National High School Rodeo 2nd place from Warwick

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:02 am

Waldo from Warwick is winner of state High School Rodeo, places second in nationals By Mike Bellmore - Features Editor
Published: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 4:13 PM CDT
E-mail this story | Print this page ImageLaura Waldo of Warwick earned second place in the national high school rodeo competition in Springfield, Ill. recently. Lauren will be a junior at Devils Lake High School this fall. WARWICK, N.D. - Laura Waldo has already stamped herself as one of the premier young high school rodeo competitors in North Dakota after delving into the sport nearly as soon as she could walk.

Now the Devils Lake High School junior-to-be this fall has added her name to the lofty list of nationally-known competitors.

Waldo came home with a second place finish from the National High School Rodeo Finals in Springfield, Ill. last week, narrowly missing a national championship that was claimed by a senior-to-be from Montana.

[align=center]

In Illinois, Waldo excelled in the goat tying competition and qualified in the breakaway roping as well.

She said the competition was fierce.

“The best in the nation,'' she added. “I was only .02 seconds behind the Montana girl that won it, so I have to be pretty happy with that. It was a great experience.''[/align]

[align=center]

Lynn Waldo, Laura's mother, said she was overwhelmed by the support Lauren and her family received.

“I was just flabbergasted,'' she said. “Friends, community, family people were so generous in making this trrip become a reality. I just can't say enough about how nice all the local people were.''

Waldo was the only teenager from North Dakota to place in the national competition, and she'll put her talents on display again in late September in the North Dakota Roughrider Finals here in Devils Lake.[/align]

She'll be competing in the goat tying and breakaway roping competition once again.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby mags » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:27 pm

waldo's a stud
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ping Pong » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:47 am

where is waldo?
Ping Pong