Mayville State FB

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: Mayville State FB

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
horne98 wrote:I know tony evanstad who graduated in 07 has committed to play next season. He will most likely be a safety. Very athletic and has good strength. Hillsboro only graduated a number of players from this years team. Mayville would be happy and lucky to get any of those players.

speakin of H-N players...i know this is the Mayville State topic, but the other day i saw on VCSU recruiting list that they signed ex all state running back Blake Prosser, anyone know if thats true?

Somebody on the DAC board mentioned that he was also going to VCSU so I'd bet that he probably is.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Sorry that I am out of the Loop is Evanstad from Northwood?? Whos is his dad?
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Mayville State has announced the signing of their first batch of recruits. This is just the list of local recruits, there is a full list located on their website.

QB/DB Carpenter Tanner 5' 10 190 N. Border-Walhalla Pembina ND

QB Evanstad Tony 6' 0 190 Northwood HS ND State Science Northwood ND

WR/DB Schwartz Scott 5' 11 170 GF Central Manvelle ND

OL/DL Hubble Nick 6' 1 270 Glenburn Lansford ND

QB/DB Fixen Tyler 5' 10 155 Watford City Alexander ND

DL Stoppleworth Taylor 6’ 0 210 Gwinner Gwinner ND

DB/WR Rogers Justin 5' 10 165 Pillager HS Pillager MN

RB/DB Larson David 5' 9 185 Deer River Hibbing Deer River MN

DE Popovich Justin 6’ 1 205 Rockford Rockford MN

WR Coauette Cody 6’ 3 190 Fertile-Beltrami Fertile MN

DE Holland James 6’ 0 205 Barnesville Barnesville MN
PA42

Postby rep » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:46 pm

interrupting quickly, i don't think masu's problem has ever been getting kids to come there. i think their problem has been keeping them longer than a year or two.

so to me, any kind of long-term success hinges on not just bringing kids in as freshmen, it is making sure that the freshmen are happy with the program when they become sophomores, juniors and seniors. still, you have to start somewhere.

*jumps right back out of the conversation as quickly as he jumped in...like a bunny*
rep

Postby PA42 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:39 pm

couldn't agree with you more rep. scc, i think we will have to wait for the first game of next season to answer the question. Right now they return 15 starters but i am waiting to see if they all return. And eight of those starters will be seniors so it will be interesting to see. This was the first year in a while I have seen eight seniors on the comet, roster and that tells you something.
PA42

Postby busch3434 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:10 am

that is true...they have 15 starters back, however the question of who will come back can go to rest because coming from them all directly they are coming back. also, there is fairly good balance with i think 8 being on offense and 7 on defense. i have also met quite a few of the recruits and they are all very happy with the head coach and fully intend on staying. the real major thing that can change that is what major the kids decide to undertake. i do look for an improvement on the comets part this year, however it depends on how healthy the o-line can stay since they are thin there, quarterback play and the ability of the LB's to pick up the slack of losing a couple very good linebackers in Dominic Vargas and Karson Storey. i know these are alot of things but from previous years much less.
busch3434
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:18 pm

The comets are off to a 1-1 record after losing to Crookston and Wisc. Lutheran. The comets will be similar to last year, but may win one or two games. Tanner Charpenter is their kicker and punter and has done a nice job so far. I think Mayville State will compete in nearly all of their games like they did last season.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges