Lakers

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Lakers

Postby winner-within » Sun May 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Comments are welcome

First off I've always known Bynum is a piece of Crap...at a true waste of time, I guess he's a Jerry Bus personal project...well, all I can say is there has been alot of Denero wasted on this dude.

Lamar is also a chump...hoping his skills will take him somewhere, putting not one ounce of extra work into the sport that has payed him way to much.

I say Kobe takes off to another team hoping to get # 6 with a new crew.
Last edited by winner-within on Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Lakers

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:50 pm

winner-within wrote:Comments are welcome

First off I've always known Bynum is a piece of Crap...at a true waste of time, I guess he;s a Jerry Bus personal project...well, all I can say is thee hads been alot of Denero wasted on this dude.

Lamar is also a chump...hoping his skills will take him somwhere putting not one onse of extra work into the sport that has payed him way to much.

Heat? I hope not...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sun May 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

First off I've always known Bynum is a piece of Crap...at a true waste of time, I guess he;s a Jerry Bus personal project...well, all I can say is thee hads been alot of Denero wasted on this dude.

Lamar is also a chump...hoping his skills will take him somwhere putting not one onse of extra work into the sport that has payed him way to much.

Heat? I hope not...

He wont go to Miami, I'd say New York or Chicago
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:54 pm

winner-within wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Heat? I hope not...

He wont go to Miami, I'd say New York or Chicago

New York seems most logical
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sun May 08, 2011 10:52 pm

winner-within wrote:First off I've always known Bynum is a piece of Crap...at a true waste of time, I guess he's a Jerry Bus personal project...well, all I can say is there has been alot of Denero wasted on this dude.

Bynum is a bum, remember the shot on Beasely? He is still one of the best centers in the league.

Lamar is also a chump...hoping his skills will take him somewhere, putting not one ounce of extra work into the sport that has payed him way to much.

How could you possibly know this? He is arguably the best player in the 1999 draft class. You don't play in the NBA that long w/o putting in some extra work.

He's not going anywhere. He won't demand a trade. The Lakers won't trade him and no one would be able to afford him. He's due around $90m over the next 3 years.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon May 09, 2011 8:43 am

The Lakers will make a big push to get either Howard or Paul heck ya never know maybe both.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon May 09, 2011 9:19 am

ndfan wrote:The Lakers will make a big push to get either Howard or Paul heck ya never know maybe both.

Then Bynum would be gone, and Odem, Fisher, Gasol.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon May 09, 2011 9:39 am

winner-within wrote:
ndfan wrote:The Lakers will make a big push to get either Howard or Paul heck ya never know maybe both.

Then Bynum would be gone, and Odem, Fisher, Gasol.

Yep they would, but i would take those two over those four any day.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:First off I've always known Bynum is a piece of Crap...at a true waste of time, I guess he's a Jerry Bus personal project...well, all I can say is there has been alot of Denero wasted on this dude.

Bynum is a bum, remember the shot on Beasely? He is still one of the best centers in the league.

How could you possibly know this? He is arguably the best player in the 1999 draft class. You don't play in the NBA that long w/o putting in some extra work.

He's not going anywhere. He won't demand a trade. The Lakers won't trade him and no one would be able to afford him. He's due around $90m over the next 3 years.

all the Centers I think are better than Bynum, some by far, these guys would have also taken the Lakers further in the post season.

Jefferson
M. Gasol
Nene
Noah
Horford
Lopez
Bogut
Okafur
Kaman

and of course Howard

My biggest worry on Bynum isn't his Mental stability (although a concern) its his athleticism along with being injury prone at only 22 years of age...in 3 years you wont here his name much.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue May 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Howard is the only one that is clearly better and his potential is ahead of everyone you have on your list, besides Howard. Injuries are a concern and he's selfish IMO. Remember he delayed surgery on his knee so he go to the world cup after last season.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 am

Well If you take Bynum and make him your Franchise player (assuming your 2end best center theory) You will not win anything, I'd even take Duncan for the next couple of years over Bynum, then if I was forced to put him in the starting line up, I would trade him.
This isnt stemming from the stupid hit, I've been keeping an eye on this kid and he's not my kind of player...He's real slow.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 am

winner-within wrote:Well If you take Bynum and make him your Franchise player (assuming your 2end best center theory) You will not win anything, I'd even take Duncan for the next couple of years over Bynum, then if I was forced to put him in the starting line up, I would trade him.
This isnt stemming from the stupid hit, I've been keeping an eye on this kid and he's not my kind of player...He's real slow.

I'm not saying he is the 2nd best center right now (he may be), but if I were starting a team he would be the 2nd center I would take. Pau Gasol is better than him if you consider him a center. Right now if Bynum is the best player on your team you won't have a team that is very good I agree, but who on that list is capable of being the best player on a good team? Nobody. That is how bad the centers in the league are right now. It isn't like the mid 90s when you had Ewing, Olajuwan(sp), O'Neal, and Robinson.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby gobison#6 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:52 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Well If you take Bynum and make him your Franchise player (assuming your 2end best center theory) You will not win anything, I'd even take Duncan for the next couple of years over Bynum, then if I was forced to put him in the starting line up, I would trade him.

I'm not saying he is the 2nd best center right now (he may be), but if I were starting a team he would be the 2nd center I would take. Pau Gasol is better than him if you consider him a center. Right now if Bynum is the best player on your team you won't have a team that is very good I agree, but who on that list is capable of being the best player on a good team? Nobody. That is how bad the centers in the league are right now. It isn't like the mid 90s when you had Ewing, Olajuwan(sp), O'Neal, and Robinson.

Throw Alonzo Mourning in there too. How about Vlade Divac too. Great centers in the 90's
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm

Flip wrote:

If a center right now in the NBA is the best Center, the second best Center....than you could easily build around them and be highly competitive, Bynum did not have much to do with the back to back Championships, and then on the year he gets way more playing time they take their first sweep in a 100 years...with the same team...go figure, he was simply not worth one minute of extra effort towards a three peat.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed May 11, 2011 9:52 pm

winner-within wrote:If a center right now in the NBA is the best Center, the second best Center....than you could easily build around them and be highly competitive

This isn't true and if you think about it for about 10 seconds you'll figure out why.

winner-within wrote:Bynum did not have much to do with the back to back Championships, and then on the year he gets way more playing time they take their first sweep in a 100 years...with the same team...go figure, he was simply not worth one minute of extra effort towards a three peat.

Take a look at the stats Bynum was probably the only Laker to play significantly better than the past 2 postseasons.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 pm

I know one thing, you can feel you won the argument....but Bynum will never come close to the Hall of fame...many Laker Fans waited years for this kid to finally hit the Hardwood, after numerous injuries.
He will go down in History as the Kid who couldn't handle a good old fashion kicking and had to retaliate with a senseless hit on a 5'10 guard.
Oh, and he wont see a full season next season and not because of the usual injury, because of a at least 5 game suspension.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu May 12, 2011 7:25 am

If 1% of your arguement was based on facts and not your opinion I might give you a little credit.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 am

Flip wrote:If 1% of your arguement was based on facts and not your opinion I might give you a little credit.

Its based on years of experience.
Fact is Bynum is not very good at all ....also another fact is the NBA has a crop of Centers that will potentially develop into strong, solid players, who are helping their team win, playing 30 minutes. Your guy isn't one of these.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu May 12, 2011 10:54 am

winner-within wrote:Its based on years of experience.
Fact is Bynum is not very good at all ....also another fact is the NBA has a crop of Centers that will potentially develop into strong, solid players, who are helping their team win, playing 30 minutes. Your guy isn't one of these.

I'm done debating this with you it is like arguing with a 4 year old.
If you bring one bit of statistical evidence to your arguement I'll listen.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 11:37 am

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Its based on years of experience.

I'm done debating this with you it is like arguing with a 4 year old.
If you bring one bit of statistical evidence to your arguement I'll listen.

Ok Mom
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu May 12, 2011 2:59 pm

I don't know how you would take Okafor over Bynum, Bynum clearly outplayed him in the first round. Al Jefferson has never played on a championship team is not half the defender that Bynum is. Al Horford is really a power forward and is undersized as a center. Noah is a center I would take over Bynum because he is still young, a great hustle player, and a good defensive player. He still needs to get better on the offensive end and still needs to bulk up a little bit. Brooke Lopez has played on bad teams and I am not sure how good defensively he is. I think he has a nice offensive game and has shown some nice durability having played in 75 or more games the three years he has been in the pros. I think Nene is a nice complementary player, but is not one who I would take over Bynum. He would be considered in his prime and his best offensive season he averaged 14 points a game. He played some years with bad teams so I expected that to be higher. He also has never averaged 8 rebounds a game for a season. I think that Bogut is the second best center in the NBA. I think he is very talented but has also had some injury problem the past couple years. He has averaged a double-double the past 4 years. I think Kaman is a very underrated center. He has played on bad teams which have allowed him to get more shots than Bynum but has more range than Bynum.
The centers that I would take over Bynum are:
Howard
Bogut
Noah
Lopez
I think that Bynum is the third best center right now but his injuries due concern me. When he is healthy and active, I think that he is the second best defensive center behind Howard.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Thu May 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I've never been a "who's better right now as we speak person in pro sports especially"....I would love to be a Scout I think I can see past present future real well, its called intuitiveness.
Bynum has had some extraordinary attention in Laker Camp.....with (IMHO) not big results....I posted others given the same attention would be a better investment.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 am

Was reading on probasketballtalk.com that this will be the first time in thirteen years that Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, or Tim Duncan will not be playing in the NBA finals. All three will go down as one of the best at there position. just thought that was a interesting tidbit.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

ndfan wrote:Was reading on probasketballtalk.com that this will be the first time in thirteen years that Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, or Tim Duncan will not be playing in the NBA finals. All three will go down as one of the best at there position. just thought that was a interesting tidbit.

Very interesting, New Era...Just Like when Magic and Bird took the torch from Dr.J and Moses Malone, then Jordan and Hakeem and Ewing took over and Now the new era...Kobe and Shaq had the privilege of Mingling with last 2 eras as well as Pierce and Allen and KG.

There definitely is a Faster Gun in town and the Coaches are Changing faces too.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 pm

ndfan wrote:Was reading on probasketballtalk.com that this will be the first time in thirteen years that Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, or Tim Duncan will not be playing in the NBA finals. All three will go down as one of the best at there position. just thought that was a interesting tidbit.

You think this or probasketballtalk.com does? Bryant obviously behind Jordan and Duncan and O'Neal are both centers.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things