DeMarcus Rideaux

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby ndfan » Mon May 15, 2006 4:34 pm

DeMarcus Rideaux a cornerback who played at Mayville State signed a two year deal with the Bengals. Needs to keep working hard though nothings guaranteed in the NFL especially contracts. Best of luck to him.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon May 15, 2006 5:55 pm

i don't want this to come off the wrong way, but seriously, a mayville state player made it to the nfl???

the comets had some good players a few years ago (john hardy and jason washington come to mind quickly) but i thought they were going through some pretty tough times?
rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon May 15, 2006 6:20 pm

Jason Washington????????????  Kid from Nevada??????

Mayville had a decent secondary the last couple of years.  When you can't stop the run it really doesn't matter how great the pass D is.

Either last year or the year before they had a AC LB and a AC CB.  Can't remeber the names.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon May 15, 2006 6:30 pm

Yeah I hear ya what your saying rep. The thing with DeMarcus is he is a very good athlete, but I think the knock on him is he is very injury prone (I could be wrong on that). I had heard that he had somewhere around 18 NFL scouts come out and watch him play. I don't see him actually getting on the field but who knows.

The Comets are going through tough times University wise and football wise. All give ya some stats on MaSU football and how tough its been.

The past four seasons (40 games) Mayville has only won 6 games, they have scored 545 points, they have given up 1277 points, and had been shut out in 9 games. It only got worse and not better at Mayville the past four years.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon May 15, 2006 6:46 pm

yup...refering to jwash...the happiest guy i think i have ever met...i don't believe he ever had a bad day. always singing songs during practice and stuff.
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon May 15, 2006 6:51 pm

[user=74]Tiger Pride[/user] wrote:

Either last year or the year before they had a AC LB and a AC CB.  Can't remeber the names.

I think the AC linebacker was Karson Storey and I think he is from Utah and their AC corner was Reuben Mastin from California.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue May 16, 2006 12:15 am

I must be thinking about a longer time ago than a couple of years.  LB was #38.  Storey is just  a FR or Soph.  And the CB may have been a FS or FS but neither of those names sound like who I was thinking.
Washington was good but I don't recall him being scouted.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Tue May 16, 2006 12:49 pm

i think that washington probably wouldn't have been scouted...he didn't have ideal nfl size as i think he might have been maybe 6-0 or 6-1...maybe 240 lbs. but i can remember him chasing down a toss sweep from his de spot that was away from him. it was one of those plays where i personally just marveled at what i had just seen.

maybe he got a look from the arena team that was in fargo at the time? i know mayville's running back that year, gary kleintobe (sp?), ended up playing there for a bit, but he is the only one i know of for certain.

but i always thought washington had tremendous speed for the naia...but i have no idea what his measurables were and if he would have been considered average speed-wise, or even slow, by nfl standards. also, i have no idea about his hand placement/pass rushing 'skills' were, as those seem to be somewhat important.

rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue May 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Wow Washington was on the o-line and his brother was a LB when I saw them play.  I dug out the program.   S. fields was the LB I was thinking of.  He was under sized for the next level too.  For the life of me I can't recall the DB even after looking at the roster.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue May 16, 2006 6:00 pm

Wow Washington was on the o-line and his brother was a LB when I saw them play.  I dug out the program.   S. fields was the LB I was thinking of.  He was under sized for the next level too.  For the life of me I can't recall the DB even after looking at the roster.

What year is that roster you are looking at Tiger Pride?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue May 16, 2006 6:13 pm

All I have is a roster list.  It was a game in Bismarck and the visitors was on a seperate sheet of paper.  I think it was maybe 2003 or 2004.  My record keeping could be much better.  I know I went to a game in Mayville that same year but can't find anything to prove I was there.  Some guy named Floyd or maybe it was Stub helped me with my organizational skills that weekend.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue May 16, 2006 6:26 pm

I think I know the DB you are thinking of around that time but I can't remember his name either. Syris or Syrus fields was the LB.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Tue May 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:All I have is a roster list.  It was a game in Bismarck and the visitors was on a seperate sheet of paper.  I think it was maybe 2003 or 2004.  My record keeping could be much better.  I know I went to a game in Mayville that same year but can't find anything to prove I was there.  Some guy named Floyd or maybe it was Stub helped me with my organizational skills that weekend.

speaking of 'floyd' or 'stub', i'm surprised you weren't wearing your 'top hat' to the game.

i haven't actually been to mayville for something like five years so that is about as far reaching as i can go with may-port bar puns.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu May 25, 2006 2:56 am

any updates on Demarcus?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby BisonFan » Sun May 28, 2006 3:17 pm

There was a LB 2-3 years ago named Terrance Howard who was apparently getting some looks from the NFL as well, think he may have ended up overseas, not positive.
I like your style...
BisonFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby timmyg » Sun May 28, 2006 6:36 pm

i think i remember hearing that Terrance Howard had a tryout with the vikes...guess it never panned out or anything.
timmyg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:59 pm

I see DeMarcus got cut a few days ago by the Bengals. I'm sure he will find a team before training camp starts up. I just don't see him playing on Sundays anytime soon.

http://www.bengals.com/news/Transactions.html
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges