BISON Football 2008

No smack talk is allowed here.

BISON Football 2008

Postby FSHBruins10 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 am

Any predictions on the upcoming year? I say a 9-2 record would be great with the schedule they have. If they can win 2 of the 4 big games (UNI, WYO, YSU, SIU) then we'll be sitting pretty at a very nice ranking.

Anyone else?
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Re: BISON Football 2008

Postby tcbison » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:56 am

It is a tough road schedule for NDSU. I agree with the 9-2 prediction, maybe 8-3. Sounds like they plan on playing more people this year and rotating them in and out. The SDSU game last year the Bison had a lot on injuries. It will be a fun year. Get your tickets early because there won't be many left.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 pm

tcbison wrote:It is a tough road schedule for NDSU. I agree with the 9-2 prediction, maybe 8-3. Sounds like they plan on playing more people this year and rotating them in and out. The SDSU game last year the Bison had a lot on injuries. It will be a fun year. Get your tickets early because there won't be many left.

This is probably the most challenging schedule ever for the Bison. But every game is winnable on this schedule. I think they will go 10-1 again, the only blemish will be at the hands of Youngstown State after what would be a huge victory at Wyoming. At least I'm hoping this will be the outcome of their regular season.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Taken from the gobsion page: in a preseason poll of the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Bison, in their first year as league members, were picked No. 1.

Phil Steele has the Bison picked 9th in the nation, Youngstown State and Northern Iowa were 7th and 8th respectively.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby FSHBruins10 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:48 am

Flip wrote:Taken from the gobsion page: in a preseason poll of the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Bison, in their first year as league members, were picked No. 1.

Phil Steele has the Bison picked 9th in the nation, Youngstown State and Northern Iowa were 7th and 8th respectively.

and IMO, YSU is a little overrated and UNI underrated by Steele
Strive for Excellence
122 State Championships and counting...
BRUIN PRIDE
FSHBruins10
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Wyoming is more than a little bit over rated, they are hugely overated. just like when the bison played the gophers and the bison won, and thats all i heard is oh ya well they beat the gophers. oh im sorry i might have missed something what is there record and where did they finish. yes in the past the gophers may have been talented but now this is getting to be ridiculous. the minniesota gophers are horrible and wyoming, well, they may be better, but all you bison fans out there can you please stay off of here until the bison having a good season( i know they went 10-1 but they had no competition) and a way tougher schedule, at that i am saying they are OVERRATED!!!
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:01 pm

sportsking09 wrote:Wyoming is more than a little bit over rated, they are hugely overated. just like when the bison played the gophers and the bison won, and thats all i heard is oh ya well they beat the gophers. oh im sorry i might have missed something what is there record and where did they finish. yes in the past the gophers may have been talented but now this is getting to be ridiculous. the minniesota gophers are horrible and wyoming, well, they may be better, but all you bison fans out there can you please stay off of here until the bison having a good season( i know they went 10-1 but they had no competition) and a way tougher schedule, at that i am saying they are OVERRATED!!!

I need some clarification, are you saying that Wyoming is overrated and NDSU is as well?
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 pm

If everything goes right Bison lose one game in the regular season - a couple injuries and bad breaks and su losses up to five games and miss out on the way overdue home playoff game.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:58 pm

sportsking09 wrote:the bison played the gophers and the bison won

Don't forget when they narrowly beat Dan LeFevour (Heisman hopeful) and MAC champions Central Michigan.
sportsking09 wrote:all you bison fans out there can you please stay off of here until the bison having a good season( i know they went 10-1 but they had no competition) and a way tougher schedule

If the Sioux fans have to wait until they have a good season against good competition they wouldn't be able to post for the next...what? 10 years
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:Wyoming is more than a little bit over rated, they are hugely overated. just like when the bison played the gophers and the bison won, and thats all i heard is oh ya well they beat the gophers. oh im sorry i might have missed something what is there record and where did they finish. yes in the past the gophers may have been talented but now this is getting to be ridiculous. the minniesota gophers are horrible and wyoming, well, they may be better, but all you bison fans out there can you please stay off of here until the bison having a good season( i know they went 10-1 but they had no competition) and a way tougher schedule, at that i am saying they are OVERRATED!!!

I need some clarification, are you saying that Wyoming is overrated and NDSU is as well?

Yes i am saying both teams are overrated and i feel we wont have to wait long before the Fighting Sioux play a tough schedule and do good
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:07 pm

sportsking09 wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

Yes i am saying both teams are overrated and i feel we wont have to wait long before the Fighting Sioux play a tough schedule and do good

Posting a 3-1 record against FBS competition makes SU overrated? The one loss is a near miss at eventual bowl recipient Minnesota. The Sioux would've litterly crumbled if they were to had played NDSU's schedule last year.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm

just a reminder that any topics leading to Bison/Sioux smack will be deleted. There are various other forums where that stuff is all they do.

Thanks everyone
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

Posting a 3-1 record against FBS competition makes SU overrated? The one loss is a near miss at eventual bowl recipient Minnesota. The Sioux would've litterly crumbled if they were to had played NDSU's schedule last year.

WHAT?!?!?!ahahaha,please tell me you are kidding. you think minnesota is a bowl recipient team. wow, i mean ya eventually but not in the near future, i mean come on, they must have a lot of returning talent from last years squad that finished what, oh ya i remember, 1-10, yep thats bowl worthy, and the year before what 6-6, yep thats bowl worthy and the last time the gophers won a bowl game was the 2004-2005 season. and they sure as heck arent gonna do it again soon
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Minnesota lost the 2006 Insight Bowl to Texas Tech. Mr. Knowitall never said they made a bowl game last year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Flip wrote:Minnesota lost the 2006 Insight Bowl to Texas Tech. Mr. Knowitall never said they made a bowl game last year.

i know, he said an eventual bowl recipient, and i am saying no way, not in the near future at least because minnesota went 1-10 last year and that gives me a sign they dont have a very good returning squad.
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:38 pm

sportsking09,
Thanks for your interest in Bison football! There are just a few tickets left to watch NDSU. Get them before they are gone.

tcbison
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 pm

2 maybe 3 losses depending on how healthy they stay, playoff bound, after that anything goes. Should be another excellent year for Bison football.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 pm

sportsking09 wrote:i know, he said an eventual bowl recipient, and i am saying no way, not in the near future at least because minnesota went 1-10 last year and that gives me a sign they dont have a very good returning squad.

You really don't get it. NDSU lost to Minnesota October 21, 2006. Minnesota played in a bowl game in December 2006. So the team NDSU lost to eventually PLAYED in a bowl game. Not will eventually play in a bowl game. PLAYED! It can't be argued its a fact. I think anyone that saw last year's Gopher team would agree they aren't close to playing a bowl game in the near future. Nobody was talking about the future of the Gophers except you.

I'm done responding to your nonsense in this thread.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:36 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:i know, he said an eventual bowl recipient, and i am saying no way, not in the near future at least because minnesota went 1-10 last year and that gives me a sign they dont have a very good returning squad.

You really don't get it. NDSU lost to Minnesota October 21, 2006. Minnesota played in a bowl game in December 2006. So the team NDSU lost to eventually PLAYED in a bowl game. Not will eventually play in a bowl game. PLAYED! It can't be argued its a fact. I think anyone that saw last year's Gopher team would agree they aren't close to playing a bowl game in the near future. Nobody was talking about the future of the Gophers except you.

I'm done responding to your nonsense in this thread.

Ok, im man enough to admit it, i was wrong. sorry, i just saw it the other way and thought he ment in a future season not the particular season, sorry for the confusion
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:43 am

Nice start to the season last night with a 41-6 win over Austin Peay. The best part was a lot of reserves played in the game and I didn't hear of any injuries.

Say what you want about beating the Gophers. The fact is they beat the Big Ten Gophers which is still an accomplishment regardless of the year. Keep in mind that a FCS team has 22 less scholarship, fewer coaches, and a lot less money to deal with. In 2006, NDSU really should have won that game but that is the way it goes sometimes. I think people in ND should be proud of how NDSU has done. I don't think most people would have assumed NDSU would be 3-1 against FBS teams at this point.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:05 am

Anytime a FCS team beats a Big Ten it's a big deal... sportsking don't be jealous. NDSU is 3-1 vs. FBS teams, i guess that's a bad thing according to you. if NDSU defeated Ohio St., USC, or Florida NDSU wuld still be overrated in your eyes. Good luck vs. Wisconsin-LaCrosse, should be a barn burner. Also, good luck next season vs, texas tech, hopefully 80-3 can keep GF's spirits up
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:59 pm

no trust me if they beat ohio st., usc, or florida, i would be very impressed and would never say anything bad about the bison again, its just when cocky bison fans as yourselves brag about beating a FBS team. But just remember one thing, NONE OF THE TEAMS THEY BEAT were even rated in the FBS, and only one of the 3 teams(played minnesota twice) finished with a winning record(over .500) which was central michigan (8-6), otherwise it was Ball State finishing the 06-07 season at 5-7, minnesota finishing the 06-07 season at 6-7, minnesota finishing the 07-08 season at 1-10(PATHETIC and i guess really a team to brag about beating according to you guys, hahaha), and then central michigan finishing the 07-08 season at 8-6( respectable but par or sub par season). so when the bison beat a ranked d-1A team that goes on to finish over .500 then i will be impressed, as for now lets keep scheduling a d-1A team we know we can beat, like Wyoming who hasnt finished with a winning record since the 2004-2005 season. and heck why dont i throw in there that the bison lost to fellow FCS team south dakota st. last year and guess what SDS was UNRANKED in the FCS and the bison were ranked #1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats pathetic

P.S.- i bet there will be a bunch of bison fans that try to argue this but just remember, i am showing you guys up by using stats and truth and not opinion. so as for now i hope you guys look foreward to another season of NDSU beating up on the subpar teams of the FBS and growing plants at the good ole agricultural hick college, thank you and god bless ;)
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby flatlander » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:18 pm

Well, 3 of the 4 FBS (DI-A) teams NDSU have played ended the season bowl eligible, two went to bowls, and the '07 Gophers may have sucked, but they are still part of the Big 10. So NDSU went 3-1 and that proves nothing? Well, when NDSU was talking about going DI, if any Bison fan would have dared to say that NDSU could ever beat a bowl team or that they could ever beat a Big 10 team, they would have been laughed out of the state. The same thing would have happened if a NDSU fan had merely said that the Bison could go toe to toe with a Big 10 bowl team (which NDSU did in 2006). Well, NDSU did all those things before even finishing their transition to DI!

If you go around DI-AA (now the FCS), people are pretty impressed by what NDSU has accomplished because they know how rare wins against DI-A/FBS teams are. If any of the new FCS teams do better, it will really raise some eyebrows because NO FCS team has ever beaten more than 3 DI-A teams in a two year stretch - heck, most FCS teams don't have three wins against FBS teams in their entire FCS history. The only reason some people think that what NDSU has done is not a big deal is because NDSU has completely changed so many peoples' perceptions about what a North Dakota team can accomplish. To me, that's probably NDSU's greatest accomplishment. NDSU went DI and made it look easy.

Will this success continue in 2008? Heck if I know. The team looked fairly good on Saturday but they are going to have to improve a lot (and stay healthy) to beat Wyoming, win their conference, and get anywhere in the playoffs... er, except the defense, they couldn't really do much better than the last game statistically.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:38 am

sportsking09 wrote:no trust me if they beat ohio st., usc, or florida, i would be very impressed and would never say anything bad about the bison again, its just when cocky bison fans as yourselves brag about beating a FBS team. But just remember one thing, NONE OF THE TEAMS THEY BEAT were even rated in the FBS, and only one of the 3 teams(played minnesota twice) finished with a winning record(over .500) which was central michigan (8-6), otherwise it was Ball State finishing the 06-07 season at 5-7, minnesota finishing the 06-07 season at 6-7, minnesota finishing the 07-08 season at 1-10(PATHETIC and i guess really a team to brag about beating according to you guys, hahaha), and then central michigan finishing the 07-08 season at 8-6( respectable but par or sub par season). so when the bison beat a ranked d-1A team that goes on to finish over .500 then i will be impressed, as for now lets keep scheduling a d-1A team we know we can beat, like Wyoming who hasnt finished with a winning record since the 2004-2005 season. and heck why dont i throw in there that the bison lost to fellow FCS team south dakota st. last year and guess what SDS was UNRANKED in the FCS and the bison were ranked #1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats pathetic

P.S.- i bet there will be a bunch of bison fans that try to argue this but just remember, i am showing you guys up by using stats and truth and not opinion. so as for now i hope you guys look foreward to another season of NDSU beating up on the subpar teams of the FBS and growing plants at the good ole agricultural hick college, thank you and god bless ;)

I am pretty sure that a FCS team has only beaten one ranked FBS team in its history and that was App State last year at Michigan. NDSU didn't just beat Central Michigan last year, they destroyed the MAC champion by 30 points at their house.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Believe me I am a Bison fan, but how does NDSU move into the #1 spot after playing a very poor APSU and Appalachian State played a REALLY TOUGH LSU squad in LSU!! There is a BIG DIFFERENCE with the quality of opponents and you shouldn't punish a team as good as Appalachian State for playing a GREAT team with GREAT tradition in the FBS division!!
stoaxc2004

Next

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges