Class B golf in Western ND

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Roughrider » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:22 am

there are going to be some tough teams in the western part of North Dakota. and some good players.

what are everyones thoughts?
Roughrider

Postby spartan1 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:38 pm

The kids from hazen are always pretty tough.
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iluv4winds » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:38 am

Hazen always does seem to field an excellent golf team.  I have also heard that Fargo Oak Grove will have some talented young golfers, although that is eastern ND and not west.  We here in 4 Winds will have a nice team as well.  I heard one of the top golfers will be Scarlett Sapivic from the South West Area.  Not exactly sure where he is from, but I heard he hits it a long ways and has a great short game. 
iluv4winds
NDPreps Rookie

Postby PBKfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:20 am

You guys must be from Bowman. I've heard a lot about Hazen and Dickinson Trinity being really tough. 

Is Bowman going to be any good this year?
PBKfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spartan1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:49 pm

I wonder if the teams in region 7 will have to go to a course that dickinson trinity practices on for the region 7 tourny.:) just a joke
Last edited by spartan1 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iknowthis » Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:57 am

You cant mention Class "B" golf in the western part of the state without mentioning Cletus Foote from Parshall? He has wut it takes to be a state champion golfer. Hes no joke, But Travis Alkire is no joke either the state champion from last year is gonna be back i think better then ever trying to defend his title this year. I think Cletus Foote and Travis Alkire is gonna be a battle at state to watch out for.
Last edited by iknowthis on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby gmac90 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:22 pm

You can't have a discussion about Class "B" golf in Western North Dakota without mentioning Travis Alkire of Standing Rock, the defending State Champion who dominated the end of last season. He has amazing length and a great short game.

Also, last year in Region 5, a region that produced the State Champion, the Runner-Up, and the second place team in the state, there were only three individuals to win a golf tournament: Alkire, Jordan Berglund of Hazen (the State Runner-up who graduated), and Garrett Schultz of New Salem. Schultz is a solid player, and  could surpise people this year.

Team-wise, Trinity and Hazen are perennial powers, and Killdeer had a solid team last year.
Go Big or Go Home
gmac90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ibleedcarolinablue » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:48 am

that's funny spartan. It was at a trinity course last year if my sources are correct.
ibleedcarolinablue

Postby iknowthis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:44 am

The best golf team in the western part of the state is gonna be Parshall-Newtown they have a  very tough squad. I dont think any school on the western part of the state could compete with this squad this year. They have alot of talent but so does Hazen and Trinity there a pretty close second and third, but  thats my thought for the best team in western part of the state.
Last edited by iknowthis on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby under armour » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:11 pm

Yeah funny spartan, i know it was a joke but if you knew, region 7 bball is voted on where it will be held and every coach in the region votes. Dickinson Trinity didn't even attend the vote because of all the drama, and they could care less where they play because they are going to win at any cost at any place.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby under armour » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:13 pm

Trinity has Seth Quintus, Brett Lefor, Mark Keithly, and Brock Cuskelly. none of which are outstanding golfers but they keep consistent, should be a good year for them.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby johnie_23 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:27 pm

i think trinity has a chance at top 3 in the state
johnie_23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:16 am

New Salem has always been a team that is close to cracking the top 3 consistantly....Garrett Schultz from New Salem will be the player to watch from the west....I don't believe the kid from killdeer can consistantly beat him...although I could be wrong...kids improve drastically from year to year...schultz shot a 72 from the tips at prairie west in the midst of making some big swing changes..so when he gets those things figured out I believe he will be the top golfer in the west...I guess Alkire does count for the west...and he has earned the respect he deserves....so as for now I believe its 1.Alkire 2. Schultz 3. Wheeling
bigpoppakdog

Postby scruffy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:54 pm

Trinity struggled in their first meet.  Very inconsistent, but its early.  They have a few good golfers, but lack the true stud.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby iknowthis » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:26 pm

Cletus Foote was the medalist at the watford city invite he shot a 73 and if im not mistakin jacob wheeling from killdeer was there i think he shot a 75 (second). You cant mention top golfers in the west without mentioning Cletus Foote. Like i'v been tellin people he's no joke.
iknowthis
NDPreps Rookie

Postby johnie_23 » Wed May 03, 2006 6:20 pm

trinity won the hazen invite with a 314
johnie_23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jrh22 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Is there any Class "B" team that could compete in Class "A"?
jrh22
NDPreps Starter

Return to Other Sports