Mandan Recruitment...everybody knows it!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:58 pm

JoJo1111 wrote:
Baller wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
JoJo1111 wrote:Good point baller... sorry about that, my mistake... but it doesnt excuse the comments about poor education in mandan etc... and i still would like to see all the proof of recruiting. If anyone has that, let if fly... and sad on the dude or dudette that called mandan a dump... every community has the good, the bad, and the ugly... thats just the reality of it.  Thanks for your point baller.

Isn't the proof that all of these transfers are attending mandan?

I knew there was a discrepency in graduation rates but I did not realize it was this big.

Bismarck school district graduation rate = 98.1%

Mandan School district = 74.3%

http://www.all4ed.org/states2/North%20Dakota/index.html
First of all demonfan... I doubt a division one university like creighton would give a C student an academic scholarship... unless the ACT score was 30 or higher.... and then the challenge would be why did the c student not study harder if they can 30 or more an ACT.... so to say that academic scholarhips are handed out like candy... to a top rated school like creighton is oh.. incorrect.... and baller... how does the graduation rates have anything to do with the quality of education... i think one has to look at why these kids are not graduating more than say the education there is bad because the percentage is less than bismarck... or what are you trying to say ... because in looking at the site... we have a state wide problem versus just a mandan bismarck issue...

I don't believe I mentioned Kraft or Creighton in my post.  I was simply stating anyone with a C average could get a scholarship; even if it is $500, it is still a scholarship.  

I think baller has an excellent post.  If your saying the school has nothing to do with graduation rates, that is an ignorant response.  They may not deserve all of the blame, but to say they are at no fault is rediculous.  They should help those students do whatever it takes to get a diploma.  I think the test scores are what reflect teaching. 

Lastly, the parents should take part of the blame.  Weren't they the ones who didn't want to raise taxes a few years ago to rebuild mandan middle school? What is that?  Putting your money before your kid's education is pathetic.  
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 pm

cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:and mandan would be your first choice just bcuz they have a good girls bball team?

depends on who the kid is think about it a lil bit if you are a good wrestler your gonna go to bhs if ur a track god your gonna go to bhs if you love girls basketball your gonna go mandan if you go to church 5 times a week you are gonna go to st marys it all depends on the person

we dont go to church 5 times a week
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:08 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
JoJo1111 wrote:
Baller wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
JoJo1111 wrote:Good point baller... sorry about that, my mistake... but it doesnt excuse the comments about poor education in mandan etc... and i still would like to see all the proof of recruiting. If anyone has that, let if fly... and sad on the dude or dudette that called mandan a dump... every community has the good, the bad, and the ugly... thats just the reality of it.  Thanks for your point baller.

Isn't the proof that all of these transfers are attending mandan?

I knew there was a discrepency in graduation rates but I did not realize it was this big.

Bismarck school district graduation rate = 98.1%

Mandan School district = 74.3%

http://www.all4ed.org/states2/North%20Dakota/index.html
First of all demonfan... I doubt a division one university like creighton would give a C student an academic scholarship... unless the ACT score was 30 or higher.... and then the challenge would be why did the c student not study harder if they can 30 or more an ACT.... so to say that academic scholarhips are handed out like candy... to a top rated school like creighton is oh.. incorrect.... and baller... how does the graduation rates have anything to do with the quality of education... i think one has to look at why these kids are not graduating more than say the education there is bad because the percentage is less than bismarck... or what are you trying to say ... because in looking at the site... we have a state wide problem versus just a mandan bismarck issue...

I don't believe I mentioned Kraft or Creighton in my post.  I was simply stating anyone with a C average could get a scholarship; even if it is $500, it is still a scholarship.  

I think baller has an excellent post.  If your saying the school has nothing to do with graduation rates, that is an ignorant response.  They may not deserve all of the blame, but to say they are at no fault is rediculous.  They should help those students do whatever it takes to get a diploma.  I think the test scores are what reflect teaching. 

Lastly, the parents should take part of the blame.  Weren't they the ones who didn't want to raise taxes a few years ago to rebuild mandan middle school? What is that?  Putting your money before your kid's education is pathetic.  

you tell me one college that is going to give money to a person with a C average? This is a topic about girls basketball, we don't need to get another page on graduation rates, better teaching, etc... Move on to bigger and better things that is this group of girls that are still ranked in the nation don't hate on them for what they have accoplished to do so far, and what this has done for our state. Only girl's that have moved to mandan to play bball over the last three years are rogers and finlee, no more. If they get someone next year to move in then you could make a believer out of me.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:11 pm

So when knife from belcourt moves here, you will believe what everyone else in the state is saying? Okay, we will have to wait six months to make a believer out of you.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDHoops » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Why Natives would choose Mandan over BHS:

Well a while back a Native girl told me that she was a very good player for a small school in North Dakota...she played varsity at that school since her seventh grade year and was an excellent player. She transferred to Bismarck High when her she moved to Bismarck with her mother. She said the coach there was very racist and kept making excuses as to why she and her friend couldn't play on the team. Finally, they just gave up and finished out their schooling there. Instead of straight up telling the players "you can't play because your cut", they kept lying to make up more excuses. And two players in their senior year of all years. This has been in the Native circuit for a while, so BHS has a bad rep. Plus Mandan coach used to coach on the rez and I know Natives have always kept up on how he's been doing lately. This could explain the coach talking to the Belcourt player's family. Demons, if you guys want players to chose your school, then quit being racist and give Natives a chance, maybe more players would want to go to your school
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:45 pm

Ming01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
smart source wrote:and mandan would be your first choice just bcuz they have a good girls bball team?

depends on who the kid is think about it a lil bit if you are a good wrestler your gonna go to bhs if ur a track god your gonna go to bhs if you love girls basketball your gonna go mandan if you go to church 5 times a week you are gonna go to st marys it all depends on the person

we dont go to church 5 times a week

i know you dont i was trying to make a point that if you are really religious you are prolly gonna end up at st marys and not bhs chs or mhs

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm

smart source wrote:if that it was true he was callin a minot girl to play for mandan would that be proof enough?

not really but who is they girl have her come and tell me and then i will prolly believe her

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm

SDHoops wrote:Why Natives would choose Mandan over BHS:

Well a while back a Native girl told me that she was a very good player for a small school in North Dakota...she played varsity at that school since her seventh grade year and was an excellent player. She transferred to Bismarck High when her she moved to Bismarck with her mother. She said the coach there was very racist and kept making excuses as to why she and her friend couldn't play on the team. Finally, they just gave up and finished out their schooling there. Instead of straight up telling the players "you can't play because your cut", they kept lying to make up more excuses. And two players in their senior year of all years. This has been in the Native circuit for a while, so BHS has a bad rep. Plus Mandan coach used to coach on the rez and I know Natives have always kept up on how he's been doing lately. This could explain the coach talking to the Belcourt player's family. Demons, if you guys want players to chose your school, then quit being racist and give Natives a chance, maybe more players would want to go to your school

Im glad you made that point cause i didn't, i have not seen one native american girl on BHS or CHS before, so that could be a big possibility. I was thinking that but didn't want to start a racism topic.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:48 pm

SDHoops wrote:Why Natives would choose Mandan over BHS:

i wasnt going to make this comment but now that you did i agree with what you are saying also mandan has many minorities in their school im not sure about bismarck but we got alot so that could be part of the reason not alot of racists in our school

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:32 am

recruting is one topic, but insuiating racism into this conversation is not recommended.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:09 am

point/center wrote:recruting is one topic, but insuiating racism into this conversation is not recommended.

people keep wondering why now they have an answer as to why people go to mandan maybe they stop complaining now

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cardinal10 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 am

cdub1 wrote:
cardinal10 wrote:
threeball wrote:its very funny that in the article he says mandan has 5 new transfers this year. when they actually have 0 finlee came to mandan last year. i can think of maybe 3-4 transfers in the past few years

Also kind of funny that Finley ended up a Four Winds a few years back when the old coach had a couple of good daughters and some other players also transferred there.  Now the old coach left, Finley left after last season and Four Winds gets beat by 50 every night.

whats the funny part

You are right... not funny...but interesting.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:04 am

cdub1 wrote:
point/center wrote:recruting is one topic, but insuiating racism into this conversation is not recommended.

people keep wondering why now they have an answer as to why people go to mandan maybe they stop complaining now

I can guarantee you that neither Jeske nor Meier would sit a girl that is good enough to play because she is Native American.  Meier has had Native Americans on his teams when he coached at St. Mary's.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:58 am

this post has gone to far off track. including race into playing time isnt producitve. with the agreement of several mods and the administrator this thread is locked.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics