Dickinson vs. Minot

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:48 am

As of right now im attending "the Dub" in willy, and im and studying Mathematics Education to become a high school math teacher. Next year I am going to transfer to either minot or dickinson. Anyone alumni of either of these places. and have any recommendations on where i should go. i like minot is a little bigger and i would be right there for wda basketball and all that. but dickinson has got really good hunting around it. and that is my favorite past time..

Any advice helps.... thanks
klg_11

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 am

i'm a dickinson alum...gotta say, if you want to hunt and fish i loved it out there, especially the pheasant hunting. i haven't been to minot for anything but state tournaments, so i can't really compare, but i love the mountain time zone (except for the winter when it gets dark at 4:30 p.m.) and the prime rib at the queen city club is second to none. borscht at jacks is good too.

also, with the new facility there, you can go lift, get on a rock-climbing wall, play tennis in january, whatever floats your boat.

there is no snow there either right now. big plus in my book.

i majored in writing at dsu, so i guess i can't really comment as far as far as the education department.
Last edited by rep on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:07 pm

rep wrote:i'm a dickinson alum...gotta say, if you want to hunt and fish i loved it out there, especially the pheasant hunting. i haven't been to minot for anything but state tournaments, so i can't really compare, but i love the mountain time zone (except for the winter when it gets dark at 4:30 p.m.) and the prime rib at the queen city club is second to none. borscht at jacks is good too.

also, with the new facility there, you can go lift, get on a rock-climbing wall, play tennis in january, whatever floats your boat.

there is no snow there either right now. big plus in my book.

i majored in writing at dsu, so i guess i can't really comment as far as far as the education department.

hey thanks, i really enjoy pheasant hunting too, i heard down in the mott area is crazy for pheasants. I havent really heard of the new facility? i was also looking for somehting like that, we got the wellness center here i go to, but i wasnt sure what was there
klg_11

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:25 pm

i can't remember the exact name of their facility...west river something or another...good stuff though...opened maybe three years ago. if you check out the dickinson park and rec webpage, my guess is they would have a link to it there...it was their baby when the proposal was first brought up.

i did a story about a hunter down in that area something like the first winter after i got out of college. it was absolutely rediculous. i can't put into words the sheer number of birds walkingon the road, running in the ditches. i'm going to guess it was't a thousand, but it had to have been a couple hundred easy. basically one of the strangest things i've seen.

rep

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:42 pm

rep wrote:i can't remember the exact name of their facility...west river something or another...good stuff though...opened maybe three years ago. if you check out the dickinson park and rec webpage, my guess is they would have a link to it there...it was their baby when the proposal was first brought up.

i did a story about a hunter down in that area something like the first winter after i got out of college. it was absolutely rediculous. i can't put into words the sheer number of birds walkingon the road, running in the ditches. i'm going to guess it was't a thousand, but it had to have been a couple hundred easy. basically one of the strangest things i've seen.

that is crazy, one of my buds has a farm down in mott, and i have never went with him but he talks like there is wuite few down there.

Ya thanks for the feedback i think im actually gonna run down to dickinson this weekend and check everything out. . any good apartments to look at. i know they have century apartments which are usaully nice know anything about them down there?
klg_11

Postby rep » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:46 pm

don't really know much about apartments. after my first year of college there, me and another guy rented a trailer house. i can't stand living in apartments, personally, i like my neighbors as far from me as possible.

but if the century apartments are the ones i'm thinking off...like two blocks behind where the wal mart used to be, they aren't too bad. i was in there once helping someone hook up their surround sound and it seemed nice enough.
rep

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:40 pm

if your goin for education all i can say is ive been taught by teachers who went to DSU, a few were good but some.......yea,  thats all i can say tho, i dont know if its the education program at the college or just the people who went to school there but i would guess it was the students not the teachers.  just a small piece of info i have. not sayin DSU is bad tho before u start thinkin like that
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:03 am

alright ill keep that in mind. to me it seems like minot is known a little better for theur education whereas dickinson seems kind of a generals college. right now i think the area is pulling me down there although my main focus should be my education!
klg_11

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges