DI move

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby anderson16 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 pm

Is the DI move for the Sioux going to be good or bad? Are the teams going to get better or worse?
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:18 pm

most of them arent that special to begin with so the move can only hurt them
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby anderson16 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:21 pm

baseball wrote:most of them arent that special to begin with so the move can only hurt them

What about girls basketball? they aren't that bad are they?
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:40 pm

I think it really depends on what the coaching staffs of the various sports do with the scholarship money they have to offer.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:18 pm

good for them, but if you follow local talent it those programs will become even less recognizable. I've seen it with NDSU. Sure the program has ramped up, but I'm more interested in Dakota athletes, so I follow DAC now more than I did 3-5 years ago.

Maybe now some  DAC schools won't have to recruit out of the area as much?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby anderson16 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:25 pm

i personally think UND will get better and better and become a great school in DI
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:13 pm

UND girls basketball will do alright. Their football team can compete also in D1AA football as for the other sports i dont know. their mens basketball team is absolutely horrible. i think it will be okay in some sports and horrible in others.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:02 pm

im looking forward to some more good ol' bison-sioux football games
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Roughrider » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:08 pm

rumbles wrote:im looking forward to some more good ol' bison-sioux football games

Bring back the old Nickel Trophy that UND has and go back to the heated rivalries of the past
Last edited by Roughrider on Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anderson16 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:07 pm

heck yes. heyyyy sioux siouxxxx!
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:15 am

the move would be alot better if UND wasnt scheduling DAC teams on their schedules to pick up wins, and they lost one or two....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 am

who knows when ndsu will play und again... ndsu gave und their chance. they're looking forward, not backwards
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby the low down » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:40 pm

The thing you have to remember is that, during NDSU's last 2-3 years of D2 Men's Basketball, they were a .500 at best team. They were no where near the top of the NCC.  For football, NDSU qualified for the playoffs once or twice in the last decade of their D2 existence. A just a few years ago they were a 2-8 D2 team.  The women's basketball program, not very successful right now, was looking up in the standings during their last few years of D2 as well.

My point is not to turn this into another Bison/Sioux trash talk.  My point of this is that there' s no reason to believe that UND wouldn't be at the same level as NDSU in a year or two, provided they transition right. 

NDSU had a remarkable transition that was matched by no one.  UND definitely has the assets and the opportunity to do the same.  I don't get all this NDSU looking forward talk when they darn well know that UND has the capability to use the same.  Remember, UND is looking up and forward and not looking towards the DAC.

Also, I'm not trying to bring NDSU down.  I'm one of those rare Sioux fans that has a tremendous amount of success for NDSU, but my academic goals were more consistent with what UND had to offer rather than NDSU.  I'm just trying to provide a "remember where you came from" dose.
We should just be gracious that the state of ND will have two outstanding representatives in D1 college athletics and can be given the opportunity to compete with anyone, with the exception of course of the BCS teams of course.
Last edited by the low down on Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:07 pm

This message board will not be a place for bashing NDSU or UND.  If that is your intention, then please post somewhere else.  I'm tired of hearing that crap, and there are plenty of other websites where you can do that.

Thank you.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby anderson16 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:50 pm

word. they will both be doing very well given a couple years under their belt.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:57 pm

the low down wrote:
We should just be gracious that the state of ND will have two outstanding representatives in D1 college athletics and can be given the opportunity to compete with anyone, with the exception of course of the BCS teams of course.

i agree very much with this last statements i think any north dakota team that is abale to compete at D1 level, we should cheer them on and be happy for them, i am a sioux hockey fan, but am happy when other spoorts do well at either und or ndsu
klg_11

Postby anderson16 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:21 pm

very true. i am not only a Sioux fan, but i am more of a NORTH DAKOTA fan.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the low down » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:53 pm

NDSportsFan wrote: This message board will not be a place for bashing NDSU or UND.  If that is your intention, then please post somewhere else.  I'm tired of hearing that crap, and there are plenty of other websites where you can do that.

Thank you.

I hope it wasn't my post that prompted you to write that. I wanted to make it clear more than once that it wasn't my intentions to start a meaningless trash talk.  I guess I was more interested in proving that, if done right, UND can share the same success.  I can't stress enough my sense of pride coming from a state that can produce that kind of athletic success, regardless of which school does it.

I too am sick of going to the other sites and reading the endless tug-of-war.
Last edited by the low down on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:47 pm

Yeah, it was not a reference to your post, it was just a general announcement to others.  I've addressed it in the past, but there are lots of new members since then.

And I don't have a problem with people seriously discussing UND's move to DI, or NDSU's transition.

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:19 pm

Ming01 wrote:who knows when ndsu will play und again... ndsu gave und their chance. they're looking forward, not backwards

i am pretty sure it was my post... i didn't mean to offend anyone or disrespect UND... you can ask NDSU's AD or any coach and they'll give you the same answer
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges