had a daughter with some potential and a job opened up in the bismarck/mandan area...I'd have her enrolled at mandan high school so fast.....

I want my kids to learn ethics, character, and sportmanship......They would never play girls basketball for Mandan.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:10 am

smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:That's just typical immature Class A coaches for ya...if ya can't beat 'em..do the next best thing...file a petition and try to bring the other team down in anyway possible...but it will never work:dude:
exactly and if it ever does work i have no respect for those coaches involved amundson is working with girls when they are 5 maybe if the other coaches did that they would be as successful also i would think there is a difference between a mandan practice and a different teams practice

you know wat i have no respect for...bush league coaches that are up by 41 over a team and leave their starters in...i dont care what a coach said about anyone there is no reason for that...i dont really care for girls basketball but do everyone knows that if that was a guys basketball game it would not be pretty bcuz i know for a fact that whenever a team tries runnin up a score like that the losing team tends to lose their cool...im gonna go ahead and say this in anysport there would be retaliation basketball people start fouling harder and with intent to injure football people start getting dirty baseball people get ear holed and anyone who denys that all this happens is full of crap bcuz whether or not people want to admit it it happens and mandans coach is lucky its girls basketball bcuz if it was guys he might have been without his best player for awhile

the bench plays at least the last 10 minutes of the games and that is how it should be a starter shouldnt only play 15 minutes a game becuz they are winning that wouldnt be fair to them

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:12 am

Baller wrote:
vballfan06 wrote:I do understand the gripe about Mandan...more so from the standpoint, that we're pushing athletics over academics when we let kids transfer basically to play ball. However, you better believe if I had a daughter with some potential and a job opened up in the bismarck/mandan area...I'd have her enrolled at mandan high school so fast.....

I want my kids to learn ethics, character, and sportmanship......They would never play girls basketball for Mandan.

do you know any of the players on mandans team have you ever talked to amundson??? they have the best work ethic in the state they are great sports i notice they are not gettin technicals ever character is pretty high on that team amundson uses ethics if he dint his team would average 100 point victories he is a very smart coach with great character and not cool for your girls that they wont be on a good team

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby got brains? » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 am

Obviously baller does not know amundson or his players... not only do they have work ethic, character, sportsmanship but intelligence... 4 of the 5 seniors are going on to high end colleges... New Mexico, Creighton University, UND, University of Mary.... back off baller!  Do your homework.

got brains?
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:42 am

smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

So is this what was happening at the end of the Minot/Dickinson boys game when Elgie fouled Baker?  Some posters have described it as a punch.  If it was then I'd say that is pretty bush league.
Last edited by Deuce on Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:38 pm

Deuce wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

So is this what was happening at the end of the Minot/Dickinson boys game when Elgie fouled Baker?  Some posters have described it as a punch.  If it was then I'd say that is pretty bush league.

i dont know i shut the game off when i knew it was over but if dickinson was tryin to run it up i could see a hard foul from elgie
smart source

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:39 pm

cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

the bench plays at least the last 10 minutes of the games and that is how it should be a starter shouldnt only play 15 minutes a game becuz they are winning that wouldnt be fair to them

no i have friends that play on the minot high girls bbal team and they said that mandans starters played the whole game
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:55 pm

smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

no i have friends that play on the minot high girls bbal team and they said that mandans starters played the whole game

minots coach said something in the paper about mandan recruiting and amundson was stuff off i heard from a source that he told his team to try to win by 80 i hope that coach learned his lesson

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm

cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

minots coach said something in the paper about mandan recruiting and amundson was stuff off i heard from a source that he told his team to try to win by 80 i hope that coach learned his lesson

And how does that demonstrate character?  He may be upset with that comment, but did he have it coming?  Maybe Amundson should be the better person in the situation and forget about it.  Also, should the minot players suffer for something their coach said?  From other posts, I received the impression that Minot parents/players don't like their coach. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:56 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

And how does that demonstrate character?  He may be upset with that comment, but did he have it coming?  Maybe Amundson should be the better person in the situation and forget about it.  Also, should the minot players suffer for something their coach said?  From other posts, I received the impression that Minot parents/players don't like their coach. 

