MSU-Bottineau Football Team

No smack talk is allowed here.

Re: MSU-Bottineau Football Team

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 am

I'd like to see the Jacks have some decent teams using players from the upper midwest. I know there have been a lot of problems with some of the teams in MN that bring in all out of staters and then they get into trouble and transfer out after one year. It will take a few years to build, but I hope they can get it done.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby old lineman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:18 pm

The LumberJacks players are there for one reason they want to play more football. These young men will relizze in 20 years they restarted something, something that was put to rest 38 long years ago. 37 freshmen5 from manitoba, 1 from minnesota, 2 from Michigan, 29 from ND. Everyone of these boys knew they would take a couple hard knocks, it did not bother them. They just wanted to play. This is a nice place, the community is excited about the program and soon the 37 freshmen will be sophmores.

GO JACKS
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jacks56 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Jacks beat Trinity Bible College 34-32.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:20 pm

Jacks56 wrote:Jacks beat Trinity Bible College 34-32.

what is there record? and if possible the scores to all their games?
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:16 pm

I give the program credit for doing things the right way.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jacks56 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 pm

ballernation wrote:
Jacks56 wrote:Jacks beat Trinity Bible College 34-32.

what is there record? and if possible the scores to all their games?

Lumberjacks @ Whapeton L---67-0
Lumberjacks Vs. Concordia JV L---19-6
Lumberjacks Vs. Trinity Bible College W---34-32

(1-2)

The Jacks will be playing Concordia again this Sunday @ Concordia. They also play Trinity Bible two more times this season, and they also play Crown College in Waconia, MN.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jacks56 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:14 pm

New recruits for next year showing big interest...

OL Mik Boger Grand Forks Central High School 6'3" 280

DE Isaac Foss Berthold 6'2" 190

WR Levi Solem Ray 6'0" 185

OL Kaleb Wiagard Georgia 6'0" 340
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Solem, really, that would be a tremendous pick-up, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a U-Mary or another DII school... it would be a great sign for Darwin though...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Big Blue » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:01 am

I currently live in eastern montana and bottineau is recruiting pretty hard in this area. I know a couple of the kids interested in playing there could have an impact right away.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jacks56 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Those Montana kids are very welcome here haha. We could use some big kids, especially when we line up against Whapeton who last year basically threw us around. MSU-BOTTINEAU ( soon to be Dakota State College of Bottineau ) really needs to pick up some big boys to do the work up front on both sides of the ball. Hopefully some defensive backs as well.

Good thing for the Jacks, Jake Gefroh and Preston Feakes will be returning to play another season.
Jacks56
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 3nout » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:23 am

I'm anxious to see the improvement in the DSCB football team this fall. I wish them the best, and hopefully their recruiting is going well.
3nout
NDPreps Starter

Postby WhiteSnake » Sun May 10, 2009 4:20 am

I agree strongly that MSU-Bottineau crop of talent is low grade. Opposing coaches have said that only 3 players earned recognition in their games. All stater TJ Acheson won't be joining the team and he was one of those athletes. Michael Clarys and Laron Peoples were 2 talented wide recievers. Clarys is a product of 3 semi-final caliber teams at Hazen High School, possession reciever who recorded team highs in receptions and recieving yards (roughly 30 catches for 300 yards and 1 TD). Only recruited by Mary and Bottineau, lacks raw speed but has burst off the line and instictive quickness, great hands. Peoples has good speed, strength, and size but needs to polish his route-running abilities and hands, was also a defensive standout and played for Northern High School in Pontiac, Michigan. Laron was a standout on both sides, doubling as a Free Safety, recorded a tremendous game in the Metrodome against Trinity Bible to finish the season (10 tackles, 2 TD reception and 1 Int). Levi Solem should team with Frankie Lopez in the slot but could also move outside. Jake Gefroh and Brody Wolff (if present) are two tough runners and can grind out yards. With Cobretti Parisien at signal caller, a former 9-man player, the Lumberjacks will strongly rely on their offensive and defensive lines but possess a highly explosive offense under Offensive minded coach Darwin Routledge.
You're either first, or you're last
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Future » Mon May 18, 2009 12:50 pm

Greetings to all Lumberjack fans!!!! I know that a lot of you are optimistic about the upcoming season and you should be last season may have had a few bumps in the road but that can be expected with dscb having its first football team since 1960. Last season we faced fierce opponets but now that we have the ground beneath our feet we are moving forward with a full head of steam and looking to bull doze each and every opponet we will face on the grid iron this year.This year this season is when the Lumberjack Legacy will begin these players will not only be playing for the school but they will be playing for the people and the city of Bottineau!!!! This year old records will be shattered and new ones will be written!!!!This year we shall define Lumberjack Pride!!!! This year we will reach our pinnacle and and every team within the njcaa ranks will know and respect the Dakota State College Lumberjacks!!!!!!!

09 Lumberjack Pride!!!!! GO JACKS!!!!!!!!
The Future

Postby Lemieux2007 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:50 pm

Yeah, Acheson is going to be a big loss. But to be completly honest with you, I'm not all that worried. The Lumberjacks defensive scheme is to hopefully run a 3-4 defense. Where the D-Lines job is to get the pesky O-lineman off of the linebackers to make plays. With Brandon Pinnow, Kaleb "Goose" Boehler, and Marshall Lafontaine, I think they'll do that job just fine. Not to be dissing on TJ, but he did have one eye, so, if an offensive player got onto TJ from his left side, well, he'd be completly out of play. Goose is a very hard man to push around, also a very determined player. Not to mention he has two eyes.
Lemieux2007

Postby zcrown99 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:24 pm

This is from their athletic dept. page:

"About 150 students -- more than half of the on-campus student body -- belong to one of Dakota College at Bottineau's seven varsity teams. Those who aren't on the field tend to be in the stands, where they have as much fun as the players."

WOW! Amazing that more than half the on-campus student body is involved with their program! I was unaware of the football team, only really knowing of their hockey success, but that's quite a ratio!

Cheers!
-Booker
sportevents.com
Superbowl Tickets
zcrown99
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges