PRO DAY

No smack talk is allowed here.

PRO DAY

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Pro Day
A handful of pro scouts were on hand this morning for NDSU's annual Pro Day. Getting the twice-over were cornerback David Earl, linebacker Joe Mays, quarterback Steve Walker, running back Cinque Chapman and two players from UND: receiver Weston Dressler and cornerback Donovan Alexander.

Mays got quite the workout, both at linebacker and at fullback. Just when you think the guy can't physically look better, he does. He measured 5-10 1/2 and 245 pounds.

The most impressive performance was by Dressler, who showed great hands on passing drills from Walker and lightning-quick feet on the shuttle run drills. I'm guessing he opened a couple of scouts' eyes. He was listed as 5-foot-8 on the UND roster, but was measured in the 5-6 to 5-7 range on Monday and it remains to be seen how much of a factor height will be. The scouts had him field some punts at the end of the session, so perhaps that could be his key.

Anyway, here's some tale of the tape from the workouts that I was able to compile:

David Earl -- vertical jump: 31 inches. Bench press: 225 pounds 13 times. Broad jump: 9-5 1/2. 40: 4.50.

Joe Mays -- vertical jump: 33 1/2. Bench press: 21 times. Broad jump: 9-3. 40: 4.7.

Steve Walker -- vertical jump: 25 1/2. Broad jump: 8-8 1/2. 40: 4.84.

Cinque Chapman -- vertical jump 32 1/2. Bench press: 10 times. Broad jump: 9-4.

Donovan Alexander -- vertical jump: 37. Bench press: 11 times. Broad jump: 10-5.

Weston Dressler -- Vertical jump: 35. Bench press: 9 times. Broad jump: 9-5.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: PRO DAY

Postby rep » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm

is mays' hip still bothering him?

i would have thought he was more than fourteen tenths of a second faster than walker
rep

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 pm

ndfan wrote:http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/

Pro Day
A handful of pro scouts were on hand this morning for NDSU's annual Pro Day. Getting the twice-over were cornerback David Earl, linebacker Joe Mays, quarterback Steve Walker, running back Cinque Chapman and two players from UND: receiver Weston Dressler and cornerback Donovan Alexander.

Mays got quite the workout, both at linebacker and at fullback. Just when you think the guy can't physically look better, he does. He measured 5-10 1/2 and 245 pounds.

The most impressive performance was by Dressler, who showed great hands on passing drills from Walker and lightning-quick feet on the shuttle run drills. I'm guessing he opened a couple of scouts' eyes. He was listed as 5-foot-8 on the UND roster, but was measured in the 5-6 to 5-7 range on Monday and it remains to be seen how much of a factor height will be. The scouts had him field some punts at the end of the session, so perhaps that could be his key.

Anyway, here's some tale of the tape from the workouts that I was able to compile:

David Earl -- vertical jump: 31 inches. Bench press: 225 pounds 13 times. Broad jump: 9-5 1/2. 40: 4.50.

Joe Mays -- vertical jump: 33 1/2. Bench press: 21 times. Broad jump: 9-3. 40: 4.7.

Donovan Alexander -- vertical jump: 37. Bench press: 11 times. Broad jump: 10-5.

was this just for und-ndsu? i heard calhoun from vcsu was attending... justwoondring
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

Pro Day

was this just for und-ndsu? i heard calhoun from vcsu was attending... justwoondring

They never mentioned his name.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:14 pm

b
ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Pro Day

i've heard he runs a prety fast 40 time so thats why i was wondring
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:58 am

BballFan1307 wrote:b
ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Pro Day

Calhoun is only a junior. Next year he will be able to attend the Pro Day. He is a stud and when i have seen him play he is moving much faster then the rest of the players ive seen at the DAC level. I have heard he has had quite of few NFL scouts at some of the VCSU practices this last year. Hes got the measurables 6'1" 190 to be an NFL safety, but I dont know if the level of competition will give him a chance to get drafted. Unless he runs in the 4.3's or 4.4's. He has a better chance of getting signed as a free agent.

Did you happen to get the forty times on dressler and alexander??
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:09 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:b
ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Pro Day

Calhoun is only a junior. Next year he will be able to attend the Pro Day. He is a stud and when i have seen him play he is moving much faster then the rest of the players ive seen at the DAC level. I have heard he has had quite of few NFL scouts at some of the VCSU practices this last year. Hes got the measurables 6'1" 190 to be an NFL safety, but I dont know if the level of competition will give him a chance to get drafted. Unless he runs in the 4.3's or 4.4's. He has a better chance of getting signed as a free agent.

Did you happen to get the forty times on dressler and alexander??

Nobody saw his time at the combine it sounds like, but the Herald said he has been in the 4.4 range not to long ago.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges