UND women roll

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:51 pm

[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] UND 98, Minn. St., Moorhead 66
Grand Forks Herald - 03/09/2007
[/font] [font=Times New Roman, Times, serif] GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - North Dakota made a season-high 13 3-pointers on the way to a 98-66 victory over Minnesota State, Moorhead Friday in the North Central Regional women's basketball tournament.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Guard Carissa Jahner had five treys, making 10 of 13 overall from the field, in scoring a game-high 25 points. Post players Ashley Langen and Kierah Kimbrough added 16 and 15 points, respectively, while freshman guard Jossy Bergan came off the bench to add 14.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"As most teams do, they keyed on our inside players," Jahner said. "To open up the inside, you have to hit from outside. Once our posts were doubled inside, they passed it outside and I was getting open shots."[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Bergan made 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions to help UND break away from a 10-10 tie. The Sioux scored 15 straight points and, after the Dragons made two points, added seven more in a row. The 22-2 run produced a 40-19 lead and Moorhead never came closer than 16 points the rest of the way.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"When my freshman made those big 3-pointers, it seemed to loosen things up and everyone got involved after that," UND coach Gene Roebuck said. "Once we got going, we just played very, very well."[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Center Jessica Fesenmaier led the Dragons with 16 points, while Allison Swenson added 15 and Shelly Soule 11.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]"When they hit 13 3-pointers and have the inside presence they do, I can't imagine many teams beating them," Moorhead coach Karla Nelson said.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Moorhead ended its season at 21-10 while UND will take a 30-3 record into Saturday's semifinal game against Regis (Colo.) University.[/font]
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:10 am

Ex-North Dakota Ms. Basketball winner Carissa Jahner has really had a great senior season (and great career), and may have had her best game ever against Moorhead yesterday. When the outside shots are falling, UND is just really tough to beat with the two dominating post players inside.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:54 pm

Elite Eight!!!! This UND squad is looking really good...good enought for a Nat. Championship maybe???!!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby BaldEagle » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:50 am

roughrider125 wrote:Elite Eight!!!! This UND squad is looking really good...good enought for a Nat. Championship maybe???!!

Congrats on a great season, Gulf Coast sounds like a great team.
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:51 am

BaldEagle wrote:
roughrider125 wrote:Elite Eight!!!! This UND squad is looking really good...good enought for a Nat. Championship maybe???!!

Congrats on a great season, Gulf Coast sounds like a great team.

and congrats to Carissa Jahner....a class act in a long line...but a class act. what a great career she had.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges