2011 NBA Playoffs

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs

Postby Indy5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:The Thunder is by far the College team of the NBA...point being, TEAM BALL...Beautiful team...WOW!

Their PG just took 30 shots in one game :shock:

Yeah I was really mad watching that game. He's not that good of an outside shooter to start with and he was having a bad day from deep, but yet he kept pumping them up. He's one of the more explosive players in the game, he needs to get to the hoop more. Their coach even said in a pregame interview that he gets jumpshot happy sometimes.

I couldn't believe his decision when they were down 3 with 8 seconds left. Instead of finding Durant, he runs down an air balls a contested transition 3. I feel that Brooks probably should have taken a timeout here, but that's also in hindsight after seeing what Westbrook did. Brooks probably thought he'd make a better play than that.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
winner-within wrote:Spurs are, well lets just say if Manu is going to the hole it will be worth your effort to hurt his other elbow, no wonder Spain won all those Wars.

The Thunder is by far the College team of the NBA...point being, TEAM BALL...Beautiful team...WOW!

Manu is from Argentina.

Maybe because most the Thunder's team could still be in college, haha.

Spanish Conquerors took over a huge part of South America, Central America and Southern North America....that's why the language is throughout.

I know this, just not sure how Manu applies to Spain winning wars when he is from Argentina.

He looks just like the Spaniard who led the War on Argentina ...I didn't know if he was from Mars, I did know he was a Europro
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 am

I've watched alot of NBA...alot! but I aint ever seen a prolific scorer like Durant at that young of an age...let alone Vetern, Holy Karumbas!!!..is that a word?.. :P ...Congrads THUNDER!!!!.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:37 am

winner-within wrote:I've watched alot of NBA...alot! but I aint ever seen a prolific scorer like Durant at that young of an age...let alone Vetern, Holy Karumbas!!!..is that a word?.. :P ...Congrads THUNDER!!!!.

Durant may have scored alot of points...but Ibaka has to be the player of that game...at least 10 blocks for the Thunder. He saved at least 10-12 easy points for the Nuggets.

OKC is a force...the will be in the Western Conference Finals.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:40 am

winner-within wrote:I've watched alot of NBA...alot! but I aint ever seen a prolific scorer like Durant at that young of an age...let alone Vetern, Holy Karumbas!!!..is that a word?.. :P ...Congrads THUNDER!!!!.

You should look at your avatar before making statements like that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:13 am

Flip wrote:

You should look at your avatar before making statements like that.

Lebrons the King, but he needs to be more dedicated to the game and change his approach while attacking the bucket....watch a few old MJ tapes and realize he can dunk over anyone instead of a cheesy lay in....Don't pay him for a few Games and he'd come around Ha ha!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Durant may have scored alot of points...but Ibaka has to be the player of that game...at least 10 blocks for the Thunder. He saved at least 10-12 easy points for the Nuggets.

OKC is a force...the will be in the Western Conference Finals.

He finished with 9 blocks. 1 short of the playoff record held by Mark Eaton of the Jazz and Hakeem Olajuwon.

Ibaka only had 1 point. Worst offensive game of the series, but still hard to say who played better bewtween he and Durant.

I think Durant is making his mark as a big time clutch player. In this series, everytime the Thunder have needed a big bucket late in the game, Durant's got it for them calm as can be.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:36 pm

winner-within wrote:Lebrons the King, but he needs to be more dedicated to the game and change his approach while attacking the bucket....watch a few old MJ tapes and realize he can dunk over anyone instead of a cheesy lay in....Don't pay him for a few Games and he'd come around Ha ha!

I think you missed or failed to acknowledge my point: Lebron was as prolific of a scorer at that age.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:Lebrons the King, but he needs to be more dedicated to the game and change his approach while attacking the bucket....watch a few old MJ tapes and realize he can dunk over anyone instead of a cheesy lay in....Don't pay him for a few Games and he'd come around Ha ha!

I think you missed or failed to acknowledge my point: Lebron was as prolific of a scorer at that age.

Durant is a much better scorer at that age or even now. Back to back scoring champ, he's a better true "scorer" than LeBron. LeBron is just a freak athlete so he gets his points that way.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Flip wrote:

Totally agreed, but will Durant turn into assist man, rebound man and all around Cowboy...I think he satys a prolific scorer like a Glenn Rice or a Melo.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ambition50 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:I will say this...San Antonio isn't a guarentee (sp?) winner in 1st round...Go Griz!

Really depends on how serious Ginobili's elbow injury is. Although I still think the Spurs will win the series.

I'm just not too confident in the Spurs this year.

I agree with u they just don't have it
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ambition50 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:36 pm

but I mean seriously kobe is the best player in the game today
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:44 pm

Ambition50 wrote:but I mean seriously kobe is the best player in the game today

He's real good, he's getting a little older as we speak....but he has the Hardware!!!
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 pm

winner-within wrote:

He's real good, he's getting a little older as we speak....but he has the Hardware!!!

I still think that Durant or Rose are the best players in the game today! Bryant has the best "resume" from the past...but I'm in agreeance with Winner...he's getting older and injuries have been plaguing him lately.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Just an update on each conference (updated as games finish)

Western Conference:
#8 Memphis DEFEATS #1 San Antonio 4-2
#4 OKC DEFEATS #5 Denver 4-1
#3 Dallas DEFEATS #6 Portland 4-2
#2 LA Lakers DEFEATS #7 New Oreans 4-2

Eastern Conference:
#1 Chicago DEFEATS #8 Indiana 4-1
#5 Atlanta DEFEATS #4 Orlando 4-2
#3 Boston DEFEATS #6 New York 4-0
#2 Miami DEFEATS #7 Philadelphia 4-1

Western Conference:
#8 Memphis vs. #4 OKC
#3 Dallas vs. #2 LA Lakers

Eastern Conference:
#1 Chicago vs. #5 Atlanta
#3 Boston vs. #2 Miami
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Ambition50 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
winner-within wrote:

I still think that Durant or Rose are the best players in the game today! Bryant has the best "resume" from the past...but I'm in agreeance with Winner...he's getting older and injuries have been plaguing him lately.

ya I guess ur right but I mean he's still leading his team maybe to another title... And I think durant is better than rose... Rose sometimes gets frustrated and turns it over but he's still really good don't get me wrong
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Zach Randolph is a BEAST!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Rose and Durant are the most hungry, sorta like Magic and Bird their first couple of Years, but there were still better players...Jabbar, Dr J...who was like a Kobe of today...there were Veterans who if Bird and Magic hadn't had the opportunity to be around they would have never knew where to take their game...Do you really think Rose and Durant or any of the Newbies making huge marks would know what to do and what fashion to do it in if it weren't for Lebron, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Garnett, Pierce...I like to give a Rookie or a soph credit when Credit is do But I know because of how anything works in life somebody has already paved the way.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ambition50 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:24 pm

winner-within wrote:Rose and Durant are the most hungry, sorta like Magic and Bird their first couple of Years, but there were still better players...Jabbar, Dr J...who was like a Kobe of today...there were Veterans who if Bird and Magic hadn't had the opportunity to be around they would have never knew where to take their game...Do you really think Rose and Durant or any of the Newbies making huge marks would know what to do and what fashion to do it in if it weren't for Lebron, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Garnett, Pierce...I like to give a Rookie or a soph credit when Credit is do But I know because of how anything works in life somebody has already paved the way.

I still think kobe is the most hungry in these playoffs. i mean i could maybe see durant or rose winning 2 titles each when there done if that.. But i agree ya the older guys paved the way for these younger guys.. right but i dont see either of those 2 getting as many rings kobe has. But dont get me wrong there good players.
Ambition50
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Nobody has a Crystal Ball but even one ring is a huge feat in the NBA...I meant Durant and Rose are the Most hungry in the NBA this past season with Durant getting the scoring record and Rose MVP...they're trying to establish themselves and doing a good job at it....I don't see Kobe as Hungary in the playoffs as previous years I actually think he has been playing less minutes staying in the reserve mode hoping to get to the Conference Final...then he'll kick it up! I actually think the Thunder have a great Chance of derailing teams in the west and showing up in the finals...
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Indy5 wrote:Durant is a much better scorer at that age or even now. Back to back scoring champ, he's a better true "scorer" than LeBron. LeBron is just a freak athlete so he gets his points that way.

Durant averaged 30.1 at 21 and 27.7 at 22.
James was 27.2 and 31.4 at the same age.

So I don't know what you're talking about.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Flip wrote:
Indy5 wrote:Durant is a much better scorer at that age or even now. Back to back scoring champ, he's a better true "scorer" than LeBron. LeBron is just a freak athlete so he gets his points that way.

Ok, Those numbers are really the same. They had the better of their two years at opposite ages. Like I said, LeBron is and was a freak athlete. He got his points that way. He still gets points that way, but now he does how more of a sense of being a "scorer" to him. Durant has that same sense already.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Flip wrote:

Ok, Those numbers are really the same. They had the better of their two years at opposite ages. Like I said, LeBron is and was a freak athlete. He got his points that way. He still gets points that way, but now he does how more of a sense of being a "scorer" to him. Durant has that same sense already.

You better stop while your behind.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:50 pm

winner-within wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Flip wrote:

You better stop while your behind.

Tell me how I'm behind?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Saying some one is Freak athlete doesn't excuse him of being the best Basketball player on the Planet....your making it sound like he's way off and way behind somebody....like if they take away his Kryptonite he would falter
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things