Johnny Lester

No smack talk is allowed here.

Johnny Lester

Postby gomagi » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Does anyone think that Johnny lester from Minot State could actually be drafted. He was the best WR in the DAC last year. I am asking because he participated in Pro Day at NDSU last week.
gomagi
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Johnny Lester

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Never heard of him. I'm assuming he wasn't invited to the combine? If so, he has no chance. I don't think any of the NDSU guys that participated will be drafted either. Some will probably sign some FA contracts, assuming the players still aren't locked out.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Flip wrote:Never heard of him. I'm assuming he wasn't invited to the combine? If so, he has no chance. I don't think any of the NDSU guys that participated will be drafted either. Some will probably sign some FA contracts, assuming the players still aren't locked out.

Best return man in NAIA I would venture to say. He had I think he had a couple returns his junior year, and probably around 7-9 his senior year. He probably had anywhere from 5-8 his sophmore year. He brought 2 back against Bemidji.

He was a good receiver because of his explosiveness, but that part of his play was a project. He was a Devin Hester receiver.

This is the first two games of 2008 (sophmore year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfimkNQv ... re=related

This is of 2009 (junior year)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHU5__kA ... re=related

Unfornutately I can't find his senior year. That is the year they actually used him more in the offense. They ran lots of sweeps to just hand him the ball and let him go.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:30 pm

I think he has a better chance of getting drafted in the CFL than signing a free agent contract with an NFL team. (He won't get drafted by an NFL team.) Returning kicks/punts in the NAIA is a totally different world than doing it in the NFL.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I think he has a better chance of getting drafted in the CFL than signing a free agent contract with an NFL team. (He won't get drafted by an NFL team.) Returning kicks/punts in the NAIA is a totally different world than doing it in the NFL.

I agree. He'd be better off going to CFL like Weston Dressler did.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Gatlin is a projected 4-6 round pick actually. Other than that, I don't believe anyone at the NDSU pro day will get drafted.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah CFL sounds like the place for him.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges