2011 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:18 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I'm not going to say the Heat won because of the refs but I found the free throw differential a little incredible. 36-22 in the Heat's favor. I personally, think LeBron gets a call no matter what. One time, he fell out of bounds for no reason and drew a foul call. One time Pierce literally did not make contact with him, and he got an and one. Then, he hammers someone(I think Green) takes him out high on a layup attempt then whines that he got a foul called on him.

I've noticed this same thing for a while. Not the free throw differencial, but the better players get calls in their favor more often than not. I dont know what it is but Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and even Pierce from time to time get calls that don't seem to be there. Soon it will be Durant and Rose joining the group.

Honestly though, I think it's way worse for LeBron than anyone else.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed May 04, 2011 5:29 pm

bballfan7 wrote:I've noticed this same thing for a while. Not the free throw differencial, but the better players get calls in their favor more often than not. I dont know what it is but Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and even Pierce from time to time get calls that don't seem to be there. Soon it will be Durant and Rose joining the group.

These are also the players that go the basket better than anyone else.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Flip wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:I've noticed this same thing for a while. Not the free throw differencial, but the better players get calls in their favor more often than not. I dont know what it is but Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and even Pierce from time to time get calls that don't seem to be there. Soon it will be Durant and Rose joining the group.

I don't know if Kobe is still one of the best at going to the basket. He does most his work from the outside now.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ambition50 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Flip wrote:

I don't know if Kobe is still one of the best at going to the basket. He does most his work from the outside now.

I think he still drives hard alot.. But he looks for people alot more and yes he usually goes for the jumper
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed May 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Also, I do think the star players do get more calls than the average players, I just don't think it is that bad.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 04, 2011 6:26 pm

well nobody has the refs in their palm like Air Jordan did, and the only ones complaining then were Knick and Utah fans.....NBA isnt NCAA....its aaaaall buisiness
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I'm not going to say the Heat won because of the refs but I found the free throw differential a little incredible. 36-22 in the Heat's favor. I personally, think LeBron gets a call no matter what. One time, he fell out of bounds for no reason and drew a foul call. One time Pierce literally did not make contact with him, and he got an and one. Then, he hammers someone(I think Green) takes him out high on a layup attempt then whines that he got a foul called on him.

I've noticed this same thing for a while. Not the free throw differencial, but the better players get calls in their favor more often than not. I dont know what it is but Kobe, Lebron, Wade, and even Pierce from time to time get calls that don't seem to be there. Soon it will be Durant and Rose joining the group.

Lebron gets fouled on 80% of his attacks to the hoop, gets the call 30% of the time...believe me I've watched the Celts enough to know they will usually come out of every playoff match up with more fouls than their opponent.
All Wade and Lebron & Bosh need is for Bibby, Jones and the rest, to do their role play...and Doc has nowhere to go with his team...not this year.

Actually, the Celtics are a good defensive team. They are a true defensive team. They can actually play D without fouling. The Heat on the other hand, were just hammering people.

I hate hearing people talk about letting the players play in the playoffs. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They've just played 82 games. Why would we not call it the exact same as those games?

When it comes to the Estern Conf. the Heat took over where the Cetics dropped off when it comes to D.....Bostons Stellar D is wore out, they held on pretty good up to about 75 games but the Big three of yesterday are truly just that....Rhondo cant do it alone and even he looks lost.
Remember this isnt ture vintage Celtic ball, built from the Bottom up, this is a Fabricated team by Ainge and McHale that they were hoping would get 2 to 3 rings....they got one and done.....the spurs are in the same boat and so are the Lakers this year. Its a revolving Door....
You Obviously are new to the NBA as a spectator (usually in ND, everybody says "they hate it")....if your talking Hammered you havent seen anything like the 80's and 90's.....I remember when they (in the late 80's) could play the music so loud when the visiting team had the ball that you couldnt hear yourself think....and fist fights were a Nightly occuranse during the Playoffs and they didnt even get a T because of it. Its truly turned into Romper Room!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 05, 2011 12:31 am

Phil...... you bringing in Arrtest has totally backfired, you thought of it as a Rodman segway with the Bulls but Kobe isnt Michael, Michael wouldnt let Rodman act that way, period.
This is truly Kobe, once again, having no control over his team out on the court....I said if they won it again which I didnt think they would...I would Puke!! I'm putting the Ice Cream pale back under the sink. :D
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu May 05, 2011 2:25 am

winner-within wrote:Phil...... you bringing in Arrtest has totally backfired, you thought of it as a Rodman segway with the Bulls but Kobe isnt Michael, Michael wouldnt let Rodman act that way, period.
This is truly Kobe, once again, having no control over his team out on the court....I said if they won it again which I didnt think they would...I would Puke!! I'm putting the Ice Cream pale back under the sink. :D

eh, they won it last year, and it was pretty much the whole team that has played poorly, not just Artest
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ambition50 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:38 am

winner-within wrote:Phil...... you bringing in Arrtest has totally backfired, you thought of it as a Rodman segway with the Bulls but Kobe isnt Michael, Michael wouldnt let Rodman act that way, period.

Really? Ya I agree I don't know why they got artest I guess probably because they needed a hustle player and I could see them coming back so I wouldn't say anything and kobe not having control of his team that's dumb whenever he goes out the lakers struggle they got steve blake and matt barnes actually playing they haven't done crap I actually wish they still had farmer or even ariza barnes and blake just can't do anything
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu May 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Flip wrote:

eh, they won it last year, and it was pretty much the whole team that has played poorly, not just Artest

I didn't say he played Badly, I just think he has been collecting a Check and acting like an Idiot on the court....its truly the one Characteristic of Phil I don't like, he supports Garbage Ball, Fisher too cant seem to handle getting routed by Dallas, Hey! if your not as good your not as good.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Flip wrote:Also, I do think the star players do get more calls than the average players, I just don't think it is that bad.

I like that fact too. They should, but for LeBron it is ABOSLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 05, 2011 1:14 pm

winner-within wrote:When it comes to the Estern Conf. the Heat took over where the Cetics dropped off when it comes to D.....Bostons Stellar D is wore out, they held on pretty good up to about 75 games but the Big three of yesterday are truly just that....Rhondo cant do it alone and even he looks lost.
Remember this isnt ture vintage Celtic ball, built from the Bottom up, this is a Fabricated team by Ainge and McHale that they were hoping would get 2 to 3 rings....they got one and done.....the spurs are in the same boat and so are the Lakers this year. Its a revolving Door....
You Obviously are new to the NBA as a spectator (usually in ND, everybody says "they hate it")....if your talking Hammered you havent seen anything like the 80's and 90's.....I remember when they (in the late 80's) could play the music so loud when the visiting team had the ball that you couldnt hear yourself think....and fist fights were a Nightly occuranse during the Playoffs and they didnt even get a T because of it. Its truly turned into Romper Room!!

Not new to the NBA at all and I don't hate it, I love it. The Heat are not a better defensive team than Boston. And Rondo is doing the worst out of the Celtic stars, so you can't say,"Rondo can't do it alone" because that is misled. I agree that the NBA used to be more physical and that wasn't a bad thing, but the game has changed for better or worse, and if your gonna call it one way in the regular season, it's totally idiotic to call it different in the post season.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:When it comes to the Estern Conf. the Heat took over where the Cetics dropped off when it comes to D.....Bostons Stellar D is wore out, they held on pretty good up to about 75 games but the Big three of yesterday are truly just that....Rhondo cant do it alone and even he looks lost.

Not new to the NBA at all and I don't hate it, I love it. The Heat are not a better defensive team than Boston. And Rondo is doing the worst out of the Celtic stars, so you can't say,"Rondo can't do it alone" because that is misled. I agree that the NBA used to be more physical and that wasn't a bad thing, but the game has changed for better or worse, and if your gonna call it one way in the regular season, it's totally idiotic to call it different in the post season.

Reffing has been spot on in comparison to the regular season, and Rhondo is the main reason they swept the first series....his play is down because KG, PP, RA cant free themselves up.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 am

Dallas and the Heat go Head to Head in the finals
with real Love for Dirk, he unfortunately cant hang on and the Heat get their first of a few....Heat in 7...Oh! as Great as the MVP has been to this point....He simply cant do it alone....the Heat put D-Wade on him and the lights dim....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:41 am

winner-within wrote:Dallas and the Heat go Head to Head in the finals
with real Love for Dirk, he unfortunately cant hang on and the Heat get their first of a few....Heat in 7...Oh! as Great as the MVP has been to this point....He simply cant do it alone....the Heat put D-Wade on him and the lights dim....

I still think the Thunder (or the Grizzlies for that fact) are better than Mavs.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Sun May 08, 2011 2:26 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

I still think the Thunder (or the Grizzlies for that fact) are better than Mavs.

Are you saying one of them may be the west rep.???....because I don't know how they will get by the Mavs...I'm not a true Cuban fan, but he has payed his dues, ten fold
Now they truly deserves a shot at the title.

He's put together a team from what I call the west, He has the superstar, the role players and the enforcer, he has taken notes in retrospect of big Phil.

He does in fact in the end, run into more talent than he has managed to accumulate on his squad (HEAT) so in the end he suffers more disappointment by loosing.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sun May 08, 2011 4:03 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I still think the Thunder (or the Grizzlies for that fact) are better than Mavs.

The Thunder or Grizz may beat the Mavs, assuming they finish the Lakers, but the Mavs will be favored to win the series.

winner, I know you don't care about spelling, but the word is "losing" not "loosing"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sun May 08, 2011 9:30 am

Flip wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I still think the Thunder (or the Grizzlies for that fact) are better than Mavs.

The Thunder or Grizz may beat the Mavs, assuming they finish the Lakers, but the Mavs will be favored to win the series.

winner, I know you don't care about spelling, but the word is "losing" not "loosing"

Your right, your right
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Indy5 wrote: The Heat are not a better defensive team than Boston

They have been in the playoffs.....take a look to your right and you will see the difference maker on both D and O.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:44 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

The difference for the mavs this year than in years past is they learned how to play d and not just try to outrun everyone.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Western Conference:
#4 OKC DEFEATS #8 Memphis 4-3
#3 Dallas DEFEATS #2 LA Lakers 4-0

Eastern Conference:
#1 Chicago DEFEATS #5 Atlanta 4-2
#2 Miami DEFEATS #3 Boston 4-1

Western Conference Finals:
#3 Dallas leads #4 OKC 2-1

Eastern Conference Finals:
#2 Miami leads #1 Chicago 2-1
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Chicago beats Miami in game 1 103 to 82
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoPack#2 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:25 pm

I think the Thunder are going to win it all baby!
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby winner-within » Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am

I predict (although a nice run by the Thunder) Mavericks in 5 games, Bulls are a much more rounded team than the Heat but with the perseverance of the Heat they win in 6...JMO!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things