Umary Mens Basketball

No smack talk is allowed here.

Umary Mens Basketball

Postby 88fan4life » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:09 pm

What do people think about how well the marauders will do this year??
88fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Umary Mens Basketball

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:29 am

they got dominated by NDSU tonight 80-40

But they look like a solid D2 team. They need some help inside tho
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:36 am

They have a decent D2 backcourt, but have absolutely no frontcourt. Their centers woudl rather face up and shoot a jumper then use a back to the basket game. The loss of Kick really hurts them. he could play anywhere from the 2 to the 5. what was if Geoff west? injured or why wasnt he playing?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 am

i think the Mary vs. NDSU game proved why WIlhelm, Behlovek, and Bakkum could never play Division 1
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:24 pm

baseball18 wrote:think the Mary vs. NDSU game proved why WIlhelm, Behlovek, and Bakkum could never play Division 1

I will respectfully disagree. If they would have went to a Juco first and played 2 strong years there, at least one of them could have probably had a chance at the D-1 level. That is the advantage over the D-2 four year schools. Once you are there, you are there for 4 years (for the most part). You play 2 strong years at a respectable Juco D-1 school and you have the chance to go alot of places.

If memory is correct, I thought a strong Juco down in Kansas as well as LRSC was highly interested in Behlovek. I am sure NDSCS and WSC had all done a little recruiting on these guys as well.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:51 pm

baseball18 wrote:i think the Mary vs. NDSU game proved why WIlhelm, Behlovek, and Bakkum could never play Division 1

I also have to disagree with you. They might not be playing at the best D1 schools, but I will say I have played 10 guys going D1 who don't have half of the skills Wilhelm did.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:02 am

I think UMary's problems are because of Pintar's recruiting. How many 6 foot something shooting guards does a team need? They have no bigs that can compete with the better D2 and any D1 team.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:10 pm

I think belohlavek n bakkum should have went the judo route, they dont play to often..the games I've watched anyways..wilhelm could play d1, hes a tough player n gets alot of minutes..Mary jus needs guys who can play wit there backs to the baskets n maybe more guys like wilhelm n erdmann who can play the 2 n 3 spots effectively
ball23

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:38 am

ball23 wrote:I think belohlavek n bakkum should have went the judo route, they dont play to often..the games I've watched anyways..wilhelm could play d1, hes a tough player n gets alot of minutes..Mary jus needs guys who can play wit there backs to the baskets n maybe more guys like wilhelm n erdmann who can play the 2 n 3 spots effectively

Juco, and, just, with, and, and, and. TYPE
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ball23 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:50 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ball23 wrote:I think belohlavek n bakkum should have went the judo route, they dont play to often..the games I've watched anyways..wilhelm could play d1, hes a tough player n gets alot of minutes..Mary jus needs guys who can play wit there backs to the baskets n maybe more guys like wilhelm n erdmann who can play the 2 n 3 spots effectively

Juco, and, just, with, and, and, and. TYPE

oops! my badd Tha Schwaab :lol: hahaha!
ball23

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges