U-Mary OFFICIALLY goes D-2

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby GOBIGBLUE09 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:53 am

[align=center][font=Arial]NCAA grants University of Mary active membership status [/font][font=Arial]two years ahead of schedule[/font][/align][font=Arial][/font]
[align=left]
[font=Arial]Bismarck[/font][font=Arial], ND [/font][font=Arial]– When the University of Mary began its trek towards active membership in NCAA Division II in 2005, the journey was expected to last at least four years. Due to a strong commitment by U-Mary to swiftly and effectively meeting NCAA guidelines and regulations, the NCAA has waived the last two required years of provisional status and the university will become an active member of the NCAA on September 1, 2007.[/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]The swift approval of U-Mary for active membership is believed to be one of the quickest in NCAA history. Moreover, the waiver of its final two years of provisional status was not requested by the university. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3]The active membership approval granted by the NCAA means all Marauders athletics teams and student-athletes are immediately eligible to compete in all NCAA and Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference championship events beginning with the upcoming 2007-08 season. [/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=9]“Both the NCAA and the University of Mary continually strive to achieve a ‘balance’ emphasizing both academic excellence and athletic achievement to create an environment that leads to the student-athlete’s personal development and progress toward graduation and successful employment,â€Â
Last edited by GOBIGBLUE09 on Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GOBIGBLUE09
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Blitz32 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:57 pm

CONGRATS to the administration and athletes of U-Mary! It will be exciting to see how the teams do their first year in post-season play!
Blitz32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:22 pm

Great to hear, hopefully they can get to the same level UND and NDSU were at in D-2 or even better at some point. They are now my favorite D-2 schoo in North Dakota :).
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tcbison » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:46 am

ndfan wrote:Great to hear, hopefully they can get to the same level UND and NDSU were at in D-2 or even better at some point. They are now my favorite D-2 schoo in North Dakota :).

Mine too, since NDSU left D2 and my first cousin is going to be playing for U-Mary.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thirty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:48 pm

That is awesome, and I bet that U-Mary will kick butt at Basketball this next season
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges