Mandan Recruitment...everybody knows it!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:32 am

If i was a girls basketball player and was gifted at the sport, well then no doubt about it i would do anything i could to play at mandan to get my college payed for, like almost all of his starters do.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Diamond D » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:32 am

"I would suggest you have a few open gyms, get the girls on the weights, convince them and their parents that spending huge chunks of cash on trips to Wisc., vegas, Hawaii are a better plan than saving for college. "

I can agree with the open gym and weight room, but spending huge chunks of cash better than saving for college???  wow.

Wouldn't matter if my daughter was going to be Ms. Basketball, she better be thinking about her education first.

Diamond D

Postby kel20Nd » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:02 pm

[align=left]Haha thats mandan basketball its not a hobby its a job.
[/align]
kel20Nd

Postby baseball18 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:12 am

Did Shauna Knife go to Mandan?  Or didnt Mandan recruit her hard enough?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 am

Have you ever driven through Mandan in the summer?

Have you noticed the car washes?

The girls team is out fundraising as much as they are practicing, lifting, and traveling. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:05 am

baseball18 wrote:Did Shauna Knife go to Mandan?  Or didnt Mandan recruit her hard enough?

i love these stupid comments by people since mandan doesnt need to recruit cuz with the teams they have now they will be great for the next 5 years

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:54 am

I think that post was solely for the purpose of taking a shot at Mandan.   But maybe baseball18 just didn't read the rest of the thread.

But Tiger Pride brings up a good point.  It takes money to travel to all those tournaments in San Diego, Las Vegas, Wisconsin etc.  Mandan has one of the best fund raising programs I'm aware of.  To Wisconsin they even bring the entire program from 4th grade up.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justbecause » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:00 pm

Keep talking high of Mandan, cause I guarantee you Century Patriots are gonna give them a run for the money. No, I'm not associated with CHS in any way, I've just been watching both teams the past 3 years, and CHS truly has the TALENT, and with 5 senior starters, CHS is gonna want it more than ever.  Just Watch!!!   This is the year!  I'm telling you all!!  CHS vs Mandan DECEMBER 14th!  Stay posted....  Mandan has been bragged up, way beyond their ability.  What has happened now, is a mental game.  Every opponent of Mandan, is scared -> Except one team, CHS.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:19 pm

mandan has been bragged up but not beyond their ability that said i hope it is a good game

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Strike3? » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:20 pm

CHS will be really good also and if they dont beat Mandan during the regular season no one else will, but when it comes down to the state tournament no ones going to stop Mandan.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sports-38 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:32 pm

justbecause wrote:The story that I've heard circulating, is these players just by accident come to Mandan and play for him.  haha

You wonder why Amundson hasn't been coach of the year recently!

Amundson hasnt been coach of the year recently because he is expected to win. He is also up for the National High School girls coach of the year award again this year. He was a finalist a few years ago.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports-38 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:35 pm

Amundson is a great coach, he coaches and rides on his players, getting the best out of them every night, just like he taught his kids. His daughter Jaye Amundson is a former miss basketball and his son Aaron is a great baseball player, and is a bullpen catcher for the Twins.
sports-38
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballplayer15 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:58 pm

ok stop hatin minot is terible so he hated really hard simple as that im not a fan of mandan basketball but there the best and thats that
ballplayer15

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:38 am

justbecause wrote:Keep talking high of Mandan, cause I guarantee you Century Patriots are gonna give them a run for the money. No, I'm not associated with CHS in any way, I've just been watching both teams the past 3 years, and CHS truly has the TALENT, and with 5 senior starters, CHS is gonna want it more than ever.  Just Watch!!!   This is the year!  I'm telling you all!!  CHS vs Mandan DECEMBER 14th!  Stay posted....  Mandan has been bragged up, way beyond their ability.  What has happened now, is a mental game.  Every opponent of Mandan, is scared -> Except one team, CHS.

Century has 5 seniors starting, mandan has 3 three though they have 6 on the team. That mean mandan's having juniors and sophmores out there with always makes there seniors better. I don't believe Century has 2 Mcdonalds all-american finalists on their team. So if Mandan gets bragged it is not because people think there going to be good. Everyone knows they are going to be good.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballplayer15 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:59 am

Ditka14 wrote:
justbecause wrote:Keep talking high of Mandan, cause I guarantee you Century Patriots are gonna give them a run for the money. No, I'm not associated with CHS in any way, I've just been watching both teams the past 3 years, and CHS truly has the TALENT, and with 5 senior starters, CHS is gonna want it more than ever.  Just Watch!!!   This is the year!  I'm telling you all!!  CHS vs Mandan DECEMBER 14th!  Stay posted....  Mandan has been bragged up, way beyond their ability.  What has happened now, is a mental game.  Every opponent of Mandan, is scared -> Except one team, CHS.

Century has 5 seniors starting, mandan has 3 three though they have 6 on the team. That mean mandan's having juniors and sophmores out there with always makes there seniors better. I don't believe Century has 2 Mcdonalds all-american finalists on their team. So if Mandan gets bragged it is not because people think there going to be good. Everyone knows they are going to be good.

there bragged up beyond there ability come on now i wouldnt say all that they have the best player in the state hands down the best coach in the state hands down and the hardest working players and i garentee mandan girls arnt listening to what anyone else thinks and century is good too they will be the only chance that being said who all here thinks century has  a chance to upset the braves this year
ballplayer15

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:01 am

thenextbigthing wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

there bragged up beyond there ability come on now i wouldnt say all that they have the best player in the state hands down the best coach in the state hands down and the hardest working players and i garentee mandan girls arnt listening to what anyone else thinks and century is good too they will be the only chance that being said who all here thinks century has  a chance to upset the braves this year

personally i think century should throw the games during the season, and wait till the championship against Mandan if they make it cause it only fuels the fire more for amundson and his girls when they get beat. Look at two years ago century beat Mandan in the West Region championship, the braves walked through the tournament when everyone thought Century beat them the week before they were going to roll over them, and Mandan came with fire in their eyes and rolled all over them.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby justbecause » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:47 am

Well I was right. CHS WON!!!  Mandan really isn't the team everyone thinks they are.  Its just a mental game from here on out!
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:02 am

justbecause wrote:Well I was right. CHS WON!!!  Mandan really isn't the team everyone thinks they are.  Its just a mental game from here on out!

Mandan really is the team everyone thinks they are as they lost last year and the year before and still won state so them losing almost makes it more like the last two years

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justbecause » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:22 am

I'll see what you have to say after WDA, and I will see what you have to say after  the State Championship.  You just might lose!  Wouldn't be a bad idea preparing your defeatment statement.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:13 am

I am sure that Mandan is already planning their strategiery as well as the defeatment statements.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:11 pm

justbecause wrote:I'll see what you have to say after WDA, and I will see what you have to say after  the State Championship.  You just might lose!  Wouldn't be a bad idea preparing your defeatment statement.

you are way to confident in century they choke at state if you dont realize this

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:18 pm

Mandan shot 30% from the field first half that will never happen again for that team, its just like the last three years century has beat them, and they had walked away easy with the rest, no worry's yet for mandan at this point. Amundson will have their heads on straight the rest of the way.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:23 pm

How can you say they walked away with it?  The last two years any game played between them was decided by less than ten points.  Get over yourselves. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:34 pm

demonfan74 wrote:How can you say they walked away with it?  The last two years any game played between them was decided by less than ten points.  Get over yourselves. 

10 points? They lost 48-35 in the 2005 state-ship
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:51 am

I heard that an official petition has been filed with the NDHSAA against Mandan and its recruiting tactics.  Rumor is that they have about 6-7 players that Amundson tried to get and didn't to testify.

Not sure the validity, but that is what is going around.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics