Sioux

No smack talk is allowed here.

Will the Sioux win the National Championship this year?

YES
55%
NO
45%

Total votes : 20

Sioux

Postby sportsking09 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Ok sioux fans the sioux host the St. Cloud huskies this weekend, which happens to be the last team to beat the sioux. This is a big series where as the sioux have a chance to claim 1st in the WCHA and remain #1 in the nation if all goes well. The unbeaten streak is now at 15 games(14-0-1) how far do you think the sioux can carry the streak and how far do you think they will go tournement wise?
University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, and thats the way its gonna stay
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Re: Sioux

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:08 pm

heck YES THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

They should at least make the Frozen Four, but Michigan or Miami Ohio will win it
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 pm

you do not follow college hockey, miami(oh) no and michigan maybe but they both play in the weakest league the ccha, cup cake hockey association yeah no the sioux if they stay healthy and keep scoring and solid goaltender they will win. miami are you kidding me honestly michigan maybe but not miami, miami has played no one but michigan and their record is good because they have no compitetion in their league.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:32 pm

brownbomber wrote:you do not follow college hockey, miami(oh) no and michigan maybe but they both play in the weakest league the ccha, cup cake hockey association yeah no the sioux if they stay healthy and keep scoring and solid goaltender they will win. miami are you kidding me honestly michigan maybe but not miami, miami has played no one but michigan and their record is good because they have no compitetion in their league.

Obviously I do follow it if I know Miami Ohio has a hockey team and they're 6th in the nation. They've beaten Michigan St. Michigan, and Notre Dame who are all ranked. Yeah I guess they've played no one... They're legue isn't anything special but the top 4 teams in it are solid.
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:32 pm

baseball18 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:you do not follow college hockey, miami(oh) no and michigan maybe but they both play in the weakest league the ccha, cup cake hockey association yeah no the sioux if they stay healthy and keep scoring and solid goaltender they will win. miami are you kidding me honestly michigan maybe but not miami, miami has played no one but michigan and their record is good because they have no compitetion in their league.

Obviously I do follow it if I know Miami Ohio has a hockey team and they're 6th in the nation. They've beaten Michigan St. Michigan, and Notre Dame who are all ranked. Yeah I guess they've played no one... They're legue isn't anything special but the top 4 teams in it are solid.

the only teams that are legit are mich st and mich, notre dame might not even make the regional,and i beleive the top 5 wcha teams could beat all those teams. Sioux played alright last night but i believe St.clouds tender played on his head not saying it was a fluke win, saying that gt is very good and the und was lucky to come out with a tie
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldSchool » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:48 pm

I know I will get blasted for this, but I do not think the Sioux will advance to the elite eight let alone the frozen four. They are over rated right now, and pretty banged up. They are really struggling to score goals, and I don't think they are very good.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsking09 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:08 pm

i definitely disagree with oldschool, although the sioux lost t.j. oshie early in the game(i dont know the severity of the injury or length he will be out) i think the rest of the team will pick up the slack if oshie will not be able to play. and how can you call the sioux over rated right now, they are ranked where they belong(2nd in the nation) and have a nations best 17 GAME UNBEATEN STREAK,add that together with they play in the hardest division in college hockey(WCHA), and i dont see how you get they are over rated
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldSchool » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:29 pm

We will see. They have the longest win streak blah blah blah blah. How many ties do they have in there, and how many close games with the bottom teams. Yes I know a win is a win, but I am not impressed right now at all.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:19 pm

From talking to some Sioux boosters....many players on the team had the flu this weekend and that is what Oshie left the game with.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:04 pm

OldSchool wrote:We will see. They have the longest win streak blah blah blah blah. How many ties do they have in there, and how many close games with the bottom teams. Yes I know a win is a win, but I am not impressed right now at all.

what exactly are you saying? they have 3 ties. Are they supposed to win by ten they play in the wcha man, everynight is a battle you see the top teams like michigan got beat by i think Ferris state last week. Good teams find a way to win and thats what they have been doing except for last weekend. They looked off last weekend but they will turn it around they will make the frozen four. Elite eight are you crazy. GO SIOUX
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldSchool » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Still not very impressed with the loss to Tech on Saturday night I will continue to support the theory that the Sioux will not make the elite eight they are very average right with an inability to score consistently.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 pm

michigan beat the neb-omaha team 10-1 the first night and beat them 2-1 the next, sounds like the sioux who scored 4-0 the first night lost the 2nd night 2-1 and won sun 2-1 as well as cc also having close games with alaska anchorage.It looks like to me that the sioux arent the only top team having trouble scoring night after night.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:58 pm

brownbomber wrote:michigan beat the neb-omaha team 10-1 the first night and beat them 2-1 the next, sounds like the sioux who scored 4-0 the first night lost the 2nd night 2-1 and won sun 2-1 as well as cc also having close games with alaska anchorage.It looks like to me that the sioux arent the only top team having trouble scoring night after night.

are they officially out of it now?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:09 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
brownbomber wrote:michigan beat the neb-omaha team 10-1 the first night and beat them 2-1 the next, sounds like the sioux who scored 4-0 the first night lost the 2nd night 2-1 and won sun 2-1 as well as cc also having close games with alaska anchorage.It looks like to me that the sioux arent the only top team having trouble scoring night after night.

No
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:55 pm

ndfan wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

No

what do they have to do now?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:03 pm

Sweet 16 of hockey now... Sounds like Sioux should be a #1 seed.... It's win or go home now.....I think match ups will be selected tomorrow.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:06 pm

look for denver to go pretty far young team but a veteran tender stepping up, the young guys can score thou, we will just have to see how it all plays out
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:24 pm

heres what the bracket looks like. I got this from this site.Brad Schlossman does a great job
http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Albany, N.Y. regional (Friday-Saturday)

Michigan (1) vs. Niagara (4), 6:30 p.m.
St. Cloud State (2) vs. Clarkson (3), 3 p.m.

Colorado Springs regional (Friday-Saturday)

New Hampshire (1) vs. Notre Dame (4), 5:30 p.m.
Colorado College (2) vs. Michigan State (3), 9 p.m.

Madison regional (Saturday-Sunday)

UND (1) vs. Princeton (4), 2 p.m.
Denver (2) vs. Wisconsin (3), 5:30 p.m.

Worcester regional (Saturday-Sunday)

Miami (1) vs. Air Force (4), 3 p.m.
Boston College (2) vs. Minnesota (3), 6:30 p.m.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 pm

big game tomorrow against wisconsin, michigan and notre dame are in denver. bc plays miami (oh) tomorrow as well to see who makes it.GO SIOUX
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsking09 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:00 am

OldSchool wrote:Still not very impressed with the loss to Tech on Saturday night I will continue to support the theory that the Sioux will not make the elite eight they are very average right with an inability to score consistently.

So OldSchool inablility to score hah, 5-1 Sioux win looks like a lot of goals to me, and no consistentsy is duncan's hat trick right, oh wait one more thing, i think you said they will not make the elite eight, oh wait THEY JUST DID MAKE IT TO THE ELITE EIGHT and they will go even further, oldschool was wrong, GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!
GO SIOUX!!!!
sportsking09
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:16 am

sportsking09 wrote:
OldSchool wrote:Still not very impressed with the loss to Tech on Saturday night I will continue to support the theory that the Sioux will not make the elite eight they are very average right with an inability to score consistently.

So OldSchool inablility to score hah, 5-1 Sioux win looks like a lot of goals to me, and no consistentsy is duncan's hat trick right, oh wait one more thing, i think you said they will not make the elite eight, oh wait THEY JUST DID MAKE IT TO THE ELITE EIGHT and they will go even further, oldschool was wrong, GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!

wow they beat princeton congrats thats so hard to do esp. when they pull their goalie
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:07 am

baseball18 wrote:
sportsking09 wrote:

wow they beat princeton congrats thats so hard to do esp. when they pull their goalie

its not like they scored 5 empty netters and beat them.princeton played good outshot the sioux and could of very well scored early in the game if it wasnt for lammy making some big saves. he finish with 37 saves big day for him and he helped his hobey chances as well
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:57 pm

Any score updates?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:06 pm

cubsfan wrote:Any score updates?

wisconsin 2
und 0

10 left in the 3rd
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next