Any idea of the Jimmies new football coach?

No smack talk is allowed here.

Any idea of the Jimmies new football coach?

Postby andy_7 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:09 pm

I have only heard a few rumors of coaches, fargo south's coach, two assistant coaches from Jamestown, and maybe u mary's o-corrdinator not sure though. I was just wondering if anyone heard anything.
andy_7

Re: Any idea of the Jimmies new football coach?

Postby andy_7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:26 pm

It looks like Jamestown offered the job the the quarterbacks coach at UMary Bud Etzhold. Etzhold was the head coach and AD at Jamestown College where they won back to back confrence titles and births into the playoffs. Looks like a good hire from where im sitting.
andy_7

Postby Number7 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

andy_7 wrote:It looks like Jamestown offered the job the the quarterbacks coach at UMary Bud Etzhold. Etzhold was the head coach and AD at Jamestown College where they won back to back confrence titles and births into the playoffs. Looks like a good hire from where im sitting.

Yea Etzhold is a stud coach. I believe he initially resigned because he wanted more time to see his son play through high school. They moved to Bismarck and his son, B.J. was their QB and played on the basketball team. Then he played wideout for the University of Mary, with Buddy coached. I will be curious to see if he takes the job and moves back to J-town.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfbfan70 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:35 am

coach etzold is coming back. I think it is a great hire. he recruited me to go to j-town in the late 90's and was one of the most inspirational coaches i ever had. I would be hard to find a more personalble coach than coach etzold. He knows EVERYBODY and knows how to inspire his kids. Anyone that played for him could tell you that. Congrats!
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:58 am

I had the priviledge of playing for Coach Etzold, I hope it is true, he is a great coach and a players coach at that! If he gets the job, I would have to make regular trips down to JC to watch the team. Etzold is the best guy for the job. He will bring a ton of knowledge of the game back.

Go Jimmies!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby andy_7 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Yes it is for sure. They announced him a few days ago. There is an article about him on the jamestown college website.
andy_7

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges