Mandan Recruitment...everybody knows it!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:46 am

its very funny that in the article he says mandan has 5 new transfers this year. when they actually have 0 finlee came to mandan last year. i can think of maybe 3-4 transfers in the past few years
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby minotfan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:49 am

Mandan's coach has also called a girl from Minot trying to get her to go there im not going to say her name though but im sure you can guess who it is.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:09 pm

minotfan wrote:Mandan's coach has also called a girl from Minot trying to get her to go there im not going to say her name though but im sure you can guess who it is.

maybe he has but i would put my money on you having no clue what your talking about
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JoJo1111 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:51 pm

i am going to go with threeball on this one... bet you any money there is NOONE from minot that amundson is calling...why is everyone so accusatory of amundson and recruiting... when NO ONE has brought any proof to these acusations.... put some proof in this forum... this subject is a bit worn out with ... I heard so and so and what and what... who has the proof... i would love to see it.  and as for the comments about mandan and bad education and dumpy... well, thats about as low as it goes... I would really like to see a grade/act score comparison amongst the seniors on all the teams across the state... i bet the seniors on the mandan girls team would compare quite nicely if not beat the pants off of other senior girls bb players... wow people... put some facts in this forum instead of so and so and what and what.... this is simply low ball green jealousy commentary.
JoJo1111
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:34 pm

kel20Nd wrote:I dont understand why you think we get a bad education at mandan just cause are school is a dump.  Bismarck schools are teaching the same stuff as Mandan.  You think if your from Mandan you are a pot head and alcoholic, lets just say you guys arent angels either.  Sorry Bismarck you guys are just the same as Mandan, except are girls team wins and thats why every girl wants to play for Mandan.

JoJo...the only person on this forum that has called the school a dump is someone that actually goes there, so does that still make it low if it comes from one of your own???
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:45 pm

JoJo1111 wrote:i am going to go with threeball on this one... bet you any money there is NOONE from minot that amundson is calling...why is everyone so accusatory of amundson and recruiting... when NO ONE has brought any proof to these acusations.... put some proof in this forum... this subject is a bit worn out with ... I heard so and so and what and what... who has the proof... i would love to see it.  and as for the comments about mandan and bad education and dumpy... well, thats about as low as it goes... I would really like to see a grade/act score comparison amongst the seniors on all the teams across the state... i bet the seniors on the mandan girls team would compare quite nicely if not beat the pants off of other senior girls bb players... wow people... put some facts in this forum instead of so and so and what and what.... this is simply low ball green jealousy commentary.

actually i would be willing to bet the st. mary's and shiloh girls would beat the pants off of anyone with their act scores but this is a different story
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby JoJo1111 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:45 pm

Good point baller... sorry about that, my mistake... but it doesnt excuse the comments about poor education in mandan etc... and i still would like to see all the proof of recruiting. If anyone has that, let if fly... and sad on the dude or dudette that called mandan a dump... every community has the good, the bad, and the ugly... thats just the reality of it.  Thanks for your point baller.
JoJo1111
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sports24 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:25 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:Not necessarily.  A few years back he tried to get another girl off of a reservation by calling her non stop.  She didn't want to go and her coach intervened and made him stop.  Don't ask me for a name or a team because I do not know, however, the source is reliable. 

Also, the purpose of high school is to receive an education.  Extra curricular activities are just that - extra.  I'm not saying they can't get an education at mandan, but they can get a better education elsewhere.

so is bismarck a better place to recieve education? you proboly going to say yes, so then you throw in the EXTRA=which is Mandan Girls bball, and its an easy decision, im getting the same diploma you are from mandan as to bismarck layoff the little inside cracks at mandan. four of the girls on that team are well educated and are at the top 20 of our senior class. So obviously amundson makes sure education comes first, then winning state titles

to go along with the education topic...kraft i believe has accepted an ACADEMIC scholarship to go to Creighton University...not a basketball scholarship
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:51 am

threeball wrote:its very funny that in the article he says mandan has 5 new transfers this year. when they actually have 0 finlee came to mandan last year. i can think of maybe 3-4 transfers in the past few years

Also kind of funny that Finley ended up a Four Winds a few years back when the old coach had a couple of good daughters and some other players also transferred there.  Now the old coach left, Finley left after last season and Four Winds gets beat by 50 every night.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:00 am

sports24 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:Not necessarily.  A few years back he tried to get another girl off of a reservation by calling her non stop.  She didn't want to go and her coach intervened and made him stop.  Don't ask me for a name or a team because I do not know, however, the source is reliable. 

Also, the purpose of high school is to receive an education.  Extra curricular activities are just that - extra.  I'm not saying they can't get an education at mandan, but they can get a better education elsewhere.

so is bismarck a better place to recieve education? you proboly going to say yes, so then you throw in the EXTRA=which is Mandan Girls bball, and its an easy decision, im getting the same diploma you are from mandan as to bismarck layoff the little inside cracks at mandan. four of the girls on that team are well educated and are at the top 20 of our senior class. So obviously amundson makes sure education comes first, then winning state titles

to go along with the education topic...kraft i believe has accepted an ACADEMIC scholarship to go to Creighton University...not a basketball scholarship

Getting an academic scholorship is great, but basically anyone can get one if they have a C average; it is just a matter of how much.  Also I wasn't targeting the basketball team; I am talking about the school overall.  I am sure their players have exceptional grades, most female athletes do have better grades than the average female student.  But if players are saying they are transferring for the education, that is dead wrong.  So quit using that excuse. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 am

JoJo1111 wrote:Good point baller... sorry about that, my mistake... but it doesnt excuse the comments about poor education in mandan etc... and i still would like to see all the proof of recruiting. If anyone has that, let if fly... and sad on the dude or dudette that called mandan a dump... every community has the good, the bad, and the ugly... thats just the reality of it.  Thanks for your point baller.

