Bison vs. Dragons

No smack talk is allowed here.

Postby rep » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:02 pm

i just saw this score in a women's exhibition game:
Minn. St., Moorhead 63, N. Dakota St. 52

can that be right? what happened to the powerhouse that was ndsu's women's basketball program?
rep

Postby ndfan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:16 pm

That score is right, it was an exhibition game but it doesn't matter still should win that. Sounds like they haven't had a very good transition so far to D-1, from what i've heard don't look for them to do anything big this year. I guess somebody on the news only predicted them to win 4 or 5 games this season. Hopefully AR can get that program back to respectable.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby flatlander » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:24 am

While exhibitions don't really mean anything, it doesn't bode well for this season, but even if this year is bad, I think it'll turn around next year as NDSU has a lot of kids sitting out this year.
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby dragon4life » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:52 am

You better believe that's the right score.  The Dragons were up by 18 with 3 minutes to go also!! 
dragon4life

Postby gabe » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:12 pm

Yeah, it's been a tough transistion for the Bison women. Give them a few years to regroup and they will be back. Now that they actually have a conference (and a good one), they will get some more recruits...

Your talking about a team that won four straight NCAA Championships. They recently got a plug on ESPN as one of the  best 25 moments in NCAA History!... check it out http://www2.ncaa.org/portal/media_and_events/press_room/2006/january/20060106_defining_moments_rls.html

BTW... The Sioux MENS Basketball team just lost to Moorhead State in REGULAR season! Yeah, and the Bison almost beat Bobby Knight and Texas Tech!

gabe

Return to North Dakota's Universities and Colleges