2011 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

It'll be Thunder in 6 and Chicago in 7
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Indy5 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:It'll be Thunder in 6 and Chicago in 7

I agree with the two winners. I do say Chicago in 7. It could possibly take the Thunder 7 to beat Dallas though. I just think Serge will be a much better matchup on Dirk than anyone the Lakers could throw at him. Plus, Durant has a big advantage on anyone who tries to guard him. No more Tony Allen in his shorts all night.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

I predict (although a nice run by the Thunder) Mavericks in 5 games, Bulls are a much more rounded team than the Heat but with the perseverance of the Heat they win in 6...JMO!
Last edited by winner-within on Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Thunder in 6 and Bulls in 6.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm

winner-within wrote:I predict (although a nice run by the Thunder) Mavericks in 5 games, Bulls are a much more rounded team than the Heat but with the perseverance of the Heat they win in 6...JMO!

No way the Mavs win in less than 6 if they win. They're not signifgantly better than OKC.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:I predict (although a nice run by the Thunder) Mavericks in 5 games, Bulls are a much more rounded team than the Heat but with the perseverance of the Heat they win in 6...JMO!

No way the Mavs win in less than 6 if they win. They're not significantly better than OKC.

well, we will see who knows the NBA better, are you even Predicting that Mavs win (series)? I thought you had predicted a Thunder win (series), which puts my prediction closer to reality even if the Mavs take 7 games....I'll stick with Mavs in 5 and Mavs by 10-15 tonight.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue May 17, 2011 5:55 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

No way the Mavs win in less than 6 if they win. They're not significantly better than OKC.

well, we will see who knows the NBA better, are you even Predicting that Mavs win (series)? I thought you had predicted a Thunder win (series), which puts my prediction closer to reality even if the Mavs take 7 games....I'll stick with Mavs in 5 and Mavs by 10-15 tonight.

I did predict a Thunder win in 6 or 7. No matter who wins this series I feel theres no way it's decided in 5. That's what I was saying. I'll stick with OKC in 7. Dallas will be rusty in game 1 and they'll steal it by 4.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 pm

It's possible to have a series decided in 5 games by evenly matched teams.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm

I'll say this...Dallas was ON THEIR GAME tonight...OKC was not!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Tue May 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:I'll say this...Dallas was ON THEIR GAME tonight...OKC was not!

...even some of the experts were saying the lay off could hurt Dallas, In my experience there is nothing better for a 7 foot shooter to have a week off at this point in the playoffs, fresh legs is what its all about, OKC dosent have any experience of being this deep into a playoff run, thats why its over for them.
The only reason magic and Bird had early success is they were on well coached veteran teams, then they added to that...you can add as a Young Stud (and Durant and Westbrook are just that) but you cant carry the heavy load of having no experience as a serious contender.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 pm

I wouldn't call it over just yet. Dirk had the best game of his life last night, and their team shot I believe 53%. I know it was in the 50s. Westbrook went 3 for 15 but he was at least getting good shots on hard drives to the basket. OKC's whole team was in foul trouble cause of Dirk. Point is, Dallas played probably as well as they ever will, and OKC didn't play that great, but yet with 2:53 left, they were only down 6. This game was by no means a blowout. They were in it the whole time.

On a side note, I honestly don't want to sound like a sore loser here, and I'm not taking anything away from Dirk's shooting performance, but refs, come on. Every time Dirk backed someone down, the defender had to let him move to the exact point he wanted. If they just held their ground, not push back but held their ground, it was a foul. Everyone I know who I talked to about it (None of them Thunder or Mavs fans) said that it was getting ridiculous. I didn't count, but I can tell you that at least 8 of Dirk's free throws were on ridiculous foul calls. Again, Dirk still ripped the Thunder without any free throws, but really?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 18, 2011 1:56 pm

You are a very sore loser! and you didn't talk to many people because Durant was fouled (according to the ref) every time he initiated a move, every time!! not just 8. Dallas wasn't even playing in the first half, they managed a little run before halftime but they didnt start playing D until the second Half...and who's going to stop Barea? he's killing the comp this post season.
Westbrook Choked big time!....Nope, your analysis is way to one sided and looking at your avatar its inevitable...I said earlier in the Playoffs The Thunder have a real solid College Looking team...they can do it all (some games) I actually wish they could win it all but they cant, not this year...give them a couple of years, although they will separate Westbrook and Durant....Westbrook will get sent down the road, he's to naive to the fact that he's playing with one of the best of all time, as far as coming into the league. Thursday? Mavs by 10 again.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:It'll be Thunder in 6 and Chicago in 7

I agree with the two winners. I do say Chicago in 7. It could possibly take the Thunder 7 to beat Dallas though. I just think Serge will be a much better matchup on Dirk than anyone the Lakers could throw at him. Plus, Durant has a big advantage on anyone who tries to guard him. No more Tony Allen in his shorts all night.

Serge has to learn (and it wont be at this young age) that standing straight up (he is 6'11") and playing D on the ball, would be much more effective than waving bye bye(hand back and forth) in Dirks face and letting him go over you...Stand Up! block the shot, even if he fades, with Surges vertical ability he should be able to block a few....he didn't have one block! isn't that his specialty?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:09 pm

I don't see how I was being a sore loser. I predicted with bias yes, but my post game response was totally objective. Can you honestly tell me that those fouls they call for Dirk were legit? They were ridiculous and I don't see how it can be debated. If someone shoots 24 free throws in a game, you'd assume they were driving hard to the basket all night, not shooting fadeaways. Again, I'm not being a sore loser here, as I honestly did expect them to lose that game.

Westbrook had a terrible game. He couldn't make anything, but he won't play that bad again. I don't think he'll get traded away down the road. He's not near as selfish as people think he is. He is a 22 year old that hasn't played point guard in his life. He was an off guard at UCLA because Darren Collison was running the point. He is still learning how to be a ttrue point guard. Most of the time when people think he should be passing to Durant, either Durant isn't open or Westbrook just doesn't recognize it cause he's half ways overwhelmed as a point in the half court sometimes. It isn't because he doesn't want to give Durant the ball. Now, Durant is my favorite player, so I get upset with Westbrook sometimes, but still I'm just looking at this objectively.

How is Serge supposed to block a Dirk fadeaway? I don't think anyone has ever done that before. And if Serge stands straight up on Dirk and doesn't get in a stance, Dirk is skilled enough to go around him.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 pm

Indy5 wrote:I don't see how I was being a sore loser. I predicted with bias yes, but my post game response was totally objective. Can you honestly tell me that those fouls they call for Dirk were legit? They were ridiculous and I don't see how it can be debated. If someone shoots 24 free throws in a game, you'd assume they were driving hard to the basket all night, not shooting fadeaways. Again, I'm not being a sore loser here, as I honestly did expect them to lose that game.

Westbrook had a terrible game. He couldn't make anything, but he won't play that bad again. I don't think he'll get traded away down the road. He's not near as selfish as people think he is. He is a 22 year old that hasn't played point guard in his life. He was an off guard at UCLA because Darren Collison was running the point. He is still learning how to be a ttrue point guard. Most of the time when people think he should be passing to Durant, either Durant isn't open or Westbrook just doesn't recognize it cause he's half ways overwhelmed as a point in the half court sometimes. It isn't because he doesn't want to give Durant the ball. Now, Durant is my favorite player, so I get upset with Westbrook sometimes, but still I'm just looking at this objectively.

How is Serge supposed to block a Dirk fadeaway? I don't think anyone has ever done that before. And if Serge stands straight up on Dirk and doesn't get in a stance, Dirk is skilled enough to go around him.

Especially when Durant and Sefalosha (Sp?) were just bodying up Nowitzki and the official called the fouls...the bodying up didn't even keep Nowitzki from doing anything (moving, dribbling, etc.). Its just amazing what things get called and what doesn't get called. The fouls on Nowitzki last night were ridiculous...especially after watching the Grizzlies/Thunder series...how many fouls could have been called there...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Wed May 18, 2011 11:48 pm

You guys are crying about the refs in an NBA game? come on, thats like crying about the weather in ND... it's uncontrollable, it's not indictable and its irrelevant, not a factor when your working a PRO sport...Period!

The reality is, is the right team, or lets say the team that shoulda Won always wins, maybe 1% of games played out of 1,000's of games played are stolen and .1% of those games are staggered by the officials.
Believe Me the amount of fines Cuban has paid is now paying dividends when it comes to gaining respect, or lets say buying it.
The Thunder have to wait their turn, pay more fines, lose a few more teeth if you will, before they get to Dance on the big stage, this is Dirk and Lebrons year to slug it out.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 19, 2011 9:30 am

I just would also like to add that I am proud of D-wade taking on Gibson and getting dunked on harshly, this kind of play was night in and night out in the 80's and 90's and no one made a big deal out of it, like they do today.
Thats whats wrong with sports on all levels, nobody wants to be "humiliated" in front of the fans, they step away or turn their backs (even the Centers and its their paint) and let plays happen that could have been challenged.
When your fighting for your team you do anything it takes regardless of the outcome, when your fighting in a war would you step away so someone else can get the glory? or take a bullet?
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:56 pm

winner-within wrote:You guys are crying about the refs in an NBA game? come on, thats like crying about the weather in ND... it's uncontrollable, it's not indictable and its irrelevant, not a factor when your working a PRO sport...Period!

The reality is, is the right team, or lets say the team that shoulda Won always wins, maybe 1% of games played out of 1,000's of games played are stolen and .1% of those games are staggered by the officials.
Believe Me the amount of fines Cuban has paid is now paying dividends when it comes to gaining respect, or lets say buying it.
The Thunder have to wait their turn, pay more fines, lose a few more teeth if you will, before they get to Dance on the big stage, this is Dirk and Lebrons year to slug it out.

The calls were actually very relevant. They gave Dirk a lot of free throws he didn't earn and out OKC players in foul trouble. Besides from just putting points on the board, those free throws get Dirk in a rthym.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:You guys are crying about the refs in an NBA game? come on, thats like crying about the weather in ND... it's uncontrollable, it's not indictable and its irrelevant, not a factor when your working a PRO sport...Period!

The calls were actually very relevant. They gave Dirk a lot of free throws he didn't earn and out OKC players in foul trouble. Besides from just putting points on the board, those free throws get Dirk in a rthym.

Oh OK, and you knew he would make all 24 too and then go 13 for 15, while actually not getting fouled.
If the whole league and true fans can all be amazed but a couple lonely boys from ND cant...so be it.....Serge couldn't guard Big baby let alone Dirk.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu May 19, 2011 1:31 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Oh OK, and you knew he would make all 24 too and then go 13 for 15, while actually not getting fouled.
If the whole league and true fans can all be amazed but a couple lonely boys from ND cant...so be it.....Serge couldn't guard Big baby let alone Dirk.

I didn't say that I knew he would make them all, but regardless if he does or not he's still getting a chance for free throws. As they say, getting to the line is the best way for shooters to get going.

And did you really call Serge a bad defender?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu May 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Yep, he has alot to learn about the NBA and Defense, he can block in the paint but he cant go out 10 feet.....advantage Dallas.
you watch tonight who gets more Calls (which means nothing to me) Durant or Dirk.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Fri May 20, 2011 10:03 pm

When I sit and think about it, Brooks may have won the first one (or come closer) if he'd a benched Russ.
Its truly why he won the second one....The Thunder aren't tougher than the Mavs without Russ....are more importantly with him, good coaching move though.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue May 24, 2011 3:57 am

Western Conference:
#4 OKC DEFEATS #8 Memphis 4-3
#3 Dallas DEFEATS #2 LA Lakers 4-0

Eastern Conference:
#1 Chicago DEFEATS #5 Atlanta 4-2
#2 Miami DEFEATS #3 Boston 4-1

Western Conference Finals:
#3 Dallas DEFEATS #4 OKC 4-1

Eastern Conference Finals:
#2 Miami leads #1 Chicago 3-1

NBA FINALS:
#3 Dallas vs. TBD
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Wed May 25, 2011 12:30 am

by winner-within » Tue May 7, 2011 11:00 am

I predict (although a nice run by the Thunder) Mavericks in 5 games, Bulls are a much more rounded team than the Heat but with the perseverance of the Heat they win in 6...JMO!

remember this was May 7th, remember I'm the dumbest poster when it comes to BBall on the preps....I shoulda said 5 and 5..but whatever.

the east...MVP, coach of the year, against the Menace
the west....Dirk, the Big German, Dirk

what more is there to say!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed May 25, 2011 7:38 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs
by winner-within » Tue May 7, 2011 11:00 am

remember this was May 7th, remember I'm the dumbest poster when it comes to BBall on the preps....I shoulda said 5 and 5..but whatever.

the east...MVP, coach of the year, against the Menace
the west....Dirk, the Big German, Dirk

what more is there to say!

The round isn't over yet.

It ain't over till the Fat Lady sings, but Like my old buddy youstu say, "I can hear her yodelin"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things