Isn't the proof that all of these transfers are attending mandan?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:32 am

demonfan74 wrote:
JoJo1111 wrote:Good point baller... sorry about that, my mistake... but it doesnt excuse the comments about poor education in mandan etc... and i still would like to see all the proof of recruiting. If anyone has that, let if fly... and sad on the dude or dudette that called mandan a dump... every community has the good, the bad, and the ugly... thats just the reality of it.  Thanks for your point baller.

Did you think before posting this demonfan? i really dont feel like repeating this when i would think its common sense. If female basketball moves to mandan bismarck where do you think she is going to want to go to school? ill let you think about that one.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 am

cardinal10 wrote:
threeball wrote:its very funny that in the article he says mandan has 5 new transfers this year. when they actually have 0 finlee came to mandan last year. i can think of maybe 3-4 transfers in the past few years

Also kind of funny that Finley ended up a Four Winds a few years back when the old coach had a couple of good daughters and some other players also transferred there.  Now the old coach left, Finley left after last season and Four Winds gets beat by 50 every night.

whats the funny part

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:20 am

not very many parents just say o hey daughter we are thinkin about moving where do you want us to move to
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:23 am

smart source wrote:not very many parents just say o hey daughter we are thinkin about moving where do you want us to move to

i would bet a lot would say we are going to work at the capitol do you want to go to bhs or mhs or chs or stmarys

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:48 am

and mandan would be your first choice just bcuz they have a good girls bball team?
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:38 am

smart source wrote:and mandan would be your first choice just bcuz they have a good girls bball team?

depends on who the kid is think about it a lil bit if you are a good wrestler your gonna go to bhs if ur a track god your gonna go to bhs if you love girls basketball your gonna go mandan if you go to church 5 times a week you are gonna go to st marys it all depends on the person

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:53 am

demonfan74 wrote:

I knew there was a discrepency in graduation rates but I did not realize it was this big.

Bismarck school district graduation rate = 98.1%

Mandan School district = 74.3%

http://www.all4ed.org/states2/North%20Dakota/index.html
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby JoJo1111 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:14 am

Baller wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

I knew there was a discrepency in graduation rates but I did not realize it was this big.

Bismarck school district graduation rate = 98.1%

Mandan School district = 74.3%

http://www.all4ed.org/states2/North%20Dakota/index.html
First of all demonfan... I doubt a division one university like creighton would give a C student an academic scholarship... unless the ACT score was 30 or higher.... and then the challenge would be why did the c student not study harder if they can 30 or more an ACT.... so to say that academic scholarhips are handed out like candy... to a top rated school like creighton is oh.. incorrect.... and baller... how does the graduation rates have anything to do with the quality of education... i think one has to look at why these kids are not graduating more than say the education there is bad because the percentage is less than bismarck... or what are you trying to say ... because in looking at the site... we have a state wide problem versus just a mandan bismarck issue...
JoJo1111
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:40 am

All that I am doing is posting facts.  i am not even sure if I have an opinion.  The people wanted facts, that is what I give.

JoJo, the graduation rate in this state is actually very good if compared to the national average and why Mandan is consistenly one of the lower districts in the state is only a fact.

http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/cs_compare/nd/?level=h&area=m&street=800+N+8th+St&city=Bismarck&zip=58501&miles=1000&lat=46.8127&lon=-100.7801&sortby=distance&school_selected=6&ids=6,24,7,312,2,371,667,457,215,516&showall=1&tab=acad

This is a link that shows that Century's percent of proficiency on the North Dakota State Assessment is much higher than that of BHS or Mandan and MAndan ranks the lowest of the three.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:01 am

what does this have to do with mandan not recruiting?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:01 am

Mandans an easy school granted, doesn't mean its a bad school, but the ones that arn't graduating arn't playing sports so it makes no sense to bring that into this topic. Then your going to bring in go to bismarck for your education and play bball, but its an easy answer 4-state titles in a row, or go play for a team over in bismarck that trys real hard and have BSC recruit me for playing ball like there stars gilbertson and didie, or i can go to mandan and have D-I or D-II schools looking at me.

I will put money on it there is not one girl on mandan's varisty that has lower then a 3.0 GPA

How many girls basketball players have played D-II or D-I out of bismarck? Mandan has plenty, an im sure amundson can get all the starting 5 at mandan athletic scholarships anywhere in the state, what team could say that? 
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:05 am

Finlee being recruited is stupid to say what is amundson offering her and her family free bording at the mandan dorms? Paid education? Free meals? Books are paid for? Last time i checked it was open enrollment in the bis-man area so whereever anyone goes its there decison. And amundson is not paying for the school its america high school education is free in public schools. Plus why wouldn't you move to a bigger city from Class-B more money and job oppurtunitys.

Last edited by Ditka14 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Uptown » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:54 am

ok people.... i sit in the stands of century, bismarck, st. marys and mandan... i have been reading this forum for a while.... i am only a fan.. no parent no children.... i would like to get back to the main subject.... instead of commenting on which school is better or not... knowing what i know, ND education is excellent... these kids get what they put into it... so lets get down to grass roots and blame the parents... NOW.... who has the proof and where is the proof that amundson recruits.... bring the proof to the forum.... if mandan stinks for education... then amundson cant be enticing them to come there to play.... so that is not proof... what else you folks got????? 
Uptown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:36 pm

if that it was true he was callin a minot girl to play for mandan would that be proof enough?
smart source

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics