2007 track and field

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby froggy » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:40 am

[font=georgia]who is gonna be returning and is pretty good from class b track and field?[/font]
froggy

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Patrick Wolf out of New Town will prob. be the champ this year in the 1600 and 3200, barring any setbacks.
nd-ball41

Postby Notorious » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:06 am

Who's the kid that dominated the "B" last year (200, 400, 800,....)?  Isn't he back next year?
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:25 am

You are thinking of Blake Bowers from Kenmare/Mohall/Sherwood. And yes, he is back. Barring any injuries, he may sweep again.
ndfbfan

Postby ndsubisonfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:01 am

Blake Bowers is a great athlete coming back and should win the 100,200,400, and 800 if he's not in any relays. Scott Murphy from Dickinson Trinity is returning in all the jumping events and is expected to do well in them. Along with Ryan Waechter from Park River is returning in the jumps after winning the long jump and runner-up in the triple. I also heard that a long distance runner from New Town has transferred schools to Killdeer. Anyone heard any info about this?
ndsubisonfan

Postby froggy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:13 am

[font=georgia]those are some good athletes. but now how about who will be good team wise? lisbon and dickinson trinity will be pretty good. hazen will produce a good team like they always do.[/font]
froggy

Postby rezball34 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:15 pm

Gabe Fettig from New Town did transfer to Killdeer
rezball34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby froggy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:32 am

[font=georgia]really? do you know the reason why he would do that? because new town usually has a pretty good distance program. i dont see why he would do that. thanks for that name.[/font]
froggy

Postby TJayU » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:24 am

Ellendale threw together a 4x100 very late in the season--the first time they ran it was at the regional meet, then the two times at State--and they broke the school record all three times they ran it.  They got 2nd at State.  The two fastest legs are back, plus if they actually get some practice down, then I'm looking for them to do something in the 4x100.

And whoever that 8th grader from Fargo that won four gold medals last year...I'm seeing her possibly win 20 gold medals in her HS track career.
Last edited by TJayU on Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
TJayU

Postby OkGo12 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:03 am

His name is Gabe Fettig. . .Yes he's a very good distance runner he should be up there but i don't see him beating or coming close to Patrick Wolf of New Town
"The Desire Accomplished Is Sweet To The Soul"
[Proverbs 13:19]
OkGo12
NDPreps Starter

Postby dc34 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:15 pm

New Town still has Wolf and Josh Kirkaldie, who as a pair are very good distance runners and are still only juniors this year. Fettig is the 3rd best out of the 3, but is still a great distance runner
dc34
NDPreps Rookie

Postby koopa » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:28 pm

i hate to bring up a dead topic but gabe fettig transferred because of wrestling i believe.
koopa

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:30 pm

koopa wrote:i hate to bring up a dead topic but gabe fettig transferred because of wrestling i believe.

That's what I heard too, but I saw that he was on their basketball team.
SportsAreLife

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:15 am

Wow, so how about that Ian Beaton kid in the triple jump? Probably gonna take state this year.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iceman3 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:17 am

anderson16 wrote:Wow, so how about that Ian Beaton kid in the triple jump? Probably gonna take state this year.

[font=georgia]never heard of. where is he from? whats his best?[/font]
iceman3

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 pm

iceman3 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:Wow, so how about that Ian Beaton kid in the triple jump? Probably gonna take state this year.

From Grand Forks Central and idk his best but he is dang good i'm telling ya.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iceman3 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:20 pm

anderson16 wrote:
iceman3 wrote:

From Grand Forks Central and idk his best but he is darn good i'm telling ya.

[font=georgia]oh ya so good considering he didnt qualify last year. stop posting stupid things[/font]
Last edited by iceman3 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iceman3

Postby anderson16 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:32 am

iceman3 wrote:
anderson16 wrote:
iceman3 wrote:

From Grand Forks Central and idk his best but he is darn good i'm telling ya.

[font=georgia]oh ya so good considering he didnt qualify last year. stop posting stupid things[/font]

What do you mean? He is good, it aint stupid. your just really bad and ur jealous.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:14 am

iceman has a good point. If he didn't even qualify last year, how do you expect him to take state? Thats a little ridiculous.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:48 pm

That don't matter, well it does a little, but don't you think people can work hard during the off season and get better? Umm, yeah they can. there is such thing as hard work.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 pm

I really dont see how a guy who didn't place at state last year is going to state it this year, but I'm sure he will place pretty high if you're saying he worked so hard in the offseason.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:03 am

you just wait, it will happen. He's coming from no where.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby just a bb fan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:43 am

grizz wrote:I really dont see how a guy who didn't place at state last year is going to state it this year, but I'm sure he will place pretty high if you're saying he worked so hard in the offseason.

are you serious?  are you saying if a kid doesn't place at state one year, he's never going to?  that is stupid.  most kids get better and stronger and sometimes more competitive as they get older. 
just a bb fan

Postby anderson16 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:32 am

just a bb fan wrote:
grizz wrote:I really dont see how a guy who didn't place at state last year is going to state it this year, but I'm sure he will place pretty high if you're saying he worked so hard in the offseason.

are you serious?  are you saying if a kid doesn't place at state one year, he's never going to?  that is stupid.  most kids get better and stronger and sometimes more competitive as they get older.

WORD! that is VERY true.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:43 am

anderson16 wrote:
just a bb fan wrote:

WORD! that is VERY true.

I NEVER said that. I was saying that its very unlikely for a guy who didnt place at state last year to take state. Thats means taking 1st place. Going from a nothing to the number 1?? I never said it cant happen, I'm just saying its very unlikely.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Track and Field