Though whats the one big thing that would make that coach mad? His girls losing by 20 points or by them losing by 40. Amundson just wanted to get his message across and he did it. Sorry it had to happen to the rest of the team. Though mandan girls is one team you don't want to get fired up.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Emotion is one thing in every sport you don't want the opponent running on and this hole topic just makes the girls team even more upset. So keep it coming i bet it gives amundson more things to print off and tell his girls right before the game starts.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Leech » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:14 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Should Mandan players be punished with physical injuries because of a decision their coach is making? It goes both ways.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:11 am

i my opinion there are different ways to handle a situation if a coach says something you can get up by 30 which is already embarassing the opposing team and then put your subs in the fact that they kept their starters in is wat makes the situation as bad as  it is...and players notice that too for instance last year when minot high was undefeated and they played beulah...everyone knew the game was over at the end but peabody got the ball and was gonna go for a dunk at the end of the game and apparently he got drilled...i know some guys on that team that said they wish they would have hurt peabody bcuz that isnt how you play the game and it doesnt show respect the other team also look at tomlinson after they lost to the patriots
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:17 am

smart source wrote:i my opinion there are different ways to handle a situation if a coach says something you can get up by 30 which is already embarassing the opposing team and then put your subs in the fact that they kept their starters in is wat makes the situation as bad as  it is...and players notice that too for instance last year when minot high was undefeated and they played beulah...everyone knew the game was over at the end but peabody got the ball and was gonna go for a dunk at the end of the game and apparently he got drilled...i know some guys on that team that said they wish they would have hurt peabody bcuz that isnt how you play the game and it doesnt show respect the other team also look at tomlinson after they lost to the patriots

amundson mite not respect the minot team actually the coach really i said it before respect has to be earned and it is a good way to lose respect when you talk about someones team in the paper like he did

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:28 pm

that doesnt matter beating a team by 20 embarrasses any coach who cares tell me what gives mandans coach the right to embarass the girls on that team more than beating them by 20 but instead he has to act like a cocky middle school kid trying to get back at someone for making fun of them
smart source

Postby Deuce » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:38 pm

Last edited by Deuce on Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:45 pm

smart source wrote:that doesnt matter beating a team by 20 embarrasses any coach who cares tell me what gives mandans coach the right to embarass the girls on that team more than beating them by 20 but instead he has to act like a cocky middle school kid trying to get back at someone for making fun of them

of course he has that right he can blow out any team he wants to with the acception of century cocky middle school kid does that make minots coach the stuck up girl who talks behind his back seriously that analogy sucked the minot girls mite not have got wut they deserved but their coach prolly learned his lesson and if beatin a team by 20 embarrasses a coach wut is it like when he wins by 60 with his bench?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:00 pm

if he didnt keep his starters in it would be a totally different story cuz u cant tell ur team to just stop trying but you can take ur starters out and if ur bench players keep running up the score than so be it....im sure that your the type of person that if one of mandans starters would have gotta seriously hurt say tore her acl because a minot girl intentionally fouled her hard would have said thats bush but in all reality their coach is asking for it (and by the way how would it be talking behind his back if he publically annouced it?)
Last edited by smart source on Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:06 pm

smart source wrote:if he didnt keep his starters in it would be a totally different story cuz u cant tell ur team to just stop trying but you can take ur starters out and if ur bench players keep running up the score than so be it....im sure that your the type of person that if one of mandans starters would have gotta seriously hurt say tore her acl because a minot girl intentionally fouled her hard would have said thats bush but in all reality their coach is asking for it (and by the way how would it be talking behind his back if he publically annouced it?)

it wuznt as i said the analogy sucked and if u were at the game which i was by the way i would say that the starters played wut they usually do the difference wuz they pressed a lot harder

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:10 pm

I'll not be able to even mention Minot without thinking of Tayna Harding...:D  If you can't beat 'em.... whack 'em in the knee caps.  That's some program they got there.  You guys must have been busy when Fargo South whooped ya in FB.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:33 pm

no bcuz fargo didnt have your starters in..but look at it from this way i play baseball and if im pitching and we are losing by 8 or 9 runs and the opposing team is doing bat flips and saying stuff im looking for ear holes on that mound and if you dont believe that every team at any level does the exact same thing you are full of crap and you havnt played on a competative team
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:35 pm

smart source wrote:no bcuz fargo didnt have your starters in..but look at it from this way i play baseball and if im pitching and we are losing by 8 or 9 runs and the opposing team is doing bat flips and saying stuff im looking for ear holes on that mound and if you dont believe that every team at any level does the exact same thing you are full of crap and you havnt played on a competative team

no i dont believe wut u r saying maybe in baseball but in girls basketball i dont see players taking cheap shots and really who on minot is gonnna try and hit kielpinski she could prolly take out the entire team

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:39 pm

haha that doesnt matter if a girl could take out an entire team especially if she was hurt b4 it from someone takin her out
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:40 pm

smart source wrote:haha that doesnt matter if a girl could take out an entire team especially if she was hurt b4 it from someone takin her out

here is wut would probably happen if someone gave kielpinski a cheap shot jus my take on it they would get jumped after the game but this is old now cuz nobody will do that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics