WERNER Stepping UP

No smack talk is allowed here.

WERNER Stepping UP

Postby east sider » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Great game by former Bismarck stand-out Dexter Werner vs. UND last night. 17 pts, 6 rbs, 2 blk off the bench. He was hustling and out-working his opponents on both ends. Big boy that knows how to use his body. I was wondering how he would do at that level, I gotta say he's alot more agile than he looks.

Unfortunately I didn't see Jacobson, I'm assuming he's injured. Either way as a former UND alum I can't help but cheer a little for the Bison with some home-grown talent while UND brings in out of state mediocrity.
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Re: WERNER Stepping UP

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 pm

I thought Werner played great. NDSU has a young roster so he should get a lot of playing time this year. It should be fun to see how he does.

It was hard to judge UND based on that game. They just looked lost out there the whole time. I can't imagine they would play that poorly anymore this year.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:56 pm

I wondered too about Werner when he committed. He did have offers from Sdsu and Cal-Poly too. He just needed a year of experience and to get his body right. He is very long and athletic. Hes been a little inconsistent though. He will be a monster his last two seasons.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dualsportfan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Quite a showing for Werner against Gonzaga in the NCAA tourney...enough to get him some national attention including a nice article in a Seattle paper. Nice to see homegrown kids excel at that level! Also read a tweet from a Gonzaga fan after the game that said "Dexter Werner must be adopted...his parents are actually Chris Mullen and a tractor" :D
Dualsportfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges